All time SL table

9 minutes ago, M j M said:

It's a fair question... that era was built around Sinfield, Burrow, McGuire and JJB who all played from 2003 to at least 2015, the latter three to 2017. Then there were people who were almost constants e.g. Carl Ablett (2004-2017), Peacock (2006-2015), Ryan Bailey (2003-2014), Kylie Leuluai (2007-2015) and Ryan Hall (2007-2017). So I'm happy to define it as one team for the purposes of this 🙂

Indeed, there was remarkable continuity in the core side during that period.  I am torn on whether it was an era or a team but either way a very successful period for the clud.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• 2 weeks later...

For team who have notched up more than 100 competition points in SL, the seasonal average top 10 are as follows:

1. St Helens - 38.82
  2. Wigan - 36.79
  3. Leeds - 32.93
  4. Bradford - 32.47
  5. Warrington - 28.71
  6. Hull FC - 26.92
  7. Catalans - 26.83
  8. Castleford - 24.92
  9. Huddersfield - 23.88
  10. Hull KR - 22.25

I know I should get out more...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

What am I missing here? Has he just blatently ripped off someone elses work? I do admire the starting line saying how difficult it were to put together though. That will throw the kids of the scent.

Well, given that he has Bradford in 7th followed by a comment about how they still managed to sit inside the top 6, I'm speculating that arithmetic is not his strong point 🙂 ? Nice article though.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

What am I missing here? Has he just blatently ripped off someone elses work? I do admire the starting line saying how difficult it were to put together though. That will throw the kids of the scent.

You must be new here🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

For anyone interested by the way, maybe even journalists claiming this has 'finally been achieved', the all time SL table has been on the RL project website for years and is likely where Hull live got the info from.

Link here: https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/competitions/super-league/tables.html

Interesting table, seems to include Middle 8 games for some teams but not others. Then there are those teams that merged and/or disappeared where decisions have to be made about how to allocate results.