Sat 24th-Sun 25th Feb: Betfred Challenge Cup 4th Round Match Thread

He tackled a player in the air, but then followed through and drove the player into the ground, when he could have just let go because play would have been stopped anyway.

Pretty sure it would just have been a penalty if he hadn't aggravated the tackle.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Decent cup tie, this.

Bradford 12:14 Widnes on 62 minutes.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, doc said:

Hopefully this performance will translate into a decent league campaign.

20-12 

I'd rather have 2 league points for the relegation battle, tbh, but this has been a very good second half so far.

• Like 1

Just now, The Blues Ox said:

Good win for Widnes this, Bradford just look a power team that lacks anyone with a bit of quality in key positions who can provide a bit of a spark for them when plan A does not work.

Exactly this. Been quite surprised by Widnes this season, they look a lot better than I thought they would be, they have been very good today and comfortably the better team in the second half.

• Like 1

Penalty try to Wakefield who lose Boothroyd with either a collar bone or shoulder injury after a hit chasing a kick. Hunslet get a 50 metre interception try not long after 

6-6 10 minutes.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Been quite surprised by Widnes this season, they look a lot better than I thought they would be

This has been a massive improvement on previous weeks - we've not looked anywhere near this standard in the last few matches.

• Like 1

Just now, The Mighty Trin said:

FT Bulls 12-26 Widnes

Bradford put up a decent fight for a lot of the game, but it got away from them in the end.

Ralph Waldo Emerson