Seems quiet on the signings front.

RawlinsonRaider

2 hours ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

With pre season drawing near i was wondering what the squad was looking like. Seems to have been quiet. 

10 players left I think it is, Sam

utt the latest & 2 signed?

The forwards were smashed last year & centres were not at the races add the injuries & Barrow only going to struggle

Everyone around them are recruiting & recruiting well, even Whitehaven have signed 3-4 Australia players & Italian

How the #### are Oldham splashing way above there income & with Myler, Eden, Hall just a few all playing in the Championship 2024

All eggs in one basket with Wigan loans or will news come soon of players??

Season cards will be intresting with no news of anyone 

Costello will need to score 30 trys

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pablo Escobar said:

10 players left I think it is, Sam

utt the latest & 2 signed?

The forwards were smashed last year & centres were not at the races add the injuries & Barrow only going to struggle

Everyone around them are recruiting & recruiting well, even Whitehaven have signed 3-4 Australia players & Italian

How the #### are Oldham splashing way above there income & with Myler, Eden, Hall just a few all playing in the Championship 2024

All eggs in one basket with Wigan loans or will news come soon of players??

Season cards will be intresting with no news of anyone 

Costello will need to score 30 trys

Hopefully more to be announced soon. As for Oldham they have new owners who are investing lots of money in the club. Obviously serious about getting into the Championship and beyond. 

• Like 2

16 at the moment I think 

Confirmed Contracted or new deals, creswell,toal, broadbent,bulman,Johnston,Burke,Evans,langtree,emslie,wood, Wilkinson,Shaw,carter,Jackson 

New players, Costello ,Clarke 

Pretty sure it's just a tactical waiting game ,just to release news at what they see is the best time to do so,also all the social media reactions count toward the IMG nonsense 

Oldham btw were took over by a consortium led by Mike ford with some big money behind them 

Edited by ghost of uncle fester
  • Like 1

Also alot of rumour with names being banded around ,Brad walker,tom walker,James Newton,jacques O'Neill 

All rumours but you never know 

Been talk of the DR with Wigan that could see return of likes of makin and eckersley maybe ,I'd imagine makin is well off 1st team with the forward options at Wigan now and he was class at barrow 

Edited by ghost of uncle fester
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ghost of uncle fester said:

16 at the moment I think 

Confirmed Contracted or new deals, creswell,toal, broadbent,bulman,Johnston,Burke,Evans,langtree,emslie,wood, Wilkinson,Shaw,carter,Jackson 

New players, Costello ,Clarke 

Pretty sure it's just a tactical waiting game ,just to release news at what they see is the best time to do so,also all the social media reactions count toward the IMG nonsense 

Oldham btw were took over by a consortium led by Mike ford with some big money behind them 

Stack signed again as well

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RLDB said:

It’s getting a bit worrying now, all other clubs seem to be announcing signings every couple of days. Even if the Wigan duel reg happens, the 16 players currently signed is nowhere near enough. 

Wigan are duel-Reg with Wakefield Trinity

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Vet said:

Wigan are duel-Reg with Wakefield Trinity

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/super-league-champions-wigan-warriors-agree-dual-registration-partnership-with-championship-club-wakefield-trinity-for-2024?fbclid=IwAR32Eqca_AXqAKz4BxP9fh5sK3wwW0P_kh1ya9m_9Yh8D1gGJKHj8qFpTJ0

We've probably lost the opportunity to go duel reg with Wigan now and it's gone extremely quiet on the singing. 

I hope we hear some news on strengthing the squad as this upcoming season willl potentially be tougher than the last with Wakefield and Toulouse being part of it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
BarrowRaiders-Enforcer-1.png

13 minutes ago, Masters 13 said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/super-league-champions-wigan-warriors-agree-dual-registration-partnership-with-championship-club-wakefield-trinity-for-2024?fbclid=IwAR32Eqca_AXqAKz4BxP9fh5sK3wwW0P_kh1ya9m_9Yh8D1gGJKHj8qFpTJ0

We've probably lost the opportunity to go duel reg with Wigan now and it's gone extremely quiet on the singing. 

I hope we hear some news on strengthing the squad as this upcoming season willl potentially be tougher than the last with Wakefield and Toulouse being part of it. 

Dewsbury and Doncaster will be v competitive too. Gotta say at the moment it's concerning. We stayed up by skin of our teeth last year, without serious squad improvement we might not get so lucky next time

• Like 2

Maybe it's just the cynic in me but Wigan are reportedly DR-ing with Wakefield (already backed by big money) and Oldham (backed by new money and have already signed 27 players to play in a 20-game a season division) which means that they can afford to pay the lion's share of any fee on players they get from Wigan. I don't believe in DR anyway so this is more of a observation than a moan. It's going to be tough but we've had it tough before.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rowan said:

Maybe it's just the cynic in me but Wigan are reportedly DR-ing with Wakefield (already backed by big money) and Oldham (backed by new money and have already signed 27 players to play in a 20-game a season division) which means that they can afford to pay the lion's share of any fee on players they get from Wigan. I don't believe in DR anyway so this is more of a observation than a moan. It's going to be tough but we've had it tough before.

Which other Super League teams are there left to Dual Reg with? Leigh? Huddersfield? Warrington? Unless we have a good number of signings to announce, i feel we need some kind of DR or loan agreements. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

Which other Super League teams are there left to Dual Reg with? Leigh? Huddersfield? Warrington? Unless we have a good number of signings to announce, i feel we need some kind of DR or loan agreements. 

I think Leigh would be a good choice just signed about 7 due to the home grown rule and most aren't likely to start and have quality players  ,think I read somewhere Warrington were in discussion with Widnes over DR ,not too sure 

• Like 1

Statement released by the club says a new signing is imminent. Also chasing a half back and in advanced talks with 3 props. Hoping to run with a 22 man squad with back up from Furness Raiders. Also should leave some budget for mid season signings if needed. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 18:11, RLDB said:

Statement released by the club says a new signing is imminent. Also chasing a half back and in advanced talks with 3 props. Hoping to run with a 22 man squad with back up from Furness Raiders. Also should leave some budget for mid season signings if needed. 

Unless it's quality then not point just putting bums in in a shirt

Halfback, unless it's a big catch from Super League all season loan (Salford/Leigh) or Penrith Res team club then it was pointless letting Archer go

Is Wells tied down for 1 more year & wouldn't it be good to somehow get Anton back 🤔 if he gets the ok from the wife 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1