Hunslet away on Sunday

33 minutes ago, pmac said:

At home to Cornwall no disrespect it should be a comfortable win so could rest players carrying knocks, 

They have just had a tonking from Midlands at home today , no disrespect but we should be stacking the points on them and playing our strongest side possible, they won't bring a car full so come on townies bring a friend and help boost the crowd , UTT 🔵 ⚪ 

• Like 2

Agree with all the posters on here regarding Cornwall and we should be racking up the points  . One thing though i think they deserve some applause  for sticking at it and we should appreciate that . If it wasn`t for them and Newcastle we wouldn`t have enough fixtures in the League we are in , hats off to them for keeping going .

• Like 7

10 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Agree with all the posters on here regarding Cornwall and we should be racking up the points  . One thing though i think they deserve some applause  for sticking at it and we should appreciate that . If it wasn`t for them and Newcastle we wouldn`t have enough fixtures in the League we are in , hats off to them for keeping going .

And its not as tho we havnt ever been cellar dwellers is it?

Haven have started the season with a string of home games , much like we had when we went down . In the old days you got a provisional set of fixtures sent out which you could object to , these days i take it this doesn`t happen . Probably due to a lot of Teams not able to play at certain times because they don`t own the ground , and we have to suffer .  This in my opinion should have been one of the things you received points for in the grading system , the fact that your ground was always available and not shared .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Just noticed that haven are at home again this weekend like us , how many times has this happened recently ?  Well done RFL again killing the game in West Cumbria shame on you ☹️

Won’t make much difference to the attendance, only Neutral fan opting for the Wreck. 🤔🙄😄

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Haven have started the season with a string of home games , much like we had when we went down . In the old days you got a provisional set of fixtures sent out which you could object to , these days i take it this doesn`t happen . Probably due to a lot of Teams not able to play at certain times because they don`t own the ground , and we have to suffer .  This in my opinion should have been one of the things you received points for in the grading system , the fact that your ground was always available and not shared .

I have been saying this for a few weeks now, Haven given a load of home games in March and April when crowds are lower due to clashing with big Premier League games and the weather being poor, exactly like what happened to us in our disastrous Championship season when we had 7 of our 11 home games within the first 8 games of the season.

The cynic in me would wonder if it was done in purpose to make the clubs to run out of money and push for a merger!

• Like 2

On 22/04/2024 at 22:27, Hate the rec said:

Just noticed that haven are at home again this weekend like us , how many times has this happened recently ?  Well done RFL again killing the game in West Cumbria shame on you ☹️

It just shouldn’t happen , but it seems to a lot . It’s not West Yorkshire there’s only 2 clubs within 100 miles so it shouldn’t be hard … if you want to 

• Like 1

On 23/04/2024 at 10:52, Unicorn 106 said:

Won’t make much difference to the attendance, only Neutral fan opting for the Wreck. 🤔🙄😄

I have been known to visit Derwent park when I've been unable to attend away games to watch town I'll have you know, done the same at a few barrow games as well. It's a shame the RFL don't seem to look at the logistics of it as I'm sure alternative weeks at home for both town and haven would probably see an increase at home games for both

Edited by Neutralfan7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

I have been known to visit Derwent park when I've been unable to attend away games to watch town I'll have you know, done the same at a few barrow games as well. It's a shame the RFL don't seem to look at the logistics of it as I'm sure alternative weeks at home for both town and haven would probably see an increase at home games for both

I think it’s insane to be given 5 out of your first 6 fixtures at home, winning the first 2 probably helped with the confidence and tempted a few more down for the next game. Town had the same scenario in the Championship but failed to pick up points. The problem is the lack of income with no home games for up to a couple of months. It crippled Town financially even though the crowds held up considering our results. I just don’t understand the RFLs thinking on this. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2