Challenge Cup

sheddingswasus

2 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Is the mighty Danny Langtree still with you. I met a Barrow fan in Leeds last year who said he was your best player. Brilliant player week in week out for us.

Cursed with injuries during his time at Barrow, unfortunately. Missed huge chunks of 2022 and 2023 but a very decent player when fit. Was meant to be on a two year deal up to the end of this season but got released due to 'work commitments' and then signs for Widnes (closer to home, I suppose!).

Apparently recovering from a shoulder operation at the moment - maybe the years are catching up with him?

6 hours ago, Dave W said:

Cursed with injuries during his time at Barrow, unfortunately. Missed huge chunks of 2022 and 2023 but a very decent player when fit. Was meant to be on a two year deal up to the end of this season but got released due to 'work commitments' and then signs for Widnes (closer to home, I suppose!).

Apparently recovering from a shoulder operation at the moment - maybe the years are catching up with him?

Thanks for the info. Much obliged.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, philipw said:

The Barrow game has been selected for coverage by the BBC. It will be streamed on iPlayer a the BBC Sport website. How good is that?

Great for me down in Somerset ! 🙂

• Like 3

On 29/01/2024 at 19:49, Clarkey said:

fax finshed 8th, we finished 11th 👍

I fully expected us to beat Halifax and then Barrow and Swinton in the cup, with our squad and budget we should be beating any side who finished outside the play offs in the championship last year. 

some fans have a very low bar, with the money we are spending we must win these games to make it worthwhile. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That’s what keighley thought the championship is not easy 

3 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

I fully expected us to beat Halifax and then Barrow and Swinton in the cup, with our squad and budget we should be beating any side who finished outside the play offs in the championship last year. 

some fans have a very low bar, with the money we are spending we must win these games to make it worthwhile.sy 

1 hour ago, Butch said:

That’s what keighley thought the championship is not easy 

Not a direct comparison really. We were doing just fine and would likely have been mid table come end of the season. Then the mid season implosion came, with coaches and players leaving and loads of loans coming in. 

2 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Not a direct comparison really. We were doing just fine and would likely have been mid table come end of the season. Then the mid season implosion came, with coaches and players leaving and loads of loans coming in. 

Correct if they would have kept the team they had the start of the season they would have been fine. 

Toronto and Toulouse who spent big in league one would not of been worried about Halifax barrow and Swinton