Whitehaven away

RogerT

22 minutes ago, RogerT said:

All I can find is they are covering Barrow v Dewsbury.

The BBC seem to have got quite bad at giving advanced notice of what they're broadcasting this year.

I'd leave it until 15 minutes before kick-off to check on the RL page of their website. If it isn't showing then, keep checking up to (and beyond) kick-off - the match commentaries usually appear eventually.

11 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Just remember it’s supposed to be for the home team if anything if it was on radio Leeds they’d be all Batley 

That's my point -they weren't biased at all. Very fair commentary and complimentary to Batley. A pleasure to listen to them

• Like 2

BBC Cumbria team was right beside us in the stand. Pre-game Mokko was worrying about 'Haven's big pack and there Aussie players....their pack did nothing, our 4 lads battered 'em. Only Singleton made a solitary break, the rest golded like a concertina, it was a proper Batley pack performance.

• Like 3

And I heard the tinkle of the Vic bell, so some of them made it up there.

Good result and performance yesterday. Always going to be tough up there, but Whitehaven didn't really trouble us. We were dominant in all areas. Good to see Woods back, even if he is not 100% fit. But the win was not just down to him although he had an effect. We have not been far off so far in games, as we have dominated field position and made more meters than the opposition. Its just been the final pass and inability to get that ball down when over the try line. Our best plays are when the halves link up to put the full back into the line creating space for centres/wingers. Which happened yesterday with Butterwoth's timing of his runs and final passes spot on. Interesting to note that Ward did not get on - hopefully he still gets winning pay?

3 hours ago, BullyXL said:

Good result and performance yesterday. Always going to be tough up there, but Whitehaven didn't really trouble us. We were dominant in all areas. Good to see Woods back, even if he is not 100% fit. But the win was not just down to him although he had an effect. We have not been far off so far in games, as we have dominated field position and made more meters than the opposition. Its just been the final pass and inability to get that ball down when over the try line. Our best plays are when the halves link up to put the full back into the line creating space for centres/wingers. Which happened yesterday with Butterwoth's timing of his runs and final passes spot on. Interesting to note that Ward did not get on - hopefully he still gets winning pay?

We’ve tried the pass the last few week it breaks down without a good half back in there which woods is…

having watched it back this morning woods was the difference with his kicking game turning the Whitehaven defence around and getting us on the front foot also kicked us 13 in front at crucial moment in the game also he allowed butterworth to catch the ball early and create the space for the outside backs shame we didn’t give Buchanan the ball moments before he scored as he’d of scored two 

Leak and Moore behind the pack that rolled them which is good 

tough one Sunday before York 

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

We’ve tried the pass the last few week it breaks down without a good half back in there which woods is…

having watched it back this morning woods was the difference with his kicking game turning the Whitehaven defence around and getting us on the front foot also kicked us 13 in front at crucial moment in the game also he allowed butterworth to catch the ball early and create the space for the outside backs shame we didn’t give Buchanan the ball moments before he scored as he’d of scored two 

Leak and Moore behind the pack that rolled them which is good 

tough one Sunday before York 

Where can i watch the game ?

Just sorry I couldn't be there the wife as been poorly since we got back from the cruise.

A good win for the lads.

AS I understand it Batley played into the wind first half hence that kick from out by the touch line ended up near the 10 yard line after a big curve.

10 hours ago, distantdog said:

Butterworth with 3 assists there. He looked impressive there.

Our perennial issue with the goal kicking persists.

It was a good watch!

I don't see an issue with goal kicking as long as we have the right man doing it. Morton can kick a goal, as proven many times. White can kick a goal, as he did with the touchline conversion on Sunday. Butterworth missed with one that was relatively easy, maybe his kicking confidence was shot by then? Woods, when fit with his leg injury will then migrate back into the kickers duty.