London Friendly

8 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

How is the free entry for school kids (under 16s) working out? Do they have to be accompanied by a paying adult?

Looks like its going great. Plenty of kids wearing replica shirts. Yes they have to be with an adult.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, herbie said:

Looks like its going great. Plenty of kids wearing replica shirts. Yes they have to be with an adult.

Thanks. 

I started going to Watersheddings when I was 12 or 13, unattended. There was a child admission charge back then, but the turnstile operator used to ask me to climb over and pocketed the money himself. That was normal behaviour back in the day.

What happens to school kids whose parents or adult friends aren't interested in going, do they have to pay a full price or perhaps then they should just latch onto any adult heading in and therefore get in for free, before separating inside the stadium? 

Is Boundary Park an all-seater ground now? I haven't been there since 1977.

Brilliant performance from the lads. As Sean Long said on youtube " it has shown me" and everyone who was there," we have strength in depth".

It would be hard to single anybody out because everyone one of them were MOM.

Sadly, the win was taken away from us by the referee. He was fixated on watching Oldham playing the ball and was oblivious to their offsides and everything else. I think he hit us for about 8 penalties surrounding the play the ball. Overall if you added other misdemeanours the penalty count in their favour must have been the teens.

Nevertheless, we have a team to be proud of and when the Hairnets come they will have to open up another stand.

Edited by jroyales
spelling mistake.
  • Like 5

‘’Great win Oldham…… I guess that Hornets will now have to prepare extra for the Fax rebound next week!”

Another good performance from you lot against London - well done!   Certainly there was a Fax rebound at Hornets and hope we learn from it.

3 of our derby clashes to come between now and end of March - perhaps we shall infuse whatever you are on!

• Like 3

Not good in any game never mind a friendly.

• Sad 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

17 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Not good in any game never mind a friendly.

Ouch...that's bad news. Hope he recovers very, very soon and that the medical care he received in Oldham was top-notch. All the best, for your recovery mate. Hope we play you again in Super League in a couple of years.

• Like 4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Following on from Sunday, I thought the second row for London looked familiar. After looking at the teams in league express. Sadiq Adebiyi did play us a few years ago.

So London had two ex players in their squad. 

Finally I was saddened to read about the horrendous injury that was suffered 

Stats-

Astley-2 tackles.  one tackle break. one clean break. 4 carries=53m

C Tyrer-5 tackles. one offload. 4 tackle breaks. 14 carries=77m

O'Keefe-17 tackles. 2 tackle breaks. 9 carries=39m

Morgan-17 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 12 carries=38m

Rawsthorne-4 tackles. one miss. 5 tackle breaks. one clean break. 12 carries=78m

Paga-23 tackles. 11 tackle breaks. one clean break. one try assist.  13 carries=51m

Ellis-4 tackles. one try assist. 3 carries=15m

Farnworth-35 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle breaks. 11 carries=58m

Aldridge-35 tackles. 2 misses. one try assist. 7 carries=47m

Chapelhow-42 tackles. one miss. 13 carries=81m.

Taylor-18 tackles. 3 carries-12m

Lawton-18 tackles. 4 carries=19m

Moran-41 tackles. one miss. one tackle break. 13 carries=74m

subs

Jack Johnson-3 tackles. one miss. one tackle break. 3 carries=32m

Whittel-22 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 3 tackle breaks. 9 carries=52m

Hirst-17 tackles. 5 carries=16m

Josh Johnson-25 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 13 carries=81m

K Tyrer-11 tackles. 2 misses. 3 carries=10m

PTB errors- Oldham 7. London 0

Pen conceded- 5-5

six again conceded-4 -2