Knights v Sheffield Eagles.

Fenton Knight

8 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Myler at fullback and Williams / Hingano partnering Harris is not a bad combination. We really do need to be smarter against the likes of Sheffield, they have always been the same, that is the way Aston coaches them, I really don't like how they play even if it is effective it is certainly not attractive.

Is Hingano injured or just out of favour?

2 hours ago, Puk said:

Is Hingano injured or just out of favour?

Got to admit, I've wondered that. He never gets mentioned in injury updates. He'll be one of our top paid players, we should be getting something for our money. He would have been just what we needed yesterday to prise the Sheffield defence open.

Immensely frustrating day on Sunday, a game dominated by the ref's whistle, and where the Knights IMO looked to have had the beating of Sheffield if they had kept 13 players on the field. Recent games against the Eagles have never been without incident and niggle, and we rose to the bait.

Eagles' game management was poor in the 1st half when we were down to 11 (twice!) and only took the game away from us by putting the ball through the hands in the final quarter. 

Looking at the highlights now up on YouTube, both the binnings for the late hits were soft (looked nothing more than penalties to me) .

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RBKnight said:

Immensely frustrating day on Sunday, a game dominated by the ref's whistle, and where the Knights IMO looked to have had the beating of Sheffield if they had kept 13 players on the field. Recent games against the Eagles have never been without incident and niggle, and we rose to the bait.

Eagles' game management was poor in the 1st half when we were down to 11 (twice!) and only took the game away from us by putting the ball through the hands in the final quarter. 

Looking at the highlights now up on YouTube, both the binnings for the late hits were soft (looked nothing more than penalties to me) .

Like I have said in the past, this is how Sheffield play, generally spoiling tactics, Thackeray in the refs ear all the time, loads of niggles at the play the ball, not an attractive side to watch but no doubt Aston will say it gets results. We should be smarter and not rise to the bait and, as you say, we could have won this game if we had kept a full team out there. A very frustrating afternoon. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RBKnight said:

No matter how you look at it, the hits by Thomson, and Dee were long after the ball had gone, and deserving of a yellow card. I'm sure you would think differently had those hits been by Sheffield players. I would hope there will be no suspensions, but I would not be at all surprised if Jesse in particular, got a ban. 

2 hours ago, Expatknight said:

Like I have said in the past, this is how Sheffield play, generally spoiling tactics, Thackeray in the refs ear all the time, loads of niggles at the play the ball, not an attractive side to watch but no doubt Aston will say it gets results. We should be smarter and not rise to the bait and, as you say, we could have won this game if we had kept a full team out there. A very frustrating afternoon. 

Spot on!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Expatknight said:

If I had to write down an all-time 'rattled' team of opposition players that live in my head rent free, both Anthony Thackeray and Joel Farrell would be in that XIII... 

Dane Chisholm would be captain. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

If I had to write down an all-time 'rattled' team of opposition players that live in my head rent free, both Anthony Thackeray and Joel Farrell would be in that XIII... 

Dane Chisholm would be captain. 

George Flanagan?

• Like 2

On 25/02/2024 at 22:00, andyacko said:

Can only agree with most of what has been said on here,

Dagger could be 6-8, I reckon.

No argument with the two yellows for Tommo and Jesse for late hits but what about the one that Liam took five minutes later. Apply the rules but be consistent.

Not only will fans stop watching under current rules but some of the senior players will wonder whether to continue.

Spoke to Nick Bennett before the Acorn game yesterday and he said the Csp and L1 referees are under less pressure than their SL colleagues as they can simply go 'on report' but young Mr Rush decided to call it as he saw it today.

Our discipline was really poor today but our lads should know that the Eagles have a number of wind up merchants (two in particular who are known for it) and take the ball right to the line which 'invites' the late hit. Paid dividends for them today.

Didn't you do a post match interview with Hendo can't seem to find it on Radio York.

1 hour ago, Puk said:

Didn't you do a post match interview with Hendo can't seem to find it on Radio York.

It’s on BBC Sounds Radio York sport : commentary 

Edited by Expatknight
Typo

16 hours ago, Puk said:

I did. Have a look on BBC Radio York Sport on twitter, sorry X (and that's not me sending you a kiss!😆).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1