Boxing Day TV

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

28 minutes ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Actually down in in Yorkshire over Christmas, but the chances of giving greedy Whinos xxxxx £20 for a half hearted friendly is pretty slim. Will settle for the TV me thinks.

By the the way Matty Ashurst Testimonial against Wigan in January is a fiver let's weigh it up 🤔

Lots of folk think it's well worth £20, apparently.

I'm not one of them.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 hours ago, The Mighty Trin said:

Actually down in in Yorkshire over Christmas, but the chances of giving greedy Whinos xxxxx £20 for a half hearted friendly is pretty slim. Will settle for the TV me thinks.

By the the way Matty Ashurst Testimonial against Wigan in January is a fiver let's weigh it up 🤔

God forbid a club looks to generate revenue 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

As always, there will be an excellent turn out of Leeds and Wakefield fans at Headingley on Boxing Day. 

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

On 20/12/2023 at 18:50, The Mighty Trin said:

That’s just embarrassing, no league game should be a £5, that barely covers a cup of coffee or a pint these days.

Is £20 really a lot to go to go watch a game in  an excellent stadium! 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

That’s just embarrassing, no league game should be a £5, that barely covers a cup of coffee or a pint these days.

Is £20 really a lot to go to go watch a game in  an excellent stadium! 

It’s a friendly and the new owner will likely be encouraging some new supporters to attend. Not a bad thing at all if there’s a few thousand there. Wigan should also travel quite well at that price. 

10 hours ago, Trojan Horse said:

It’s a friendly and the new owner will likely be encouraging some new supporters to attend. Not a bad thing at all if there’s a few thousand there. Wigan should also travel quite well at that price. 

It’s a testimonial though, 5000 people is only 25k for a players career. Would Wigan really travel in less numbers if it was £10 a game. Would 75% less fans travel if it was £20 a game?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

It’s a testimonial though, 5000 people is only 25k for a players career. Would Wigan really travel in less numbers if it was £10 a game. Would 75% less fans travel if it was £20 a game?

I have no idea but I can ask you the same thing? It’s all guesswork and speculative. 

the fact is that is the price and it’s a hugely accommodating one for fans of both clubs. 

I suspect at this stage Ellis is more interested in generating additional support and interest for the season ahead than a quick and minor (in the grand scheme) pay day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Here's to a competitive performance and no injuries. Nice day for those that are going. 

Absolutely lovely morning. Plenty here to enjoy it too.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

3 hours ago, northamptoncougar said:

You do understand that it’s the player of the testimonial that normally receives the gate monies for the game hence my comment of it being too cheap?

And? Are you bent out of shape for Ashurst. And why? 

Not sure what your getting at. Ashurst will still receive some good recognition on a few levels in front of plenty of spectators. 

Trinity absolutely dominating proceedings even with 5 or so players out. Look incredibly fit and well structured too. Even bombed a try or two.

A few young lads on now for second half so be good to see how they go for squad depth. 

Thornley looks like an excellent centre who’s honed his craft well. Lawford some good kicking close to the line. 

Not getting carried away but good signs.

12 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

And? Are you bent out of shape for Ashurst. And why? 

Not sure what your getting at. Ashurst will still receive some good recognition on a few levels in front of plenty of spectators. 

I’m bent out of shape because I think any player receiving 25k - 30k for a careers worth of recognition is a pittance, playing in front of a load of cheap stakes (i.e. you) isn’t exactly the best and a reason for a lot of the sports issues.

I’m sure he’d rather play in front of 2000 people paying £20 than 6000 people paying £5 (I’ll give you the time to take your socks off to work that one out.)

28 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

I’m bent out of shape because I think any player receiving 25k - 30k for a careers worth of recognition is a pittance, playing in front of a load of cheap stakes (i.e. you) isn’t exactly the best and a reason for a lot of the sports issues.

I’m sure he’d rather play in front of 2000 people paying £20 than 6000 people paying £5 (I’ll give you the time to take your socks off to work that one out.)

Who do you think you are calling me a cheap skate. Give your head a shake. 

It’s a decision made by the club and likely with agreement of the player. If you have an issue I have a suggestion for you below. 

Email the club and start a strike on behalf of Marty Ashurst. Perhaps display your dismay directly to Mr Ashurst who I’m sure will respond to you with as much attention I will give you after this post. 

Ansolutely rock all. Enjoy your festive period. 

Pretty good run out that. With a team close to what trinity will run out with that first 40 it looked well drilled and structured.

Soon as Jowitt, Walmsley, Cozza and a few shuffles and interchanges came it was one way traffic as expected. 

Not a bad run out at all to be fair. 

should imagine Trinity happy with first half and Leeds more with second. 

Well Wakefield wrapping plenty of late Christmas presents up for the Rhinos in that end 40 minutes.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC