BARROW 1945 CUP

Jack Stephenson and Walton where my stand outs for town today, hearing Jake's injury could be a bad one , didn't come back on for second half and was taken to hospital am told , hope he's ok, lots to improve on but happy where we are so far. UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tec said:

Really what noise ? Heard a fair bit of how great Havens imports will be but not much fron Barrow.

Our fans spent most of the off season moaning about the recruitment saying we were destined to go down. We have ended up with a pretty handy squad and I think are going under the radar. 

We dominated through the middle which was enough to win the game due to the conditions. Fairly difficult to play expansive rugby in the wind. 

There's definitely points in Town with Sammut and your right edge (threatened all game then bagged a couple of tries). In terms of your season I can't see Oldham not winning the league, but after that its fairly open. You need a couple of big forwards in my opinion, you won't come against many better packs this season but physicality wise you could see the difference. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RSN said:

Our fans spent most of the off season moaning about the recruitment saying we were destined to go down. We have ended up with a pretty handy squad and I think are going under the radar. 

We dominated through the middle which was enough to win the game due to the conditions. Fairly difficult to play expansive rugby in the wind. 

There's definitely points in Town with Sammut and your right edge (threatened all game then bagged a couple of tries). In terms of your season I can't see Oldham not winning the league, but after that its fairly open. You need a couple of big forwards in my opinion, you won't come against many better packs this season but physicality wise you could see the difference. 

We would've had the biggest forward on the field if Grant Reid had been playing. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Which Jake was that, poor lad?

We don't get much luck as usual

Lightowler, the lad has had no luck at all with injuries.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Having lost Kirkup, who i thought impressed last year, as well as Lightowler now, did Reid or Charlton get a run out against Widnes ? Thought Steele not only lost weight but some impact as well? Concerned a bit about our middle now/still.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DocH said:

Having lost Kirkup, who i thought impressed last year, as well as Lightowler now, did Reid or Charlton get a run out against Widnes ? Thought Steele not only lost weight but some impact as well? Concerned a bit about our middle now/still.

Yeah both did . Time will tell if that weight loss is a good thing , with his footwork he could be a revelation but it does make us even lighter in the pack. If Caine does return he'd take some stopping down the middle. Connor Terril is back at Barrow how about another loan deal? 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Yeah both did . Time will tell if that weight loss is a good thing , with his footwork he could be a revelation but it does make us even lighter in the pack. If Caine does return he'd take some stopping down the middle. Connor Terril is back at Barrow how about another loan deal? 

Caine 100% won't be back this season, not sure where this runour keeps coming from but sounds like his mind is made up. Hopefully get him back in 2025 if he decides to have another go

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Caine 100% won't be back this season, not sure where this runour keeps coming from but sounds like his mind is made up. Hopefully get him back in 2025 if he decides to have another go

Heard he was helping seaton out as they have lost there head coach.