Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Leeds Rhinos v Wigan Warriors (22 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors (15 votes [68.18%])

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

2. Leeds Rhinos (7 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

Vote

#21 3owls

3owls
  • Banned
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:56 AM

Just had a call from the wife in the local sainsburys a bit concerned because Brent Webb is there with the kids doing the weekly shop. She asked him if he was playing today and he replied "Yeah, it's just that the missus has sent me out to do the shopping" with a cheeky grin. Rugby league.....keeping it real.

#22 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 12 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bit disappointed in the bookies on this one. I fancy Wigan by quite a bit but they're not being overgenerous with winning margins. Wigan by 21-30 is only 9/2. Poor odds when you think Leeds are three times GF winners.

Agreed.

Disappointingly stingy odds.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#23 Simon Templar

Simon Templar
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:29 PM

I think the pressure is all on Wigan.

Could be a big upset on the cards here. That is if you consider the current GF winners beating Wigan to be an upset.

As Shaun McCrae once said,the previous weekly SL rounds now count for nothing. Wigan only have home advantage and a little tin hubcap to show for their efforts. Home advantage hasn't always benefitted Wigan since the move to the DW stadium.

IMHO the so called 18th man can become a burden when things start going pear- or should that be pie - shaped.

#24 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:27 PM

I think that's wishful thinking.
The pressure is off Wigan. We have already won the league and exceeded expectations.
To my mind it is rare for a game to be won or lost for non player/rugby reasons. Wigan have a stronger back 5, ok halves and a pack that can match Leeds. The 3 games have resulted in 2 comfortable wins for Wigan and one tight defeat.
If Leeds win it will be because they have re-found the ability and desire that has made them 3 times champions. At the start of the year I thought it would be Leeds 1st and daylight second. They are a wonderful teams with wonderful players, and if they win that's the first place to look for answers.
Good luck to both teams (not Ablett of course). These are 2 classy clubs and 2 classy teams - they oftne give us a treat. Let's hope they do so again tonight.

#25 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

has the m62 been shut from leeds! ###### poor leeds crowd

#26 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

wigan 4-0 sam tomkins
6-0 richards converts

#27 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,887 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

What's happened to Ryan Bailey? Looks like a bad head wound. Seems to affect him holding on to the ball.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#28 brooza

brooza
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

12-0
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#29 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

kevin ( i'm the ref ) sinfield, out on the full.
sam tomkins strolls in from 40 metres.
richards 2/2 - 12-0

#30 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

very harsh pen on buderus
richards 14-0, 17 gone

#31 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:10 PM

leeds 1st attack, 14-6 buderus.
sinfield adds 2

#32 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:13 PM

2 attacks, 2 tries to leeds, 14-10 hall

#33 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:13 PM

14-10

Hall try

Chickens not being counted anymore?
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#34 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

sinfield wide right 14-12

#35 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:26 PM

Lucky lucky tomkins.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#36 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

14-14 sinfield pen.
tomkins should have 10 mins, surprise surprise phil clarke says it was nothing

#37 brooza

brooza
  • 4,351 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

Commentary talking of concern about the fitness of ryan bailey - turns out he's fine to come back on
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#38 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:30 PM

Quite right Phil, nothing wrong with giving someone a good shoeing. This is rugger, after all.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#39 Lee

Lee
  • Coach
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (snapski @ Sep 12 2010, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
surprise surprise phil clarke says it was nothing

Put it on mute, he's unbearable when Wigan play, id drop him for their games, let him do everyone else

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.
He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.
And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

#40 Simon Templar

Simon Templar
  • Coach
  • 408 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Bedford Roughyed @ Sep 12 2010, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lucky lucky tomkins.

Correction Dirty Dirty Tomkins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users