Featherstone Rovers 2024 Squad

marklaspalmas

Think it's good business for everyone IF we bring in a good addition where we're a little short. 

England wouldn't quite get in my strongest 17, however it's a 30+ game season and you need depth and England was a very good player at this level. Think he's had some injuries throughout the last couple of pre-seasons which meant he couldn't quite nail down a spot in the side throughout the season. He has had a full and very strong pre-season this time so it will be interesting to see how he goes. Fev have a good championship player. 

• Like 1

On 15/01/2024 at 09:44, The Phantom Horseman said:

Agree but I think Addy will be just as important in that regard. I don't think any of our other main middles are particularly comfortable passing the ball whereas Addy is a natural 13 whose role at first receiver will be crucial. He and Reynolds share the same birthday (today!) and how they link up will be key to our chances.

3 minutes ago, Bull Mania said:

Think it's good business for everyone IF we bring in a good addition where we're a little short. 

England wouldn't quite get in my strongest 17, however it's a 30+ game season and you need depth and England was a very good player at this level. Think he's had some injuries throughout the last couple of pre-seasons which meant he couldn't quite nail down a spot in the side throughout the season. He has had a full and very strong pre-season this time so it will be interesting to see how he goes. Fev have a good championship player. 

Seems fair enough. Smith didn’t really do it for us, so effectively swapping Smith for England, seems good for both clubs.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Wolfey Rovers said:

Not sure why we retained Tomlinson. He didn't do much for me. But I'm no coach 🙂

Well hopefully he will with more games under his belt.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

I make it 24.

OP updated.

29 minutes ago, haskey said:

Must have got it wrong but I make it 23

I think Mark's list on page 1 has Farrar down as a signing which we assumed was the case when he wasn't listed as a triallist on social media when squads were listed in a recent game. However that was the same with Tomlinson, and seeing as Tomlinson has now twice been listed as a signing on the Fev official website whereas Farrar hasn't I reckon we haven't signed Farrar.

3 days till first competitive game and we still don’t have an official team list, don’t know squad numbers and where is wellington Albert, I’m not trying to be negative because the squad we’ve got is capeable but I don’t know of any other team where there fans don’t know whose actually signed in etc 

1 minute ago, Rovers fev said:

3 days till first competitive game and we still don’t have an official team list, don’t know squad numbers and where is wellington Albert, I’m not trying to be negative because the squad we’ve got is capeable but I don’t know of any other team where there fans don’t know whose actually signed in etc 

I think it's fair comment about the squad numbers though it does sound like a few decisions about triallists etc have only been taken in the last few days.

Regarding Wellington Albert, my guess is that having played in the Grand Final for London and then for PNG at international level late in October, he was allowed to have a good post-season break (maybe that's how we were able to attract him in the first place as presumably London would have wanted him back for pre-season training in December). A few weeks ago in the letter from the back office email, when Martin Vickers talked about HKR players being released to us when the 1895 Cup started (although HKR have a pre-season game on Sunday which might impact that btw) he also commented on "other additions also set to arrive at a similar time" so maybe it was Albert that he was talking about and the aim was always for him to arrive now with a view to being ready for the league season when it starts in March. That's just a guess though as I say.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think Mark's list on page 1 has Farrar down as a signing which we assumed was the case when he wasn't listed as a triallist on social media when squads were listed in a recent game. However that was the same with Tomlinson, and seeing as Tomlinson has now twice been listed as a signing on the Fev official website whereas Farrar hasn't I reckon we haven't signed Farrar.

Clearly I'm wrong as he's in the squad for Sunday!

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Clearly I'm wrong as he's in the squad for Sunday!

I was going to say that I'm fairly sure Farrar is signed, and that makes 24 players. Why Tomlinson was included in the 'new' signing release yesterday when we previously knew he was no longer a trialist, I don't know.

A bit of clarity would be grand.

Just now, Monkeymagic22 said:

Clearly this season, it’s a relatively strong first 17, with an on paper weaker squad. Can’t be paying players who don’t play big money. 

We are going to have to get used to this I think. Without Yei, Bussey and Albert for Sunday, how strong does our 17 look? Without being harsh, there'll be at least six players who wouldn't have made our 25 man squad last season.

18 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Clearly this season, it’s a relatively strong first 17, with an on paper weaker squad. Can’t be paying players who don’t play big money. 

Yep, I think we have about 12 to 14 players who will be in the 17 each week, topped up with a sprinkling of DR players. Then 2 or 3 players who will be on the fringe of the 17 each week, and then 5 or 6 squad depth players who will perhaps be waiting for injuries and suspensions and will also get a chance in the 1895 and Challenge Cup.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I was going to say that I'm fairly sure Farrar is signed, and that makes 24 players. Why Tomlinson was included in the 'new' signing release yesterday when we previously knew he was no longer a trialist, I don't know.

A bit of clarity would be grand.

Aye. An update on Bussey - for all we know, he could be out for another week, or the rest of the season - and an expected arrival date for Albert would be handy.

Once again, evidence the club read the forum. 😉

Wellington Albert is due to join us shortly, and Jack Bussey and McKenzie Yei are progressing well in their recovery which will add even greater options for us in the forwards. The next few weeks will also open the opportunities presented by the Hull KR dual registration partnership which will help develop our already strong team even further.

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, gazza77 said:

Once again, evidence the club read the forum. 😉

To be fair, that lengthy update from the back office was out within minutes of our postings so was probably ready to go anyway. I don't mind either if the club are using social media sites/forums as prompts, at least it shows they're paying attention to what fans are saying.

Anyway, just to test your theory a bit further; we've had no news from the club on the signings of Nathan Cleary, James Tedesco and Cameron Munster...🤞

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

To be fair, that lengthy update from the back office was out within minutes of our postings...

Obviously it was, all said in jest. If the club officials are basing decisions on postings from a handful of individuals on forums and other social media, then we'll definitely end up in trouble. 🤣

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

44 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Obviously it was, all said in jest. If the club officials are basing decisions on postings from a handful of individuals on forums and other social media, then we'll definitely end up in trouble. 🤣

You jest again surely?

I cannot think of anyone better qualified to run our club than the brains trust that constitutes the TRL Fev Forum.

hashtag superleagueherewecome

• Like 1
  • Haha 2