24 Squad

gilbert08

38 minutes ago, red square said:

The highlights reel for Ramon Silva shows he has the ability to off-load. PLEASE let us encourage it and not look at safer options.

Agreed, not been much 2nd phase played by Barrow, just need people to back him up. 

• Like 1

Someone posted that new signings were being checked out by the medics before being announced.

Hopefully,he has been given a clean bill of health but we all know how tough rl is on the body.

All the very best and welcome back James

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Played just over 25 games in the last 4 seasons, what have his injuries been to keep him out for so long? 

Did his ankle last year I think and had a serious knee injury couple years back ,not got a great appearance record over last few years but like others have said if club can get him on  the pitch regularly it's a real signing,and he's a big lump like Silva so pack is looking pretty big 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RLDB said:

James Greenwood signed.  Plenty of experience but worried by his injury record. 

The opposite can apply as well. Danny Langtree arrived here with a 'Mr Reliable/ever present' reputation and then spent half his time with us out injured for weeks at a time.

• Like 2

Signed on;

Broadbent, Creswell, Carter, Shaw, S.Toal, Bulman, Costello, Clarke, Johnston, Jackson, Wood, Burke, Silva, Gillam, Greenwood, Stack, Emeslie, D.Toal, Wilkinson. 

That leaves us with 19 if as expected Brad Walker and Sam Dowsett sign that's 21. Desperately in need of a 6 not convinced Jackson or Walker are champ level 6s. Also need at least another 2 props (hopefully Tom Walker is one) 

Edited by Raider91
  • Like 3

On 29/11/2023 at 21:40, Raider91 said:

Signed on;

Broadbent, Creswell, Carter, Shaw, S.Toal, Bulman, Costello, Clarke, Johnston, Jackson, Wood, Burke, Silva, Gillam, Greenwood, Stack, Emeslie, D.Toal, Wilkinson. 

That leaves us with 19 if as expected Brad Walker and Sam Dowsett sign that's 21. Desperately in need of a 6 not convinced Jackson or Walker are champ level 6s. Also need at least another 2 props (hopefully Tom Walker is one) 

Still no news on Sammut's intentions for next season?

• Like 1
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

5 minutes ago, Ulverstonian said:

Personally sad to see Sammut leave. Frustrating at times but also brilliant and can create a try from nothing at any stage of a match. Was a pleasure to have him while we did.  Especially that first season. Wow.

Hope he finds a club but doesn't come back to haunt us.

I agree, at times he could frustrate but for me I'd of kept him(if financially possible) He can make something out of nothing and gets us tries out of nowhere. Sad to see him go

• Like 1

Just 2 more signings to come.

According to 'insider' Pablo Escobar that will be Sam Dowsett as a back-up 9 and Brad Walker who I thought was a forward, but some posts say he's a half-back? 

Otherwise if no new 6, will just turned pro Jackson be starter for this vital position? He's no Sammut.

Assume Clarke will play in the pack (short on numbers) as we already have 6 players for the back-line, Broadbent, Cresswell, Bulman, Costello, Toal & Shaw. Carter back-up for injuries.

Interested to hear views.

Edited by 2Cents
  • Like 1

Assuming Dan toal proves his fitness he'll be 19th player ,two pretty much done takes it to 21, might be wrongly reading between the lines with the comment saying announcement at later date may suggest it's the two walkers who were both under contract for 2024 but we're negotiating releases so it's a possibility, possible dowsett and others are in trial and be added if prove their worth

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

Assuming Dan toal proves his fitness he'll be 19th player ,two pretty much done takes it to 21, might be wrongly reading between the lines with the comment saying announcement at later date may suggest it's the two walkers who were both under contract for 2024 but we're negotiating releases so it's a possibility, possible dowsett and others are in trial and be added if prove their worth

You've verbally agreed terms with Walker but still on-going legal battle getting his release I've heard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

You've verbally agreed terms with Walker but still on-going legal battle getting his release I've heard

Dunno what has gone on but Barrow released Carter who was under contract and who went to sign for Haven,they also loaned Saunders when they were struggling for a hooker last season.

There may be more to it but why keep a player who obviously doesn’t want to play for the club,I don’t see the reason into a legal battle where nobody wins but legal people?

Edited by HP Beans
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HP Beans said:

Dunno what has gone on but Barrow released Carter who was under contract and who went to sign for Haven,they also loaned Saunders when they were struggling for a hooker last season.

There may be more to it but why keep a player who obviously doesn’t want to play for the club,I don’t see the reason into a legal battle where nobody wins but legal people?

I agree with you mate, very messy situation it's turned into. I'd heard Haven's initial problem was an illegal approach to him prompted him to want away, then barrow refused to pay a transfer fee so Haven basically said no and are now still fighting it. It all just seems to be hearsay so I doubt we'll ever know the full goings on. Not good for either party unfortunately 

• Like 4

On 01/12/2023 at 13:34, 2Cents said:

Just 2 more signings to come.

According to 'insider' Pablo Escobar that will be Sam Dowsett as a back-up 9 and Brad Walker who I thought was a forward, but some posts say he's a half-back? 

Otherwise if no new 6, will just turned pro Jackson be starter for this vital position? He's no Sammut.

Assume Clarke will play in the pack (short on numbers) as we already have 6 players for the back-line, Broadbent, Cresswell, Bulman, Costello, Toal & Shaw. Carter back-up for injuries.

Interested to hear views.

Brad walker will play half back I can put a lot of money on that, Jackson will be the back up for half back. If walker struggling in the halves he will find himself at 13 I reckon and Jackson into the halves. Walker and Johnson to be the halves guaranteed.

• Like 1