League One

Very very early days yet, but Keighley appear to be our main rivals for the top spot. Put 58 on Workington. Hunslet pipped Hornets. Cornwall and Newcastle seem understandably to be the whipping boys. There are bound to be upsets - I suspect Midlands will pinch a few scalps and Crusaders will be no mugs. But it may well be that the season hinges on two or three big games. It’s unlikely to be a walk in the park for us. This Sunday is massive for us in making a statement and setting things going in the right direction. I cannot flipping wait!!! 

• Like 3

70-16 win over Newcastle on Sunday. Newcastle might be poor but Hurricanes are no mugs. Neither were they last season. Well done, Chewy!
🏆 | MORE RECORDS BROKEN ON SUNDAY
🎯 | Dave Hewitt's 11 conversions on Sunday saw him break the record for most goals scored by a Hurricanes player in one game!
May be an image of 2 people and text
  • Like 1

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Posted (edited)

Us and Keighley have practically the exact same average points scored per game; our points conceded is much better. I guess this won't mean much at the moment, depends who the opponents  ere etc but it's a good start from us. The three matches against Keighley are surely going to be crucial. Whoever wins 2 of those (or let alone 3) will more than likely be champions, barring something dreadful happening. Crusaders and Hunslet (with possibly Hurricanes) may well nick points off us both. Got to be on the ball throughout. Don't remember being this excited about a season for a long, long time (usually my blind and desperate optimism has collapsed by game 2!).

Keighley have a bye this weekend. If we beat Hunslet by 29 clear points we should be top.

Edited by shrewsbury roughyed
  • Like 2

LEAGUE ONE LEADING SCORERS
(League games only)

Tries
1 = Ellis Robson (Keighley Cougars) 6
Cian Tyrer (Oldham) 6
3 = Tom Wilkinson (Midlands Hurricanes) 5
Carl Forster (North Wales Crusaders) 5
5 = Jude Ferreira (Hunslet) 4
Alfie Goddard (Hunslet) 4
Brandon Pickersgill (Keighley Cougars) 4
Joe Hartley (Rochdale Hornets) 4
Brad Taylor (Workington Town) 4

Goals
1 Jack Miller (Keighley Cougars) 22
2 Jamie Ellis (Oldham) 19
3 Dave Hewitt (Midlands Hurricanes) 13
4 Matty Beharrell (Hunslet) 12
5 Ciaran Walker (Workington Town) 11

2 Jamie Ellis (Oldham) 42
3 Cian Tyrer (Oldham) 28
4 Dave Hewitt (Midlands Hurricanes) 26
5 = Matty Beharrell (Hunslet) 24
Ellis Robson (Keighley Cougars) 24

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

8 minutes ago, philipw said:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, shaw llewellyn said:

Did Cian not score when he played for Workington? If so that makes 7.

Table lists him with 6 tries but 28 points. He doesnt kick goals so the difference maybe a try for Workington.

2 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

oops, me bad. There goes my theory😊

Thanks for correction.

2 hours ago, ChampagneCharlieReturns said:

He did kick a couple of conversions at hunslet 

He got a try for Workington in their win at Newcastle….that squares the circle.

• Like 1