League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Second favourite - Other clubs you like...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:23 AM

Saints been going since I was a young lad. The whole family are massive fans.

No 2 Used to be Chorley, I used to go when I could as the wife (being from Chorley) supported them. Since they moved to Blackpool haven't been.

Don't really have a second club now, but if theres a game on I'll be watching.

Posted Image

#42 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (Griff9of13 @ Sep 23 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1st Wigan (been following them since the season they dragged themselves back out of the 2nd division)

2nd Crusaders (always a soft spot for the land of my (great grand) fathers. biggrin.gif

Used to follow Huyton back in the day, as they had a couple of lads play for them that I played alongside at my first club. Also they were the 'local' team.

Forgot my Amateur choice, and that would have to be Pilkington Recs, seeing as how I used to play for them.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#43 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,769 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:28 AM

After Hull FC it's anybody playing Hull KR My intense dislike for them mellowed slightly while they were in the national leagues but seeing as Hudgell has cranked up the acrimony between the two clubs it's stronger than ever. In fact, if Rovers were playing an team of Martians and representing the Earth to repel Alien domination of our planet, I'd still find it difficult not to cheer for the little green men.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#44 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (The Bobster @ Sep 24 2010, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saints been going since I was a young lad. The whole family are massive fans.

No 2 Used to be Chorley, I used to go when I could as the wife (being from Chorley) supported them. Since they moved to Blackpool haven't been.

Don't really have a second club now, but if theres a game on I'll be watching.

I to used to have a soft spot for Chorley as I used to live there when I was younger and all my family on my dads side are from there.

Used to go to Victory Park and cheer them on when Graham West was coaching. I found that at times you could get more enjoyment from watching a game there than super league. Not sure why though.

I also played against their reserve side once (and still have a nice scar on my chin to prove it unsure.gif).

Edited by Griff9of13, 24 September 2010 - 09:31 AM.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#45 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,786 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:48 AM

1 Bulls

2 Whoever is playing the Rhinos

3 Crusaders

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#46 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

My team: Warrington

2nd: Cas. The only reason I can think of is their ethos of playing attacking rugby, regardless. Added to that, their ability to produce players despite it's small population.

Australia: Brisbane. I remember getting hold of some videos of SOO and seeing Wally Lewis, with what appeared to be around four players tackling him walk towards the line and somehow, work his arm free and plonk the ball down whilst being upright. Wow! I temporarily transeferred to Gold Coast with Wally, especially so when he returned to paly a game in a helicopter landing on the pitch. I just thought 'what a cool b@sta@rd'

#47 BulldogBurt

BulldogBurt
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

#1 - The mighty Chemics

#2 - Always had a soft spot for Saints, admire the brand of rugby they play (and their dominance over Wire is the only thing keeping me sane during Warrington's recent resurgence!)

Aus - Broncos or Tigers, love watching halves with genuine flashes of genius (Lockyer and Benji)

Amateur - Burtonwood Bulldogs (which explains the name) where I coach a junior team. I get as much enjoyment out of the 'dogs as all of the above combined.

#48 raider park

raider park
  • Coach
  • 657 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:15 AM

1) Leeds Rhinos (for 30 years and more so well aware that this is a golden period that might not come around again for a while!)

2) Harlequins (because I'm a believer! The sport needs them to work)

3) NRL- Parramatta (first saw them in the 80s with Grothe, Kenny, Sterling, Price etc, best club team ever) and Queensland in SOO.

4) Amateur - Oulton Raiders (ex-player)

5) Any Yorkshire side playing anyone from the wrong side of the Pennines
This Machine Kills Fascists....
Hasta siempre!

#49 Doolittle

Doolittle
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 24 2010, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After Hull FC it's anybody playing Hull KR My intense dislike for them mellowed slightly while they were in the national leagues but seeing as Hudgell has cranked up the acrimony between the two clubs it's stronger than ever. In fact, if Rovers were playing an team of Martians and representing the Earth to repel Alien domination of our planet, I'd still find it difficult not to cheer for the little green men.

September 11th must have hurt you more than most! biggrin.gif

Hudgell cranked up the acrimony by daring to get us back into the top flight. You need to learn to share.

#50 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (Griff9of13 @ Sep 24 2010, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I to used to have a soft spot for Chorley as I used to live there when I was younger and all my family on my dads side are from there.

Used to go to Victory Park and cheer them on when Graham West was coaching. I found that at times you could get more enjoyment from watching a game there than super league. Not sure why though.

I also played against their reserve side once (and still have a nice scar on my chin to prove it unsure.gif).

I enjoyed the games a Victory Park, used to have a bit of banter with opposition supporters. I remember arguing the toss with some Dewsbury fans, who reckoned I couldn't comment on Rugby as I supported ST Helens in Super League and therefore new ###### all about proper Rugby.

The last match at home to York was quite emotional, Chorley winning it with a last minute drop goal.

Posted Image

#51 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,769 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (Doolittle @ Sep 24 2010, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
September 11th must have hurt you more than most! biggrin.gif

Bloody Hell! I thought it had been decided that Osama Bin Laden was responsible. Hudgell's got more to answer for than I thought.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#52 Doolittle

Doolittle
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Sep 24 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bloody Hell! I thought it had been decided that Osama Bin Laden was responsible. Hudgell's got more to answer for than I thought.

laugh.gif

Where there's blame, there's a claim!

#53 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

As a Widnes fan growing up I found it hard to dislike Saints the way I did for Wigan/Wire.

Lately I've had a soft spot for Cas but this season would love to see Wigan win the SL Final (just to break the Wigan/Saints cycle)

#54 Guest_El Senorito_*

Guest_El Senorito_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

Number 1 Rochdale Hornets. My home town team who I first saw play almost 65 years ago. Been through all the lows and suffered long and hard. Now, the only way is up, so there will be more to cheer next season.

2. Wigan my favourite SL club by a mile.

3. Catalans Dragons

4. Crusaders

5. Quins RL

6. Lezignan (lovely little ground, well supported by friendly people)

7. Any Lancashire club (even Oldham) playing any Yorkshire club

8. Bottom, after recent events, Leeds

#55 Guest_El Senorito_*

Guest_El Senorito_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

Number 1 Rochdale Hornets. My home town team who I first saw play almost 65 years ago. Been through all the lows and suffered long and hard. Now, the only way is up, so there will be more to cheer next season.

2. Wigan my favourite SL club by a mile.

3. Catalans Dragons

4. Crusaders

5. Quins RL

6. Lezignan (lovely little ground, well supported by friendly people)

7. Any Lancashire club (even Oldham) playing any Yorkshire club

8. Bottom, after recent events, Leeds

#56 Guest_El Senorito_*

Guest_El Senorito_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:15 PM

Sorry double post

Edited by El Senorito, 24 September 2010 - 01:17 PM.

#57 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:33 PM

For the last few years it's been Catalans or Quins, but now Crusaders have taken that number 2 spot.

As I've mentioned before, I've always had a soft spot for Wales through some of the legends that have played the game and for my club Warrington, and I would be made up if they can become a firm part of the RL community and be around for years producing more Welsh legends!

#58 Cliff Spracklen

Cliff Spracklen
  • Coach
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

1. Every team playing Leeds (but Rhinos fans still very welcome at Bramley, as I proclaim face to face at games ) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
2.Hunslet Old Boys
3. Hunslet (when not playing Bramley)
4. Carpentras, SO Avignon, Catalans Dragons, Toulouse, Lezignan, St Martin de Crau, Montpellier,Corbeil, Bretagne Nantes Vikings, Marseille, Cavaillon Luberon, CS Agip, France.
5. All other French clubs.
6. Fev and Widnes from the golden days (especially the era of Wright, Currier, Hulme bros etc at Widnes)
7. Hull Kingston Rervers
8. Stanningley
9. South Dorset Giants
10. Illawarra Steelers before the merger, (Illawarra-Dragons when in Wollongong), Paramatta
11. Hemel Stags (when not playing Bramley)
12. Welsh clubs generally.
13. Every "underdog"
14. South London Storm.

#59 widnesvikings

widnesvikings
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:04 PM

widnes vikings have been my team for 37 years
born in warrington to a widnes and wire mother and father so watched a lot of wire games in the 70s-80s with me dad when widnes were not playing,so in the earlier days wire were my second favourite team. not to sure now since all the banter iv taken from my warrington watching inlaws,cousins etc since we got booted out of the big league. i love rugby league in general the best sport in the world bar none.

Edited by widnesvikings, 24 September 2010 - 05:05 PM.

Posted Image
WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB

#60 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (widnesvikings @ Sep 24 2010, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
widnes vikings have been my team for 37 years
born in warrington to a widnes and wire mother and father so watched a lot of wire games in the 70s-80s with me dad when widnes were not playing,so in the earlier days wire were my second favourite team. not to sure now since all the banter iv taken from my warrington watching inlaws,cousins etc since we got booted out of the big league. i love rugby league in general the best sport in the world bar none.

your a wire wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users