1895 cup 2024

HP Beans

13 hours ago, Haven 123 said:

Don’t quote me but I think these games will be split gate so just need to get as many as possible there to put valuable coin into coffers. 

I’m not convinced that the gates are split ,due to the fact home advantage has been given to all League One clubs to help them out,but I could be wrong.

If it comes down to League positions from last season,I guess Barrow will travel to Haven.

If that is the case we need to pray for a home tie in the Challenge cup!

• Like 1

..the gates...might as well lock them after the Crusaders friendly..no home tie in the 1895 Cup... no home league match until 7 th April..if the Challenge Cup doesn't produce a home tie there's potentially a 12 week gap between home  games...including the Easter weekend...

Edited by Wandering pete
Punctuation
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, RawlinsonRaider said:

Ridiculous to think the RFL plan these fixtures. Do they do it with their eyes shut? No other business would be expected to run without revenue. Absolute numpties. (trying to be polite)🤣

I agree,I think Haven start their League campaign with 4 home fixtures,Swinton start with 3 away,how can that be right?

They need to think about clubs cash flow surely?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HP Beans said:

I agree,I think Haven start their League campaign with 4 home fixtures,Swinton start with 3 away,how can that be right?

They need to think about clubs cash flow surely?

Sheffield start at home to toulouse then 4 away games . It's as if they're trying to make clubs struggle. We start with the 4 home games then during the summer months there's gonna be months when we only have one home game. With 14 teams in the league it would have been simple to do it home and away games week by week

• Like 4

4 hours ago, donald said:

Sheffield start at home to toulouse then 4 away games . It's as if they're trying to make clubs struggle. We start with the 4 home games then during the summer months there's gonna be months when we only have one home game. With 14 teams in the league it would have been simple to do it home and away games week by week

Back in 2022 - I think Town had 7 of our first 8 matches at home in Jan/Feb/march not the best weeks weatherwise for crowds and therefore seemed to be away all summer during better weather?  Also affects clubs cash flow - when travelling away regular instead of alternate weeks

• Like 3

4 hours ago, donald said:

It took us three months to get four home games this season, then by the end of May we only had five.

On top of that they’ve got Haven and Town both at home on the opening day of the season. 

• Like 2

I wonder how much of this fixture nonsense is a knock-on effect of having to accommodate teams being unable to play on certain days?

There's an awful lot of overlap between the football/RU seasons and our "summer" game, particularly in Spring. I'm thinking of the likes of Halifax/Toulouse/York/Doncaster who might not have first dibs at "their" home grounds on certain weekends in February/March/April - everyone else gets buggered about as a result.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dave W said:

I wonder how much of this fixture nonsense is a knock-on effect of having to accommodate teams being unable to play on certain days?

There's an awful lot of overlap between the football/RU seasons and our "summer" game, particularly in Spring. I'm thinking of the likes of Halifax/Toulouse/York/Doncaster who might not have first dibs at "their" home grounds on certain weekends in February/March/April - everyone else gets buggered about as a result.

Yeah I would say that deffo has an affect on things unfortunately.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HP Beans said:

Yeah I would say that deffo has an affect on things unfortunately.

It should be consecutive Home/Away fixtures for every team and if your home ground isn't available for whatever reason you play it elsewhere. Plenty of time to sort it out: the fixtures are months off.

Crusaders seemed to manage when Colwyn Bay wasn't available. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Workington away this Sunday,looking forward to it.

Hopefully get a good following up there,to help Town out a bit👍🏻

They seemed to have assembled a good squad this season,it will be a tough encounter.

• Like 1

Hope Barrow fans travel up for both their games in West Cumbria as last years game at Haven was very light on Barrow fans given that it was on a Monday night and on TV. Not sure if the games are shared gate or not but always loads of Town and Haven fans travel to Barrow for the games. Hopefully all Cumbrian teams fans support the games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Looking forward to the game with town. Won't be heading to Whitehaven the week after though after the behaviour of some of their fans the last few times we've played them.

Same ere👍🏻

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Looking forward to the game with town. Won't be heading to Whitehaven the week after though after the behaviour of some of their fans the last few times we've played them.

There is a few of us think same.

• Like 1

Your always welcome at town guys,  always enjoy our trips to Barrow, hopefully a few of your fans make the trip up the coast , looking forward to the game , you seem to have recruited some good players, it will be a great test for our young town team .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 02/12/2023 at 13:57, Wandering pete said:

..the gates...might as well lock them after the Crusaders friendly..no home tie in the 1895 Cup... no home league match until 7 th April..if the Challenge Cup doesn't produce a home tie there's potentially a 12 week gap between home  games...including the Easter weekend...

Thats plain stupid scheduling 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Left Winger said:

There is a few of us think same.

Serves them right for not only their fans obnoxious behaviour but players mams starting trouble but more the club officials not taking it seriously & thats an understatement, Hit them where it hurts financially, Pity we cant stream this game so our fans can tune in & the club get money.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mickmike wilson said:

Serves them right for not only their fans obnoxious behaviour but players mams starting trouble but more the club officials not taking it seriously & thats an understatement, Hit them where it hurts financially, Pity we cant stream this game so our fans can tune in & the club get money.

Why would Haven allow you to stream it anyway? Not just Haven either, why would any home team allow the away team to stream it to make their own club money rather than the home club? 

Edited by Neutralfan7