Sat 13th Apr: CCQF: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 17:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/24 at 16:30

7 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Am I missing something, or have you won something in the past 2 seasons? If not, you do lose games ! 

Good luck in the Semis ! 

I was responding to a very specific point about two players defence capability, not Rovers ability to win games or trophies. But then you knew that. 

11 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

At least we're having a poor season on the back of actually winning something, rather than choking in a final. Glass houses and all that eh?

Cry a bit more, it adds to the enjoyment 🤣

• Confused 2

13 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Happy with the performance considering the injuries, was expecting a battering to be honest. Good luck in the semis KR fans!

19 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Cry a bit more, it adds to the enjoyment 🤣

Odd comment, but who doesn't love a sore winner eh?

33 minutes ago, ColD said:

Holmes wouldn’t  be in the starting 17 if everyone was fit (rightly or wrongly), Halton, hughes,o donnell, trout all above him in the pecking order with Lam

But he would’ve been in the 17 yesterday, ahead of Chamberlain. 

35 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Bit cheeky constructing this post to make it look like a reply to your gracious 'good luck in the final' when it was actually a reply to the 'choking in a final' comment.

Edited by Dunbar
  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Bit cheeky contracting this post to make it look like a reply to your gracious 'good luck in the final' when it was actually a reply to the 'choking in a final' comment.

You mean the comment made to a Huddersfield fan, about Huddersfield, following a pretty snide dig about being 1 season wonder's? Well yes, I though it more relevant to include the post I'd made about Hull KR when talking to the Hull KR fan.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

You went there, I merely matched the tone, although your selective editing misrepresents what I responded to. Bit weak that mate. 

We didn’t choke in the final. You played a team with a genuine injury crisis, with Lewis at full back, Rowan Milnes at 6 and a NSW Cup scrum half who’d only got off the plane a few weeks earlier. We still stood up like men, didn’t moan about it or make excuses, and almost won regardless. Contrast that with the almost world-class spine you lot still put out yesterday, with all the expectation-managing “woe is me” nonsense about a decimated side before the match, and the “brave defeat” stuff afterwards. Its comical. 

Hopefully that’s a more considered, factual response and doesn’t seem like an odd comment. 

13 hours ago, Worzel said:

Why do I get the feeling you'd be licking your lips at the prospect?

Mikey takes it every week pal, he's targeted week-in, week-out. He gets up with a smile on his face, and goes again. Sometimes laughing at his opponent. He's a character, and box office, and we love it. He's also humble as anything off the pitch, and nothing like the "players of that ilk" of your somewhat bitter imagination.

It cracks me up how the same fans who decry our game not having any famous personalities, stars or characters who can cut through to general sports audiences anymore always seem to hate the ones that do - if they play for another team! Especially if they play well against your team it seems. Our sport needs more Mikey Lewis types, not less.  

I said Mikey is a very very good player and undoubtedly box office, and I would love to have him in my team, the comment I made is one of expierience of over 60 years involvement in this game I have seen many players who perform on the edge hence saying "players of his ilk" he already has a target on his back being such an influence for his team, he doesn't need to make that target any bigger for himself by some of the grubby and niggling tactics he employs, perhaps it is part of his make up and will not change. No I am not licking my lips at the prospect but wouldn't be surprised.

6 minutes ago, Worzel said:

You went there, I merely matched the tone, although your selective editing misrepresents what I responded to. Bit weak that mate. 

We didn’t choke in the final. You played a team with a genuine injury crisis, with Lewis at full back, Rowan Milnes at 6 and a NSW Cup scrum half who’d only got off the plane a few weeks earlier. We still stood up like men, didn’t moan about it or make excuses, and almost won regardless. Contrast that with the almost world-class spine you lot still put out yesterday, with all the expectation-managing “woe is me” nonsense about a decimated side before the match, and the “brave defeat” stuff afterwards. Its comical. 

Hopefully that’s a more considered, factual response and doesn’t seem like an odd comment. 

As above, I never said Hull KR choked in a final. It was a comment addressed directly I  response to a Huddersfield fan trying to stick the boot in, specifically about Huddersfield considering the parallels between Huddersfield in 2022/2023 and Leigh in 2023/2024. 

So it was an odd comment, considering it wasn't addressed to you, or about Hull KR for that matter. 

21 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

You mean the comment made to a Huddersfield fan, about Huddersfield, following a pretty snide dig about being 1 season wonder's? Well yes, I though it more relevant to include the post I'd made about Hull KR when talking to the Hull KR fan.

What I mean is that you made it look like the reply was made to a gracious comment when it was not.

• Confused 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 hours ago, meast said:

Apart from Asiata and Ipape, which other premier players did Leigh have unavailable?

It looked a pretty strong line up, the way the "little old Leigh" fans have been going on about being understrength I was expecting of their academy side to be named 😑

The England prop from last season Robbie Mulhern was missing, who is as influential for the team as Amone at prop and you could see he was by far the best prop on the field even though it was his first game back for a few weeks, se we are at 50% of our best 6 go to players we can put out, but as I say those who have come in will be all the better and may not have had the opportunity to play without those absent, it's looking good when we eventually get a full compliment back.

See you have covered this as I went further through the thread.

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Worzel said:

I was responding to a very specific point about two players defence capability, not Rovers ability to win games or trophies. But then you knew that. 

Whitbread is a bad defensively, I mentioned that at half time don't forget we had him previously having initially brought him over from Australia so I have seen quite a lot of him, perhaps now he has moved on he just saves his bad defence against Leigh, he was also monstered last season playing for Wakey.

44 minutes ago, Worzel said:

The comment about 'choking' wasn't directed at Rovers, look back.

5 minutes ago, bratman said:

The best prop at Hull KR and current Ireland international George King was missing, along with Scotland international Sam Luckley and England centre Oliver Gildart.

😭

I like George King, but Luckley is really like a fill in just like Nakabuwai is for us - happy to be corrected - Gildart please, I was happy to see him leave us last season, had we had Lutelle fit he wouldn't have got nowhere near the team even accounting for how bad Hardacre is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I like George King, but Luckley is really like a fill in just like Nakabuwai is for us - happy to be corrected - Gildart please, I was happy to see him leave us last season, had we had Lutelle fit he wouldn't have got nowhere near the team even accounting for how bad Hardacre is.

All 3 would be in the starting lineup for Hull KR.

• Like 1

For all the territory Leigh had in the first half Rovers defence mainly stood firm but once Rovers got into the game in the second half they were the better team. Even without the players Leigh were missing I thought it was still a strong enough team that they had out.

16 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

For all the territory Leigh had in the first half Rovers defence mainly stood firm but once Rovers got into the game in the second half they were the better team. Even without the players Leigh were missing I thought it was still a strong enough team that they had out.

The main problem with Leigh is the lack of pace, very good with ball in hand and quite obviously well coached in that respect, we make the space but struggle finishing it off, oh for a French and Field Mr Lam brought them to this country to early in my opinion.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Agree on the first half (haven’t watched the second). Leigh really should’ve scored more points, and if Hanley was playing outside Leutele, I suspect they would’ve done.

Was a strong enough team to compete, which they did. But some injuries are felt more than others. E.g. If King and Luckley return next week, but Minchella and Lewis were missing, I imagine their chances of winning would reduce rather than increase 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The main problem with Leigh is the lack of pace, very good with ball in hand and quite obviously well coached in that respect, we make the space but struggle finishing it off, oh for a French and Field Mr Lam brought them to this country to early in my opinion.

Curious that we continue to put the majority of plays down the left, yet our top scorer is the right winger who didn’t play the first two games.

15 hours ago, Worzel said:

The grapes they grow on the slopes of Castle Hill must be especially bitter this spring 🤣

Where's the bitterness?

I was complimenting KR and Lewis for a good second half turnaround, I thought they were both poor in the first half.

🤔

It's getting to the point where everytime a Huddersfield fan posts anything, it's taken as a dig or being bitter, people need to lighten up a bit and stop taking things to heart 👍🏼

Good luck in the semi final unless you get us, I best not comment though 😌