London Friendly

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

First game since the widnes friendly last year.

Walked away pleasantly impressed, especially considering it wasn't a full strength side. Good to see Lee Kershaw.

I think that the performance stands us in good stead for 2024.

• Like 2

Superb defensive performance and we were unlucky not to win. Moran and Chapelhow were superb in the middle. The wind was awful so playing any sort of rugby was very difficult.  Paga was very dangerous at 6 with is running game. Whittel had a very good game off the bench. Tyrer  made a good case to be picked on the wing next week until a dangerous tackle that might rule him out suspended. Rawsthorne had a dodgy start but grew into the game and had some cracking runs.

Hate to talk about the ref but he was horrendous. Constantly looking to get involved in the game and the ptb errors were a joke by the end. Thought Parata, Kershaw and Leyland looked very good for London but hard to see them competing at Super League standard as we really could and should have beat them.

Considering we didn't play Turner, Kopzcak, Wardle, Craven, Wildie or Mo of our best team and took off Astley, Ellis, Lawton and Taylor at half time not to return it was a hell of an effort. Should be a cracking game next week against a tough Barrow team.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Hate to talk about the ref but he was horrendous. Constantly looking to get involved in the game and the ptb errors were a joke by the end

The ref last week showed how to control a game and let it flow. You never noticed him and the penalty count was 1-3. This guy was all about “look at me”. Problem was he missed so much he should pulled. Calling refs is not good as we need them, but we need them to apply the laws sensibly and fairly to both teams. 

40 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Considering we didn't play Turner, Kopzcak, Wardle, Craven, Wildie or Mo of our best team and took off Astley, Ellis, Lawton and Taylor at half time not to return it was a hell of an effort. Should be a cracking game next week against a tough Barrow team.

I think this shows what strength in depth we have. London played their full team as far as I could see so this was a great performance. 

A great 80 minutes from Pat Moran!

Edited by sheddingswasus
  • Like 3

A really commited team performance.

Josh Johnson really lifted the pack when he came on . Cian Tyrer and Okeefe great. Aldridge apart from his play the balls looked good.

Moran excellent.

Paga is all effort but he gets caught in posession way too much and his kicking game needs to improve. Long is a good person to have guide him.

Impressive attendance , we would have got 300 at whitebank .

• Like 3

Just now, shaw llewellyn said:

I know the ref is an easy target but to be fair he was only applying the rules and it is about time the play the ball was tidied up. 

London did play the ball every time from what I saw and we didn't.

Last week's ref also did us at least once. The captain should speak to ref, clarify and communicate to his team.

Great performance from the squad today. Rested a fair few but the lads performed really well. Great crowd. Great atmosphere. I see the hairnets got a seeing to by Fax. Notice Wilkinson could only make the bench as well. Roll on two weeks but first the small matter of Championship Barrow in the Cup. Bring it on.

• Like 1