24 Squad

gilbert08

2 hours ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

I heard there are a few former players training that haven't signed. 

On the pictures you have Connor Terrill and Max Anderson-moore. Unfortunately Terrill has had a few goes and probably hasn't shown he's quite at the level and Max struggled to get in at Town by all accounts. 

James greenwood is a big risk he has a seriously bad injury record in recent years and at 32 following doing a cruciate is a gamble on decent money I wouldn't be taking (hope to be proved wrong) he's predominantly been a back rower throughout his career also - Langtree replacement?

Brad Walker would be our 3rd loose to go with D.toal and Wilko doesn't really cover another position plays a little at 6 but surely isn't being signed as sammuts replacement? I think it's pretty obvious he's signing been seen down DW with the squad I believe, like Dowsett who's on pictures doing pre-season training. 

Can't really comment on Silva not seen a lot of him. Highlights on his social media he looks like he's an mobile prop with good leg speed (doesn't look the biggest but doesn't matter if he's solid like makin was) could be a good signing.  

I would love to see the Tom Walker rumour come true and I hope the half back we are rumoured to be in negotiations with signs quickly. If that has hit a snag then I don't see why we've let sammut go if we didn't have a replacement lined up I know he has his faults but I would rather squeeze another year out of him instead of scrambling around to sign someone who will probably be of less quality, better the devil you know sometimes...

I don't think those 4 signings take us above our rivals at the lower end of the table based on the signings the likes of donny and co have made. I don't mean to sound negative just being realistic still time to make the additions required to complete the squad I'm sure the board are working hard behind the scenes to do so.

COYR

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Raider91 said:

James greenwood is a big risk he has a seriously bad injury record in recent years and at 32 following doing a cruciate is a gamble on decent money I wouldn't be taking (hope to be proved wrong) he's predominantly been a back rower throughout his career also - Langtree replacement?

Brad Walker would be our 3rd loose to go with D.toal and Wilko doesn't really cover another position plays a little at 6 but surely isn't being signed as sammuts replacement? I think it's pretty obvious he's signing been seen down DW with the squad I believe, like Dowsett who's on pictures doing pre-season training. 

Can't really comment on Silva not seen a lot of him. Highlights on his social media he looks like he's an mobile prop with good leg speed (doesn't look the biggest but doesn't matter if he's solid like makin was) could be a good signing.  

I would love to see the Tom Walker rumour come true and I hope the half back we are rumoured to be in negotiations with signs quickly. If that has hit a snag then I don't see why we've let sammut go if we didn't have a replacement lined up I know he has his faults but I would rather squeeze another year out of him instead of scrambling around to sign someone who will probably be of less quality, better the devil you know sometimes...

I don't think those 4 signings take us above our rivals at the lower end of the table based on the signings the likes of donny and co have made. I don't mean to sound negative just being realistic still time to make the additions required to complete the squad I'm sure the board are working hard behind the scenes to do so.

COYR

Tbh I just guessed based on the initials and the free agents 😂 could be miles off ,tom walker will come down to how tough haven play it because they hold his registration, although Brads best position is at loose he played best part of last season in the halves at Keighley and wasn't very good tbh ,100% best at loose ,dowsett could be a very clever signing ,Silva don't know too much about ,did ok at the broncos that's about it 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raider91 said:

COYR

I wouldn't worry overly about signings at other clubs ,Swinton have brought in Patton, Williams and Spencer tonks among others but have lost their best three players to Leigh and Widnes and imo Williams is past it and Patton's sh#te

Donny have brought in 6 pretty impressive signings but the squads still heavily made up of their league one run that they scraped up with 

Dewsbury will finish bottom nailed on 

Batley have lost some very influential players and not replaced them particularly 

Wouldn't get carried away with haven ,while the PNG lad will no doubt be decent the rest is nothing special 

Halifax haven't really done much significant ,yes Eden's gone their but they've lost walmsley 

Widnes seem to have had big overhaul,new coach,lost some big players ,brought load in 

Lots of ifs,buts and maybes allover the place ,all I know is wakey will romp it,followed by Fev Bradford and Toulouse after that I couldn't say much with confidence 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

I wouldn't worry overly about signings at other clubs ,Swinton have brought in Patton, Williams and Spencer tonks among others but have lost their best three players to Leigh and Widnes and imo Williams is past it and Patton's sh#te

Donny have brought in 6 pretty impressive signings but the squads still heavily made up of their league one run that they scraped up with 

Dewsbury will finish bottom nailed on 

Batley have lost some very influential players and not replaced them particularly 

Wouldn't get carried away with haven ,while the PNG lad will no doubt be decent the rest is nothing special 

Halifax haven't really done much significant ,yes Eden's gone their but they've lost walmsley 

Widnes seem to have had big overhaul,new coach,lost some big players ,brought load in 

Lots of ifs,buts and maybes allover the place ,all I know is wakey will romp it,followed by Fev Bradford and Toulouse after that I couldn't say much with confidence 

Its the size of our squad that is worrying.

The quality is great I'm just fearful for when injuries strike 

• Like 1

On 25/11/2023 at 21:52, ghost of uncle fester said:

JG James greenwood

SD Sam dowsett 

Bw Brad walker 

Rs Ramon Silva 

That'd be my guess 

I like your guess 😜 I’m changing one and going Greenwood, Ramon, Brad Walker and Tom Walker 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1