Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

Plus around that time I will be asking for MOM for the Bradford game. I am continuing OUR MoM in spite of the club wont let us donate our cup to OUR MOM. I know it is a friendly but it is the start of the season so lets go !!!  UTR. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, POR said:

Fans Forum Thursday night  where we are  going to learn all about 

Our vision for 2024

Rovers and IMG 

The state of the game 

Coach and player update on-pre season and finally

Squad development

That'll be good.

Anybody going down to see that, can you take notes and report back to the forum?

14 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

That'll be good.

Anybody going down to see that, can you take notes and report back to the forum?

One for Jamescolin probably?

A few updates from the club via the "from the back office" email and in a story on the club website today
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/ford-looks-ahead-to-bradford-challenge-WzhL3/

I think a few people will over-react to the Bulls pre-season game, sounds like we will have a bit of a scratch/experiemntal side out with several squad members missing for one reason or another and a few triallists playing, as ever with these pre-season games the result will be pretty irrelevant. Good to see another local lad in Charlie Harris getting a chance, but I doubt our line-up on Sunday will be close to what we put out for our 1895 Cup opener.

Interesting to read in the back ofice email that as well as HKR players being available on DR from the 1895 Cup there will be "other additions set to arrive at the same time", that sounds to me like we might have a couple of loanees in the pipeline once pre-season training with their parent club(s) is done, unless we have an overseas rabbit to pull from the hat.

It's good that the club is doing what sounds like a detailed update from the clubhouse tomorrow night with MC, MV and Fordy all there plus several others.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

So Keenen Tomlinson who we’ve known about for a long time as a trialist confirmed 

what about the others 

Kyle trout 

Dean Roberts 

jack Arnold 

oli farrar 

also a new face in Charlie harris anyone know anything position etc 

15 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

So Keenen Tomlinson who we’ve known about for a long time as a trialist confirmed 

what about the others 

Kyle trout 

Dean Roberts 

jack Arnold 

oli farrar 

Harris is a half back who came through the Cas scholarship/academy system and had a year at Bradford though I don't think he ever played first grade.

I'm sure a few of the others will feature on Sunday, clubs wouldn't normally release too much info about triallists unless they actually sign a contract.

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

Harris is a half back who came through the Cas scholarship/academy system and had a year at Bradford though I don't think he ever played first grade.

I'm sure a few of the others will feature on Sunday, clubs wouldn't normally release too much info about triallists unless they actually sign a contract.

There’s a Charlie Harris who has played for Pontefract Rugby Union club, is this the same person?.

1 hour ago, Rovers fev said:

what about the others 

Kyle trout 

Dean Roberts 

jack Arnold 

oli farrar 

Kyle trout has signed for a club in Australia 

On 31/12/2023 at 18:32, marklaspalmas said:

That'll be good.

Not feeling very well. So can't make it. Please let the non attenders have the update. 90 years old kicking in again. UTR.

7 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Have we got a team list for the Bradford game yet? Picked up my season ticket today but no information on the team.

No news except that a few players aren’t fit to play. Aekins, Yei, Hardcastle, and Wellington Albert are out. I’d think that there will be lots of the trialists in the team. 

With so many triallist in the team , I dont suppose Fordy knowns his squad numbers yet. Although Mark LasP gave an interim list on 22 November of the 14 signed on then.

5 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Silence from the club regarding trailists, squad Vs Bradford is frustrating. Almost like they don't know what squad we're going to have in 2 days.

The 19 man squad has been released on rfl website their is 6 on trial and 1 hull kr dual ref player and 6 of our own signed on for next season unavailable   

7 minutes ago, Featherstonerovers2000 said:

The 19 man squad has been released on rfl website their is 6 on trial and 1 hull kr dual ref player and 6 of our own signed on for next season unavailable   

That's fine, I've seen the rfl Website. But that doesn't excuse the lack of communication from the club directly via social media about the squad.

8 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

That's fine, I've seen the rfl Website. But that doesn't excuse the lack of communication from the club directly via social media about the squad.

maybe waiting for players availability such as bussy becayse  on rfl website Bradford only have 20 players but announced 25 on twitter so maybe more from hull kr on dual reg ??