Whitehaven away

RogerT

So onto Whitehaven Batley go at the weekend, now I never know whether there nickname is Jam Eaters or Marra's.

I understand the old Woodman away bus isn't going so it looks like the support for the lads will be a bit lacking. I particularly don't want to listen to the very biased radio commentary. 

53 minutes ago, RogerT said:

So onto Whitehaven Batley go at the weekend, now I never know whether there nickname is Jam Eaters or Marra's.

I understand the old Woodman away bus isn't going so it looks like the support for the lads will be a bit lacking. I particularly don't want to listen to the very biased radio commentary. 

Aren’t they running buses from the Victoria pub Carlinghow now?

52 minutes ago, RogerT said:

I particularly don't want to listen to the very biased radio commentary. 

Jordan Weir and David Seeds, the guys who cover Haven for BBC Cumbria, are two of the best local commentators out there.

Call it as they see it, knowledgable and not afraid to give praise to the non-Cumbrian team.

• Thanks 1

Usually in Sunderland, sometimes in Sheffield. 

Write for a few rugby league websites, mainly about the Kingstone Press Championship. 

Twitter - @DFSports97

14 minutes ago, RedAndGoldArmy said:

Jordan Weir and David Seeds, the guys who cover Haven for BBC Cumbria, are two of the best local commentators out there.

Call it as they see it, knowledgable and not afraid to give praise to the non-Cumbrian team.

Glad to see you think so, I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to seem biased 🤣 I suppose if you don't want to listen to the radio you'll have no choice but to attend the game 👍

Hope to see a few of you guys at the game on Sunday, remember to come inside the ground for a pre-game beverage rather than the club on the way to the ground

26 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Glad to see you think so, I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to seem biased 🤣 

I thought he was quite the opposite of biased after listening to the commentary of Haven vs Eagles at the weekend! 😅

6CB0914F-69FB-4497-8FB6-81E439664454.jpeg

• Haha 1

Usually in Sunderland, sometimes in Sheffield. 

Write for a few rugby league websites, mainly about the Kingstone Press Championship. 

Twitter - @DFSports97

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Aren’t they running buses from the Victoria pub Carlinghow now?

Yes but enough not booked on it to make it cost effective.

• Thanks 1

No bus this week, not enough. OK for me cos from N Yorks it's straight along the A66. Room for 4 if anyone can get to Thirsk area by 10!

21 hours ago, RedAndGoldArmy said:

It can’t be the same Jordan Weir I listen to, he’s worse than John Cox, the most biased commentator in RL history. 😱🙄

Trip made a little easier; Dalton Desmond Walker has been sacked by 'Haven for -a breach of operating rules'.

43 minutes ago, phildog said:

Trip made a little easier; Dalton Desmond Walker has been sacked by 'Haven for -a breach of operating rules'.

TBF, I'm not sure how easier it will be for you, the few games he did play he was a bit of a liability in defence for penalties, didn't carry the ball well and didn't last long minutes. We've brought in the current reserves player of the year from St Helens who is a young lad but I'd imagine he will offer us a lot more than DDW.

• Like 1

On 10/04/2024 at 13:58, RedAndGoldArmy said:

Didn’t David Seeds play for ‘Haven?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

It's going to be another heavy slog according to the weather it's to rain up there tomorrow and Sunday.

1 hour ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

...as Eric Idle almost said.

Al Bowlly was the original you will recall.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.