Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#22 Fully

Fully
  • Coach
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (tonyXIII @ Aug 23 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This confirms the high esteem in which Sky hold our game. dry.gif

To be fair though, the dates of selection have been known since the start of the season so to an extent, it's not 100% their fault. Plus, they're going to want to choose the big games/most important games towards the end of the season.

#23 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

Joke

#24 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:53 PM

I see it still hasnt been put on the sky sports RL site.

I will go mad if the Saints game is moved as I have tickets for it & am in Leeds on the saturday for a night out with the girls. If I miss the last league game at the place I have gone to for 31 years I will not be happy angry.gif

My friend who is a wire fan tells me the Quins V wire game has been moved to the fri which makes me think we will play at the same time so hopeful once moved they wont move the Quins Wire game again
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#25 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (saintsbird @ Aug 23 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see it still hasnt been put on the sky sports RL site.

I will go mad if the Saints game is moved as I have tickets for it & am in Leeds on the saturday for a night out with the girls. If I miss the last league game at the place I have gone to for 31 years I will not be happy angry.gif

My friend who is a wire fan tells me the Quins V wire game has been moved to the fri which makes me think we will play at the same time so hopeful once moved they wont move the Quins Wire game again

Sorry Bird

Link :- http://www.sthelenss...turday_evening/

It's a joke the RFL / SKY.

How the hell can you plan your life??? You'll have to watch the game in Leeds on the Big Screen listening to that rat stevo tongue.gif

#26 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:45 PM

######...... angry.gif

Thats emails off to Saints, the RFL, sky, BBC radio Manchester & League express mailbox

Hell hath no fury & all that

Posted Image

#27 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (saintsbird @ Aug 23 2010, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
######...... angry.gif

Thats emails off to Saints, the RFL, sky, BBC radio Manchester & League express mailbox

Hell hath no fury & all that

Keep us posted with any response you get........please.

#28 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Aug 23 2010, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep us posted with any response you get........please.

Will do although dont expect much. I have asked Saints for a refund on my tickets

This was sent to RFL Sky & Radio Mancs

Dear Sir / Madam

I am a Saints fan of 31 years & a season ticket holder for 10years who like most fans was looking forward to the above match & saying farewell to the stadium I have attended for most of my life.

I now find that the match has been moved to Saturday 4th September in order to be televised on Sky Sports, unfortunately I cannot attend on this date due to other arrangements so I am sure you can understand my disappointment & somewhat anger at missing an important evening in the history of my club.

I wish to ask what the point is in publishing fixture lists if they are prone to change at such short notice and further more what is the point in fans buying a season ticket? There doesnt seem much point to me as its clear that the fans feelings are disregarded at the drop of a hat.

Its a joke & one that has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. "RL the people's sport"......Yeah right!!!

Posted Image

#29 Wendall

Wendall
  • Banned
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (saintsbird @ Aug 23 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will do although dont expect much. I have asked Saints for a refund on my tickets

Dear Sir / Madam

I am a Saints fan of 31 years & a season ticket holder for 10years who like most fans was looking forward to the above match & saying farewell to the stadium I have attended for most of my life.

I now find that the match has been moved to Saturday 4th September in order to be televised on Sky Sports, unfortunately I cannot attend on this date due to other arrangements so I am sure you can understand my disappointment & somewhat anger at missing an important evening in the history of my club.

I wish to ask what the point is in publishing fixture lists if they are prone to change at such short notice and further more what is the point in fans buying a season ticket? There doesnt seem much point to me as its clear that the fans feelings are disregarded at the drop of a hat.

Its a joke & one that has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. "RL the people's sport"......Yeah right!!!

If its any consolation the Saints should get another home farewell game in the play offs? Or will that be played at Widnes?

#30 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (saintsbird @ Aug 23 2010, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Sir / Madam

Good Post, hope you get your money back.

One really sad thing (not rubbing salt in your wounds) 10 years a fan and now the final league game has been snatched away from you, not fair and not on.

Good luck with your replies, if you don't recieve anything, send the emails 10 times or more, they'll get a message even if you dont get a reply wink.gif laugh.gif

#31 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (Wendall @ Aug 23 2010, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If its any consolation the Saints should get another home farewell game in the play offs? Or will that be played at Widnes?

Wendy your mean sometimes.

Saintsbird has been looking forward to this, built her self up for the game and now it has been taken away from her.

having a playoff game is small consolation, but not "what!" she wanted to hear.

anyway Saints are coming to HJ for the play offs wacko.gif blink.gif I wish unsure.gif

#32 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (1976PMJwires @ Aug 23 2010, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good Post, hope you get your money back.

One really sad thing (not rubbing salt in your wounds) 10 years a fan and now the final league game has been snatched away from you, not fair and not on.

Good luck with your replies, if you don't recieve anything, send the emails 10 times or more, they'll get a message even if you dont get a reply wink.gif laugh.gif

Read it again, fan for 31 years (since i was 4) Season Ticket holder for 10 years.

If i knew we had second I would be able to say my goodbye to KR the following week but if we dont this could be the last game at KR.

The sat night I am going to Leeds with my friends for 2 girls birthday (1 of which my sister). My sister has rang me to say if i want to go the game I can but I need to pay for the hotel so they arent out of pocket. so now i choose......my team or my friends. A choice I SHOULDNT HAVE TO MAKE.

As for Wendalls comments well you wouldnt understand as I am sure your friends are few & far between (except from "the casuals") rolleyes.gif
Posted Image

#33 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (saintsbird @ Aug 23 2010, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read it again, fan for 31 years (since i was 4) Season Ticket holder for 10 years.

If i knew we had second I would be able to say my goodbye to KR the following week but if we dont this could be the last game at KR.

The sat night I am going to Leeds with my friends for 2 girls birthday (1 of which my sister). My sister has rang me to say if i want to go the game I can but I need to pay for the hotel so they arent out of pocket. so now i choose......my team or my friends. A choice I SHOULDNT HAVE TO MAKE.

As for Wendalls comments well you wouldnt understand as I am sure your friends are few & far between (except from "the casuals") rolleyes.gif

Sorry, quickly read the first bit apologies there.

Second part, cant let the girls down.

last bit, what are you implying????

#34 Tommy The C5t

Tommy The C5t
  • Coach
  • 13,479 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

I agree and the whole thing needs to be organised better, you just can't change the date of a game 11 days before it's due to be played.

P.S if it was the last ever game at Odsal or my brothers birthday in Liverpool, I'm afraid it would be the Rugby League for me.

I couldn't live with myself for missing the last ever game.

#35 saintfrank

saintfrank
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:29 PM

those that want a refund at k/r will get one..not much good for the likes of saintsbird, but saints did complain about the switch, but SKY rule the roost.
Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

#36 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,030 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:32 PM

Not true.

If you finish in the top six, you are guaranteed at least one home game in the play-offs.
If you finish 3rd or 4th, then although your first game will be away, your second game is guaranteed to be at home (win or lose). If you win, home game in week three. if you lose, home game in week two.
Posted Image

#37 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:34 PM

Even though I hate Saints with a passion, I must say that I feel sorry for the genuine fans in this instance.

Sky really are taking the p!ss this time.

#38 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,030 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Aug 23 2010, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though I hate Saints with a passion, I must say that I feel sorry for the genuine fans in this instance.

Sky really are taking the p!ss this time.

It's not going to be the last game at KR so it's not the worst thing in the world.
Posted Image

#39 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,030 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:43 PM

*Double Post*

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC, 23 August 2010 - 09:44 PM.

Posted Image

#40 Black Country Wire

Black Country Wire
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:17 PM

Posted in error.

Edited by Black Country Wire, 23 August 2010 - 10:18 PM.

Last new RL ground (83): Langtree Park, St Helens - Leeds v Warrington 9/8/14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users