Next years strip

RogerT

Now things are starting to move as anybody got any idea's what they would like for the next home kit.

I would like to see the cherry and white strip again with cerise shorts and flame socks.

We never actually played in cherry, cherries aren't bright red normally! Club colours are now cerise (which is cherry) gold and white. Considering we had the very brief dalliance with red in 2020 can't see it returning; I mean, look at the RFL attitude to us having a special Wembley shirt! I'd like to see a heavier use of gold, I've seen a design and have sent in a couple of ideas to kit suppliers myself. 

I'd like this type of design

sketch-1698101488758.jpg

• Like 3

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Batley have played in cherry and white stripes during                                                                                                                                                                                                  the late 50s and 60s. (showing my age now).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes and when I played with the Batley Junior Supporters Club we used to get the old kits handed down to us and that was in the very early 60's and in the under 17's.

It was called cherry and white but the difference between the colour of cherries and the colour on the shirts was notably different. Wigan played in exactly the same style and colour yet they have now changed to the darker colour to remain cherry and white. Any road up....we should make more use of the gold and get rid of the ugly wide V. I've seen a Ravensport mock-up, the club doesn't have or make any input into kit designs. There was an Aussie kit on fb a day or 2 ago....gold from shoulders down to chest then maroon downward with 3 thin white rings which looked the bees knees.  We could even go back to the very first cerise and fawn but simply alternate the hoops in fawn and white. I'd like to see a green/gold 2nd strip akin to the one worn v Wigan at Burnden Park in the Cup.

32 minutes ago, phildog said:

It was called cherry and white but the difference between the colour of cherries and the colour on the shirts was notably different. Wigan played in exactly the same style and colour yet they have now changed to the darker colour to remain cherry and white. Any road up....we should make more use of the gold and get rid of the ugly wide V. I've seen a Ravensport mock-up, the club doesn't have or make any input into kit designs. There was an Aussie kit on fb a day or 2 ago....gold from shoulders down to chest then maroon downward with 3 thin white rings which looked the bees knees.  We could even go back to the very first cerise and fawn but simply alternate the hoops in fawn and white. I'd like to see a green/gold 2nd strip akin to the one worn v Wigan at Burnden Park in the Cup.

Why should we make more of the gold? Is the V ugly? I always get the impression that the V is popular! Are you saying that if KN and the board hated the designs for the new kit, they couldn't refuse it? 

I always quite liked our green kits, from the past and more recently. 

Edited by distantdog

Because DD there isn't much left design-wise that can be done with maroon/cerise IMO. I personally think the thick V is quite amateurish. Kit availability gets later and later, would there be time for a design to be objected to? We used to do a night in Ron's in November when new players were announced, the coach gave us a rundown on everybody and their numbered shirts for the season were presented. The now January night should also be held on site, I'd rather be putting my evening's money into making Kev's 'grandsworth of ale' drive! I posted on the Supporters' site an Aussie strip as an example if anyone's seen it.

Edited by phildog

8 hours ago, phildog said:

Because DD there isn't much left design-wise that can be done with maroon/cerise IMO. I personally think the thick V is quite amateurish. Kit availability gets later and later, would there be time for a design to be objected to? We used to do a night in Ron's in November when new players were announced, the coach gave us a rundown on everybody and their numbered shirts for the season were presented. The now January night should also be held on site, I'd rather be putting my evening's money into making Kev's 'grandsworth of ale' drive! I posted on the Supporters' site an Aussie strip as an example if anyone's seen it.

You put a Brisbane shirt 

And do you know the Irish Nash sponsor the club maybe that’s why they have it there? And it gives the club staff an evening off 

Lots of companies sponsor the club but don't have club functions. Not wanting to make a thing out of it, just pointing out things which have disappeared off the club scene, things which have altered which are obviously affecting club income.

Phil dog,are you sure you're not really Eric Olthwaite? 

The precipitation of recent days must have you positively quivering with excitement............. 

• Haha 3

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2023 at 22:42, phildog said:

Regards rhe "V" shirts, I seem to remember, back in the day, it being said.....The V pattern is a psychological image. It makes people wearing that type of patterned shirt, from chest to shoulders, much more physical,  broader etc. Just as hoops "can" make people appear wider. Not a fashion guru so I'll probably get shot down by some ...hey ho. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

When I was teenager( that wasn't yesterday) Batley always played in cherry and  white hoops. When the likes of Wigan visited, who also had the same colours the home team changed, Batley reverted to blue and white. Courtesy thing.

November 28th 2019, just gone vack through my photo gallery, shots of JC and Manu modelling the 2020 NRC remembrance red and white and the dual blue, players were presented with their squad numbers and shirts, just for those who think it's always been Nash night and that kits haven't been available....Time we knew for Christmas, and Season Tickets.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, phildog said:

November 28th 2019, just gone vack through my photo gallery, shots of JC and Manu modelling the 2020 NRC remembrance red and white and the dual blue, players were presented with their squad numbers and shirts, just for those who think it's always been Nash night and that kits haven't been available....Time we knew for Christmas, and Season Tickets.

can someone remove the dust from stylus?

maybe season tickets have not been released yet due to BOD not decided on what it will cost to get into games next season which factors like central funding will have had a bearing on this and only been released this week by RFL , so anyone to blame is RFL for dragging their feet , yes other clubs have released prices before this news and maybe they can afford to take an hit, where as Kev and the BOD have already said there is a deficit from last season and working all areas to improve this and yes its not the news us fans wanted to hear but give them the time to sort it all out and then sure season tickets will then be on sale once they know the pricing in what us fans will have to pay to go through the gate.

• Thanks 1

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012