Fri 16th Feb: SL: Leigh Leopards v Huddersfield Giants KO 8pm (Sky/SL+)

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/02/24 at 20:30

Interesting game for all the wrong reasons.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I think Smith is losing control of this error-strewn game. Some really strange decisions, such as Amone being pulled down from behind when he's getting up to play the ball and Swift being pushed backwards as he's playing the ball.

The glossing over of replays makes it rather a frustrating and befuddling game to watch.

2 minutes ago, LeeF said:

What does he do? He’s tried speaking to them. He’s tried penalising. Basically he needs to become card happy as they aren’t interested in playing and seem more focused on messing around. 

Again, I'm not blaming him. But if he had put Hill and Amone in the bin he might have put a stamp on things.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

Again, I'm not blaming him. But if he had put Hill and Amone in the bin he might have put a stamp on things.

Maybe and he has shown a lot of tolerance that hasn’t worked out

3 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Huddersfield clearly getting under the skin of Leigh… 

So much so you could almost say Zak has had a skinful.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I think Smith is losing control of this error-strewn game. Some really strange decisions, such as Amone being pulled down from behind when he's getting up to play the ball and Swift being pushed backwards as he's playing the ball.

The glossing over of replays makes it rather a frustrating and befuddling game to watch.

Not at all. The players are making it an impossible job tonight. The Amone penalty was 100% correct. He was never stable and all players have been warned how they need to play the ball this season. 

I didn’t see the Swift incident/ penalty but again there is a significant onus on the ball carrier to be in control and not try to milk a penalty. Even if it was an incorrect decision Smith’s error rate is significantly lower than any of the 34 players on show. 

1 minute ago, Snowys Backside said:

What a rubbish half of rugby league. Didn’t see Ipape going off and it doesn’t look good but Hudds haven’t half showed us how to be a grubby team. 

Really poor game so far. 

To be fair, Leigh have responded in kind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

Not at all. The players are making it an impossible job tonight. The Amone penalty was 100% correct. He was never stable and all players have been warned how they need to play the ball this season. 

If he hadn't tried to play the ball illegally he would probably have got the penalty he was trying to get.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

7 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Pretty poor game pretty poor commentator . Refs doing his best its the players at fault

Fraser Dainton is not a RL commentator in my opinion. He uses some really awkward stock phrases that betray a surface familiarity with the game.

''Kicks the ball out wide'' when Hudds grubber in under the posts.

Just now, LeeF said:

Is this how to beat Leigh? Get them drawn into “niggle” as they don’t know when to stop?

I have no idea.

Hardly surprising when my team don't seem to know how to beat anyone.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

To be fair, Leigh have responded in kind.

I’m talking about Leigh. That was a grubby sh****y 40 minutes !

Lam needs to earn his corn because we are being sledged hook line and sinker. 

Just now, Padge said:

If he hadn't tried to play the ball illegally he would probably have got the penalty he was trying to get.

Probably but the players have been told to have a controlled play the ball and not look to milk the penalty. The poor habits are so baked in that it’s going to take a few weeks and some coaching for them to disappear. 

4 minutes ago, LeeF said:

I didn’t see the Swift incident/ penalty but again there is a significant onus on the ball carrier to be in control and not try to milk a penalty. Even if it was an incorrect decision Smith’s error rate is significantly lower than any of the 34 players on show. 

He was pulled down from behind having regained his feet. It was an interference from Milner. Clear infringement.

Just now, StandOffHalf said:

He was pulled down from behind having regained his feet. It was an interference from Milner. Clear infringement.

No. He tried to play the ball before regaining his feet and being stable. Clear penalty against ball carrier. The players, coaches & clubs were clearly warned & advised before the season started. 

7 minutes ago, LeeF said:

If he hadn't rushed the PTB it would have been whistled. The first infringement is the pull down from Milner.

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

So he should not have tried to play the ball as he couldn't get himself in the right position to do it legally. As I said before, if he hadn't tried to milk the penalty, he would probably have got the penalty.

• Like 1

It's actually refreshing to see Hudds be a bit grubby, I think we've been way too passive since Brough left.

Very scrappy game though, ref is doing his best but the players aren't cooperating 

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

If he hadn't rushed the PTB it would have been whistled. The first infringement is the pull down from Milner.

The first offence was him trying to play the ball when not in control. It’s really that simple. 

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

So he should not have tried to play the ball as he couldn't get himself in the right position to do it legally. As I said before, if he hadn't tried to milk the penalty, he would probably have got the penalty.

I think you punish the first offense. It's an interesting philosophical argument.