Fri 8th Mar: SL: Leigh Leopards v Leeds Rhinos KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/03/24 at 20:30

Just now, Fevrover said:

Sorry for being a bit 'thick' but what's he talking about ?

You can only assume that Leigh lost as they didn’t play well for the full 80 minutes. Maybe he wants all matches to be 40 minutes long

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

His team throwing away a 12-0 lead and blaming everything but his team? And some think he's a great asset to the sport. It's embarrassing

Edited by RigbyLuger
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Strange reaction!!

Derek’s had too many beers again. The bloke is an embarrassment.

Maybe we should make Leigh pay for everyone’s travel to France instead of Bernard Gausch. 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, RigbyLuger said:

His team throwing away a 12-0 lead and blaming everything but his team? And some think he's a great asset to the sport. It's embarrassing

Why would anyone show themselves up like that ? He was fine when Leigh beat everyone in the Championship.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Maybe but I don't know for sure, is 3 very chargeable head high tackles by Leeds which were not judged so by the ref, let's see what Tuesday brings, if they decide they warrant a judgement, then the ref has made a or 3 mistakes, if nothing happens then he is correct, but if so what a difference than the first two rounds and don't forget it was this same ref who sent Mickey Mac straight off for something very inconspicuous at Catalan.

Can't believe only one Leeds player was sin binned. If that would have been round 1 or 2, they would have had 4 yellow cards. Leigh were very poor 2nd half, made Leeds look quite good... can't blame the ref's for that. When will we win a game?

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Maybe but I don't know for sure, is 3 very chargeable head high tackles by Leeds which were not judged so by the ref, let's see what Tuesday brings, if they decide they warrant a judgement, then the ref has made a or 3 mistakes, if nothing happens then he is correct, but if so what a difference than the first two rounds and don't forget it was this same ref who sent Mickey Mac straight off for something very inconspicuous at Catalan.

Nah sorry Harry, DB is being ridiculous, id be embarrassed if I was a Leigh supporter.

6 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I know what you're saying but surely  he should keep off Twitter and be more gracious in dealing with it.

4 minutes ago, Zilla Budgie said:

Can't believe only one Leeds player was sin binned. If that would have been round 1 or 2, they would have had 4 yellow cards. Leigh were very poor 2nd half, made Leeds look quite good... can't blame the ref's for that. When will we win a game?

And we made leigh look good first half, we were shocking.

1 minute ago, Fevrover said:

I know what you're saying but surely  he should keep off Twitter and be more gracious in dealing with it.

Totally agree, I am not condoning what he does but if I put as much of my well earned as he does I may flare up time to time, I am good at being diplomatic when required so I will abide by the OP's instruction.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree, I am not condoning what he does but if I put as much of my well earned as he does I may flare up time to time, I am good at being diplomatic when required so I will abide by the OP's instruction.

Him putting money into a club doesn’t give him license to act like a annoying person, it’s not like it’s the first time is it.

• Like 4

I thought both sides look good enough to have a decent season. I also think that this game looked the best of the 3 because the lighting was better (which I thought was the case with the Wigan game last week). It might be our TV. As for the match itself, they were really evenly matched but Leeds showed again how dangerous they are on a roll. Leigh will win plenty though if they can keep their squad fit. 

finally, I disagree with the suggestion that a club’s Twitter/live feed can ever be too biased. Its sole purpose in life is to be the one eyed fan’s comfort blanket. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

finally, I disagree with the suggestion that a club’s Twitter/live feed can ever be too biased. Its sole purpose in life is to be the one eyed fan’s comfort blanket. 

There's bias, and calling out match officials. That's against the "Respect The Ref" campaign, or whatever its called, and they should be punished for it. Fan accounts? Do what you want. Actual clubs? Behave.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I thought both sides look good enough to have a decent season. I also think that this game looked the best of the 3 because the lighting was better (which I thought was the case with the Wigan game last week). It might be our TV. As for the match itself, they were really evenly matched but Leeds showed again how dangerous they are on a roll. Leigh will win plenty though if they can keep their squad fit. 

Bias is one thing, implying the refs are cheating is another

9 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Leigh will win plenty though if they can keep their squad fit. 

That's the optimum thing for Leigh, Ipape and Asiata out for minimum 8 weeks, Lachy Lam not looking good when virtually being carried of tonight hopefully that is not another long term injury 3 very influential players for the success of the Leigh team and also Tom Brisco out for 6 weeks.

I suppose what goes round comes round we were so very fortunate on the injury front last season, keeping most of the team fit barring Ricky Lutele for most of the season.

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Bias is one thing, implying the refs are cheating is another

He said in that Twittery thing that has been posted - don't do it myself - that he will no matter the consequences voice his opinion at the meeting this week, will we get to hear what that is? What do you think.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

He said in that Twittery thing that has been posted - don't do it myself - that he will no matter the consequences voice his opinion at the meeting this week, will we get to hear what that is? What do you think.

It’s more the official club tweets that are dodgy, Derek can spout whatever rubbish he likes, he’s only making himself look a annoying person

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s more the official club tweets that are dodgy, Derek can spout whatever rubbish he likes, he’s only making himself look a annoying person

I only get to hear of those things second hand, I don't hold much credence with this Social Media stuff whether it is by DJ Beaumont or millions of others with in my opinion nothing else seemingly better to do with their time.

• Like 2