Shaun Wane believes Samoan tests will happen this year

if not then what is sean wane gonna do for the next 10 months to keep him busy? have got a drive that needs jet washing and a fence that needs repair - does he have a 2nd? 3rd ? job 

• Haha 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

4 hours ago, Hopie said:

He thought we'd sell out the grounds for Tonga

I shouldn’t think he did tbf, he just had to say that instead of ‘no doubt we’ll be playing in front of 8,000 at Huddersfield’. 

1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

Some strange quotes in that.

I definitely wouldn’t of said Tonga were stronger than England on paper.

Even more bemusing is the quote that PNG have more depth than England. 

I think we do have to be careful that we don’t talk ourselves down too much because it takes away from us being an attractive proposition to play against. Let’s have it right, we’re better than everyone bar Australia and possibly NZ. I say possibly with NZ because we somehow seem to now be spoken of as though we’ve fallen way below them but we’ve not played them for a while now and when we have in the last decade, we’ve got a good record against them.

We’ve been a Samoan semi final blow up away from being pretty perfect in the last couple of years. We have a backline with the sort of athletic ability I’ve not seen in an England side for a very long time and a really promising set of young forwards. We can’t improve our reputation if we don’t have games and I get Wane goes big on building a backs against the wall mentality but sometimes you need to talk yourself up because the other nations and the media down under won’t be doing it for us. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Some strange quotes in that.

I definitely wouldn’t of said Tonga were stronger than England on paper.

Even more bemusing is the quote that PNG have more depth than England. 

Just a load of bs. As an Australian I find it very strange why so many English Journalists, coaches, Commentators etc are constantly belittling the Super league and over hyping the NRL. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Just a load of bs. As an Australian I find it very strange why so many English Journalists, coaches, Commentators etc are constantly belittling the Super league and over hyping the NRL. 

Most would have you believe that the SL/NRL comparison is akin to Premier League/League 2, when in reality it's probably closer to Top Half of the Premier League/Bottom Half of the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sam4731 said:

Most would have you believe that the SL/NRL comparison is akin to Premier League/League 2, when in reality it's probably closer to Top Half of the Premier League/Bottom Half of the Premier League.

Exactly, Both NRL and SL are quality first grade competitions and both have some of the best players and teams in the world. The NRL has a lot more depth and talent across the whole league, but the SL still has some world class players and teams.

Most Aussie commentators, Journalists and Coaches rate the SL better than English ones, it’s absurd. I’m not sure why there’s so much negativity around rugby league in England.

• Like 1

on the wigan "promo" video it looked like one of the players had brought his dad along for the day to give him "summat to do"

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile