Fri 22nd Sept: SL: St Helens v Hull FC KO 20:00

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/23 at 19:30

21 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Saints by 24.

Have you missed a zero off your prediction?

A few leaving and the rest with nothing to play for, this could get quite painful.

I just hope Tony Smith succeeds in instilling a bit of pride in the jersey.

But I fear he might not.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Hull currently hold a 20 point lead on aggregate for the Steve Prescott Trophy.

I would imagine that will have been comfortably wiped out before half time.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

6 hours ago, boris74 said:

If Hull couldn't even raise their game for the final home game last week then I suspect tonight will be very painful!

A few senior players with niggles not fancying tonight and a few youngsters to debut. Good luck to them! 

Saints by a lot.

We'd be better off claiming a Covid outbreak and forfeiting a 48-0 walkover.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Look up dedication in the dictionary and you'll find this picture. Travelling 3 hours coast to coast in the pouring rain to watch your team play a more than meaningless match. I applaud every single one of them 👏 

IMG-20230922-WA0008.jpg

Edited by sam4731
  • Like 5

Saints kick a penalty after 12 mins, they obviously know this game will be tight....

Sintellerns 2 Ullefsee 0.

"Intense pressure" from Hull FC!

Percival gets the first try of many the evening.

Sintellerns 8 Ullefsee 0.

Jack Welsby penalised for double movement when he had players in support.

3 hours ago, Ullman said:

Hull currently hold a 20 point lead on aggregate for the Steve Prescott Trophy.

I would imagine that will have been comfortably wiped out before half time.

Hindsight and all that...

• Like 1

40/20 from Brad Dwyer ends with Saints batting the ball dead.

Arf tarm.

Saints score early doors after a set restart when Walmsley was tackled. Seems he ain't lost his ability of looking at the ref then.

Hull wait for kick through to go dead but Matautia gets there before it does.

Sintellerns 14 Ullefsee 0.

Lewis Martin scores 80m try on debut for Hull FC.

Sintellerns 14 Ullefsee 6.

• Like 1

Lomax over,

Sintellerns 20 Ullefsee 6.

• Like 1

Welsby in for a back to back Saints try.

Sintellerns 26 Ullefsee 6.

• Like 1

Cameron Scott intercepts,

Sintellerns 26 Ullefsee 12.

Welsby with a last second try.

Sintellerns 30 Ullefsee 12.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Sintellerns 14 Ullefsee 6.

Not only that he helps to win a trophy on his debut. It's a long time since we won the Steve Prescott Cup.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

8 hours ago, Ullman said:

Not only that he helps to win a trophy on his debut. It's a long time since we won the Steve Prescott Cup.

On Wednesday, Robbo sent me a text saying that Bet365 were offering odds of 10/1 on Lewis Martin scoring a try at any point in the game. I replied saying I wouldn't fancy 10/1 on any Hull try scorer at any point in the game.

When I told him Martin had scored last night he replied "You could have got 16/1 on him today!

Sheesh!