The NRL Round 3 Match Thread

14 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Crisis of tipster confidence, having tipped Souffs for tonight Jason Demitriouhas benched Damien Cook who is the beating heart of that mob in the same way that Liam Farrell is for Wigan🤨

Your worries turned out to be well founded as Souths were well beaten by a rampant Roosters side.

The Roosters are eating rabbit pie and I am eating humble pie

This spells the end for Jason Demitriou as Souffs coach jeered by the wabbit faithful as he came on screen.

Only Latrell,s sin binning 15 mins from the end got a bigger jeer from the crowd.

The scoreline does not lie in this game but reflects the Roostets dominance in a performance that, at times, resembled a training run. 

JD has lost the Souths dressing room as evidenced by the entire team wanting to get off the park before the half-time hooter had sounded 

Souths were appalling, dropped balls, missed tackles, easting possession and giving a general air if indifference which has surely been noted. It matters not if ( and its a big if)Souffs an beat the Doggies next week for powerbrokers at the club must surely know the minute they come up against anyone half decent they will be second best under JD I would be surprised if he lasts the week, certainly he is now a lame duck coach.

I cannot explain why I felt it in my water that the wabbits could win this (apart from a URTI) for having tipped Souffs to win against the Roosters. I am going to sleep on a bed with sharp nails on it tonight in penance...😩

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

18v28My.jpeg

Bulldogs v Titans 

Preview:

Canterbury Bulldogs and Gold Coast Titans will both be aiming to get off the mark for the season as they meet each other in this Saturday afternoon clash. The Bulldogs have lost both games and to be fair looked relatively poor in the process.

The Titans lost out in their only game to date. However, they will be able to field a stronger team for this contest and so some reckon Titans should have enough to come out on top. What do you think?

Our forum match tipsters:

Bulldogs to win 10

Titans to win 3

Edited by Graham

0EmRtN6.jpeg

Dragons v Cowboys

Preview

We’ve seen two very different displays from St. George Illawarra Dragons to begin the season with them showing their quality in their first game before looking less convincing in their heavy loss to the Dolphins last week.
They now come up against a North Queensland Cowboys outfit that come into this two from two and while better is expected of the Dragons, can they avoid a second loss in succession?

What our forum tipsters think:

Dragons to win 2

Cowboys to win 11

Edited by Graham

reOmnjd.jpeg

Tiger v Sharks

Preview

It looks likely to be a long season for Wests Tigers. They went down to Canberra Raiders in a one-sided loss last week and this week face a Cronulla Sharks side that have won both matches so far this season.
Sharks got the job done against Canterbury Bulldogs last time out and having won the past four matchups between the two, it is hard to envisage them failing to extend that run, or is it?

Our forum tipsters see it like this:

Tigers to win 1

Sharks to win 12

8 hours ago, Graham said:

Roosters absolutely demolished Souths in that game.

It was Roosters second biggest all time win v Souths.

I was at the biggest win…62-0 easter weekend 1996.

At least the bunnies cheerleaders performed well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Demetriou will get sacked , probably sooner rather than later . He should put Wighton at 6 and Walker at 7 as well . 

I agree about Wighton and Walker, but I am worried that Cody is now either past it, or doesn't care enough.