1895 cup 2024

HP Beans

3 minutes ago, pennington said:

Does anyone know how it works for the next round ? How do we get a home draw ?

Its an open draw. 

• Like 2

It was a very complete performance to be fair. 

Controlled the first half despite the ref giving us a sin bin for dissent. They threatened our line a few times but we always looked in control. They scored immediately in the second half when a kick rebounded off the post. They had a strong 10 minutes afterwards and deserved their try. We regrouped and controlled the rest of the game to win it 18-12. 

Ramon Silva was man of the match by a mile. Whitehaven's pack just couldn't handle him. 

Max Clarke was very good till he got knocked out by a high shot. 

We look a lot more composed in attack and defence. Walker and Johnston seem to stick to the game plan and control the game which is nice to see. 

The ref spoilt the game abit by wanting to blow as many penalties as possible. Blew an incorrect play the ball on the first play of the game against us, sin binned Ryan Johnston after 10 mins then gave us a ridiculously penalty when the Whitehaven player pushed our marker which we scored off. Just to give you a bit of a sample.

If you add Bulman, Walker and Gillam into our side I think we win the game by much more. Whitehaven had a few moments where they were dominating yardage through the middle (when Silva and Burke were off). The dip when they went off was very noticeable. 

Fair play to the boys a great win. We look a very well organised side. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RSN said:

It was a very complete performance to be fair. 

Controlled the first half despite the ref giving us a sin bin for dissent. They threatened our line a few times but we always looked in control. They scored immediately in the second half when a kick rebounded off the post. They had a strong 10 minutes afterwards and deserved their try. We regrouped and controlled the rest of the game to win it 18-12. 

Ramon Silva was man of the match by a mile. Whitehaven's pack just couldn't handle him. 

Max Clarke was very good till he got knocked out by a high shot. 

We look a lot more composed in attack and defence. Walker and Johnston seem to stick to the game plan and control the game which is nice to see. 

The ref spoilt the game abit by wanting to blow as many penalties as possible. Blew an incorrect play the ball on the first play of the game against us, sin binned Ryan Johnston after 10 mins then gave us a ridiculously penalty when the Whitehaven player pushed our marker which we scored off. Just to give you a bit of a sample.

If you add Bulman, Walker and Gillam into our side I think we win the game by much more. Whitehaven had a few moments where they were dominating yardage through the middle (when Silva and Burke were off). The dip when they went off was very noticeable. 

Fair play to the boys a great win. We look a very well organised side. 

Congrats on the win but you defo did t control the game at all or was watching something different to anyone else Dion ran your middles raged haven should have won that game but discipline  cost us in the end and considering you have played six games to havens 2 I think we will be fine again congrats on the win but u wer not by any means dominant it was a slog and a good one also we had a few of our better players missing 

Edited by Havenfan13
  • Like 1

Just now, Havenfan13 said:

Congrats on the win but you defo did t control the game at all or was watching something different to anyone else Dion ran your middles raged haven should have won that game but discipline  cost us in the end and considering you have played six games to havens 2 I think we will be fine again congrats on the win but u wer not by any means dominant it was a slog and a good one 

Dion had a fantastic game and there was a spell in the middle of the game which you got on top. 

The first 20 minutes and last 20 minutes you didn't offer much threat at all. I think we got 4 or 5 goal line drop outs and in those periods spent most the game in your half. 

Haven will be fine I don't think either side is a threat of going down. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2

Just now, RSN said:

Dion had a fantastic game and there was a spell in the middle of the game which you got on top. 

The first 20 minutes and last 20 minutes you didn't offer much threat at all. I think we got 4 or 5 goal line drop outs and in those periods spent most the game in your half. 

Haven will be fine I don't think either side is a threat of going down. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Yes you did pin us back a few times to be fair like good luck In the next round guys 

• Like 1

Close-fought game, but I thought we just edged it. Haven have some powerful forwards, Aussies I guess.

Luke Cresswell played his usual great game. Safe under high-balls and always looking to support in attack from full-back position and he made some excellent breaks.

Bit concerned for Oldham game with Max Clarke concussed, Stack banned and Cresta said there are more injuries.

Really hope Tom Walker is back and that Shane Toal will come in for Clarke in the centre.

• Like 1

Thought it was a pretty even game, ref made some poor decisions for both sides. Noteable difference was really only match fitness as Barrow have played more which helped them out. With players to come back into both sides I think we're all in for an interesting season.

• Like 2

The draw for the Quarter finals will be held live on BBC Radio Cumbria Sport, directly after the Workington vs Whitehaven game in 2 weeks time.

Let's hope we avoid Wakefield and keep the Wembley dream alive 👌🏉

• Like 1

Was anyone’s game until Romeo had a brain fart, if carter had passed ball when broke through haven would have been 12 up and game over….. saying that, Silva was best forward on pitch & cresswell was outstanding at fullback. Bodes well for both teams for season, gonna be a lot of arm wrestles for points. 

• Like 3

A great derby, think the difference come down to Barrow playing more matches and being game fit, just proves that doing all this cross fit training isn’t the same as playing on the mud. Suggest haven put down the weights and start getting on the field. 

a lot of people shouting about haven missing couple big players PNG star, Maizen and another Aussie prop. Barrow could shout about that aswell with no Bulman, TWalker, both Toals and Ellis Gillam. 

poor attendance to see, people of Whitehaven really need to start going down or they are gonna be in trouble big time soon sad to see. 

3 consecutive derby wins over Haven now, roll on Oldham 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2Cents said:

Ryan Johnson's and Brad Walker's brilliant kicking won us the game.

Also the people chasing the kicks and making the opponent team knock the ball dead, no kick chase means kicks are easier to deal with. 

• Like 1

Barrows kicks to Havens in goal area were very well judged and forced a number of drop outs.  The high kicks in open play were also well challenged by Barrow but the majority of times the Barrow players were offside as the kicker was the back man and did not run forward to put the others on side and they never allowed the Haven full back the required 10 yards. Barrow were bright enough to realize this and kept doing it as they were not getting penalised.  Haven should have done the same but Cresswell was never put under pressure to field high kicks.

The game was generally played in a good spirit and the only incident was when Broadbent put his head into Romeo who reacted by pushing Broadbent and giving Barrow the penalty that resulted in the key 6 points. I dont think that it was intentional by Broadbent.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Haven 123 said:

We have had a lad come on board who’s a computer whizz our socials have goon up 2 folds, definitely nice to watch.

The quality is fantastic, I think game footage is something long term try to improve as makes highlight packages etc easier to make hence you've got more marketing material. 

On the footage it looked like Ryan King dropped the ball, the ref was very close so I can't imagine he got it wrong. 

• Like 1

Full game is available on Havens YouTube. I watched it and thought in the main we were pretty solid.

Clarke looks like a good ball carrier with his size I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved in field playing more in the middle think he would fit nicely there. 'magic mike' is very much a work in progress. Ryan Johnston has become a very good half back and his partnership with Walker looks good. I had my doubts about Walker being a long term 6 but what I've seen so far he has been very impressive 👏 across the board everyone went well if we can keep most out key players fit and reduce the penalty count I'm hopefully we can have a solid season 🤞

• Like 1

I see that Havens board have banned a fan from the Wreck for abusing the referee and are looking for another for homophobic abuse of the touch judge.

Nice to see them finally trying to control their unruly fans👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HP Beans said:

I see that Havens board have banned a fan from the Wreck for abusing the referee and are looking for another for homophobic abuse of the touch judge.

Nice to see them finally trying to control their unruly fans👍🏻

The one who got banned is a die hard home and awayer who always tongue in cheek winds the refs up but never out malicious. As for the other one no idea who that is and I stans in the area it was supposed to have been said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, donald said:

The one who got banned is a die hard home and awayer who always tongue in cheek winds the refs up but never out malicious. As for the other one no idea who that is and I stans in the area it was supposed to have been said.

Eddie Holiday? Now that man does have a mouth on him

• Like 1