Dual Reg

14 minutes ago, Wandering pete said:

..just irking the purists..

You mentioned Half Man Half Biscuit but I'm hoping for Half Backs, personally. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Brilliant news and might be what saves us this Season. We are in desperate need of creativity and speed. Quite surprised Wigan didn't already have a DR with another team. We got lucky for once.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Brilliant news and might be what saves us this Season. We are in desperate need of creativity and speed. Quite surprised Wigan didn't already have a DR with another team. We got lucky for once.

PS: Just read Wigan had a DR with Wakefield, but it was terminated earlier this month, no idea why?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

PS: Just read Wigan had a DR with Wakefield, but it was terminated earlier this month, no idea why?

Was probably to do with if Wigan sent youngsters there they probably wouldn't get a game.

Not a fan of DR personally as I think it only benefits the SL clubs as they only ever tend to send out youngsters for game time and more often than not get found out a bit in the championship. However, if it's used correctly it could be great for you guys and as said previously, could help your season.

• Like 3

Swinton had a great DR arrangement with Wigan which resulted in us getting Marshall and Harry Smith on season long loans plus other plaers when needed,the good thing about teams like Wigan and Saints is they only have top quality fringe and academy players 

• Like 2

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

4 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Was probably to do with if Wigan sent youngsters there they probably wouldn't get a game.

Not a fan of DR personally as I think it only benefits the SL clubs as they only ever tend to send out youngsters for game time and more often than not get found out a bit in the championship. However, if it's used correctly it could be great for you guys and as said previously, could help your season.

After reading the reason for the cancellation of the Wigan/Wakefield deal, you are pretty much spot on in your assessment. Wakefield have no room or need for up and coming youngsters, Barrow do.

• Like 2

It would be grand to see Sam Eseh and Zach Eckersley back in Barrow colours and maybe even Sam Walters as well as a couple of half backs..see who lands up for the Batley game.

• Like 1

Feel really uncomfortable with dual reg sorry but also know it is the way to go or we down from what I have seen so far. We are way off the mark.  Very very disappointed so far with the players/ structure of games.  Had us down for playoffs b4 season started but something not right.  Biggest fan ever but it doesn't feel right.  Strange

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Ulverstonian said:

Feel really uncomfortable with dual reg sorry but also know it is the way to go or we down from what I have seen so far. We are way off the mark.  Very very disappointed so far with the players/ structure of games.  Had us down for playoffs b4 season started but something not right.  Biggest fan ever but it doesn't feel right.  Strange

I want to us to stay up therefore i have no issue with it. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ulverstonian said:

Same 

• Like 1

We were supposed to be dual reg with Wigan at the start of the year but they went with Wakefield. Great to have them onboard now. Some excellent young players coming through and experienced players coming back from injuries. 

• Like 1

Can’t say I’m a big fan of DR. You don’t know what players you are getting week to week and whoever Wigan send you you’ll have to play them. You say you need it for survival but what damage does it do to existing players that have to make way for, in some cases, academy kids. The loan system gives the opportunity to get cover for a specified position for at least a 2 week period. The decision is then yours to play them or not.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Can’t say I’m a big fan of DR. You don’t know what players you are getting week to week and whoever Wigan send you you’ll have to play them. You say you need it for survival but what damage does it do to existing players that have to make way for, in some cases, academy kids. The loan system gives the opportunity to get cover for a specified position for at least a 2 week period. The decision is then yours to play them or not.

I`m sure the chairman & the coaching team will have discussed going down this route well before it was announced. 

• Like 1

Good work , something needs to change for the better after Sundays performance, players need to earn their place in the team, some of them shouldn’t be playing in a Barrow shirt and are simply not good enough or seem intrested! Need a good stand off/backs, fair few that need dropping and fresh blood brought in.

• Like 2