Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wakefield Wildcats v Hull FC

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Wakefield Wildcats v Hull FC (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wakefield (5 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Hull FC (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Draw (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,482 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

Discuss the game here!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

Strange kick-off for a Saturday evening game, as it'll be a struggle for the Hull FC supporters to get the train back.

I hope that Hull FC can see off the Wildcats as it'll make our chances of making the top eight a lot easier.

Wakefield 22-30 Hull FC with 5,800 there.

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Tommy The C5t @ Jul 6 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Strange kick-off for a Saturday evening game, as it'll be a struggle for the Hull FC supporters to get the train back.

The train?

After travelling on train to both Huddersfield and Bradford in the last few weeks, it looks like I'll be back on the coach for this one. Mind you, seeing as it's leaving Hull at 1.30 pm for an hour's journey with a 7.45 kick off, I may struggle to manage the bloody coach back...

Wakey will have to be poor for us to win this one, although we usually do well there on Sky.

Still, Wakey by 8.

pepperami-709159.jpg                                                                Leon-Pryce-002.jpg                                                                                       

#4 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,830 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

Wakey have a habit of producing a great display after utter dross, so................

Wakey but the odd try
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#5 Agbrigg

Agbrigg
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (Kenilworth Tiger @ Jul 7 2010, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wakey have a habit of producing a great display after utter dross,

That was before the arrival of Cookie. Wakefield now produce utter dross for weeks on end.

Hull by 18 +

#6 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 656 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Iíve just found out the pre-match preparations involve Trinity making a round trip to Wrexham, setting off at 17:45 in the hope of making it back to BV at 19:30. Having copious amounts of time to prepare for matches seems to hinder the team rather than galvanise it.

Trinity are in a real bad place at the moment, Iím struggling to see where the next win will come from. Hull FC and Bradford are the most likely opportunities, but I have no conviction that Wakefield will win these contests.

Trinity 16 Hull FC 30

#7 NEIL FOX IS GOD

NEIL FOX IS GOD
  • Coach
  • 2,353 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

Hull by 30 sad.gif

dark days at Wakey and set to get worse sad.gif
Posted Image

#8 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,912 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

Wakey could surprise us on this one, but i doubt it. Hull by 20.

#9 amh

amh
  • 11,082 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (NEIL FOX IS GOD @ Jul 9 2010, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hull by 30 sad.gif

dark days at Wakey and set to get worse sad.gif

Oh dear unsure.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#10 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (amh @ Jul 10 2010, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not good news at all.

#11 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Jul 7 2010, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The train?

After travelling on train to both Huddersfield and Bradford in the last few weeks, it looks like I'll be back on the coach for this one. Mind you, seeing as it's leaving Hull at 1.30 pm for an hour's journey with a 7.45 kick off, I may struggle to manage the bloody coach back...

Wakey will have to be poor for us to win this one, although we usually do well there on Sky.

Still, Wakey by 8.

Bloomin' 'eck mate you'd be able to get there on your bike and still have time for a couple of pints.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (Ullman @ Jul 10 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bloomin' 'eck mate you'd be able to get there on your bike and still have time for a couple of pints.

Coach now leaving Hull at 4pm. Common sense seems to have crept into the planning, although, to be fair, we were initially popping to a pub in Barnsley for some grub...Don't ask, I have no idea...

pepperami-709159.jpg                                                                Leon-Pryce-002.jpg                                                                                       

#13 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Jul 10 2010, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Coach now leaving Hull at 4pm. Common sense seems to have crept into the planning, although, to be fair, we were initially popping to a pub in Barnsley for some grub...Don't ask, I have no idea...

I hope it's got air con for your sake.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#14 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Agbrigg @ Jul 7 2010, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was before the arrival of Cookie. Wakefield now produce utter dross for weeks on end.

Hull by 18 +

Incredibly, Justin Morgan took a lot of flak from Hull kR fans for getting rid of Cooke. I think they got in a flap when they lost a few games.

The 'Morgan out, Cooke in' brigade have gone very quiet now though. Fortunately for them, Morgan's a better judge than they are.

As for Hull by 18+, I can't see it. Our league position belies some poor form of late. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wakefield won this one.

#15 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

FORUM WARNING!!!

If you have anything else to do this evening, other than watch this game, I strongly advise you to do it.

Those annoying DIY jobs you've been putting off for ages, cleaning out the oven, watering the garden (except those of you over in Lancs, obviously cool.gif ), just anything really, get it done.

Trust me, at around 9.30, if you've been able to stomach the full 80 mins, you'll want that part of your life back.

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Ullman @ Jul 10 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope it's got air con for your sake.

I had no idea you'd sat next to Roy on a coach before as well....

#17 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Jul 10 2010, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had no idea you'd sat next to Roy on a coach before as well....

Probably a good job your're not going for a ruby this week...

#18 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

I think it'll be a cracker when compared to last nights Harlequins vs Bradford game wink.gif

#19 Bitofaboogie

Bitofaboogie
  • Coach
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hull by 100+

#20 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Bitofaboogie @ Jul 10 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>