Shameful South Stand behaviour......

Therein73

30 minutes ago, Wilsden Ram said:

A fascinating post from an apparently clean living Canadian Lad.  Hope you are not a Lumberjack like the one from Monty Python, who enjoys the outdoor life but also has a darker side to his character.

Looks like you are in for a shock when you are fast-tracked into Super League.

All those rough men from Lancashire and Humberside are sure to trouble you!  Perhaps you would have been more at home in a Kick and Clap League.

Also, please refrain form using words such as 'ilk' when posting on a Rugby League Forum. Most Fans think it is an animal such as a Moose or Caribou and wouldn't dream of bringing one to your Stadium.

I've felled a tree or two in my day...was out in the bush on the horses yesterday with the family surveying the back 40...no real darkside, like that crazy Brit dressed up like a real Canadian man though,  but if the boys from the midlands? come over looking for trouble they will certainly meet the ground QUICK! in Toronto.  I'm just telling you that talk like that  don't play well over here.

And you are right, Super League will certainly be in for a shock when the 'Big Pack Attack' comes to town...no doubt! 

Remember, the Pack will be one ya before you even figure out that we are there!

"Run With The Pack"

30 minutes ago, coolie said:

Blown out of all proportions 

This incident 

Hands up all those who are offended that are not any of the following 

1. Corbyns labour party

2. Looney left

3. Dudleydoogooders Inc 

4. Voted remain

As I thought.... Nobody

Jump on the bandwagon somewhere else as there's nothing to see here

Nevermind debate 

Turn your efforts to just causes like

Who pocketed the brass from grenfeld and made it unsafe like countless other blocks of flats

That current story has far more victims than this

Get things into prospective people.

I think things might be getting out of hand Coolie but proud to say that you can put me in section 1 of the above.. I would rather support Batley than vote Tory ...

13 minutes ago, NickD said:

I think things might be getting out of hand Coolie but proud to say that you can put me in section 1 of the above.. I would rather support Batley than vote Tory ...

The current climate nick from the corbyn brigade to to blame anybody and everybody if something goes wrong..whipping up hysteria 

Everybody needs to calm down and get everything into prospective 

Or are we at war with Canada & France now?? ;)

Just shows how someone throwing a pebble into an ocean...can cause a tsunami 

As for going to Canada to watch leigh's old boys club

Elsie fryer's razor blade firm will no doubt have banning orders preventing them from travelling and trashing the local bingo halls and beating up a few lumberjacks ;)

Things we can no longer do in the southstand

1. Singing the song "go get your father's gun and shoot the Batley ####" is now deemed "promoting violence against a minority.

2. Chants of "who's the #### in the black" is no longer acceptable as it's discriminating.

3. The chant of "can we play you every week" has not to be sung as it implies the opposition are rubbish and they could be offended and might hurt their feelings.

4.chant of "we can see you sneaking out" cannot be sung as it suggests the opposition fans weak and could offend them.

5. The Amber ribbon song can no longer be sung as it discriminates against red ribbons,blue ribbons, yellow ribbons.

6. The song "your not fit to wipe my ######" is banned as it discriminates against people who can wipe my ######.

7. Chanting "championi " is no longer acceptable as it could cause offence to Italian people if not pronounced correctly.

8. The song "Neil kelly's barmy army" no longer permitted as not to offend fans who are not "barmy.

When Toulouse took the lead mid-way through the first half, I heard a Female voice from the South stand shout "bloody foreigners" as the Toulouse team were walking back to their own half.

I did find this mildly amusing, is that wrong?

rambo.gif

Everything ok. Apart from robertons marmalade in my book

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

33 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Everything ok. Apart from robertons marmalade in my book

Agree 100% on that and I would hope everyone did  

I did start to ponder whether we should have a sliding scale mind.  Surely there must be things that are acceptable to shout when we play Batley or maybe Leigh that we could ban when playing nice teams like our friends from Cumbria.  It hardly seems fair to treat all opposition the same. 

3 hours ago, coolie said:

Things we can no longer do in the southstand

1. Singing the song "go get your father's gun and shoot the Batley ####" is now deemed "promoting violence against a minority.

2. Chants of "who's the #### in the black" is no longer acceptable as it's discriminating.

3. The chant of "can we play you every week" has not to be sung as it implies the opposition are rubbish and they could be offended and might hurt their feelings.

4.chant of "we can see you sneaking out" cannot be sung as it suggests the opposition fans weak and could offend them.

5. The Amber ribbon song can no longer be sung as it discriminates against red ribbons,blue ribbons, yellow ribbons.

6. The song "your not fit to wipe my ######" is banned as it discriminates against people who can wipe my ######.

7. Chanting "championi " is no longer acceptable as it could cause offence to Italian people if not pronounced correctly.

8. The song "Neil kelly's barmy army" no longer permitted as not to offend fans who are not "barmy.

You mention The South Stand! Does this mean all of the above is acceptable in The North Stand? Those nasty Northstanders! :)

3 hours ago, Rambo said:

When Toulouse took the lead mid-way through the first half, I heard a Female voice from the South stand shout "bloody foreigners" as the Toulouse team were walking back to their own half.

I did find this mildly amusing, is that wrong?

No! :)

3 hours ago, coolie said:

So I take it now tonight's lynching has been cancelled behind the southstand ;)

Yes, but executions for grammatical imperfections will continue. Await your fate like a gentleman.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

9 hours ago, coolie said:

I know you was there

I was asking ackroman 

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

Personally I didn't draw any offence to a woman saying froggys.. Just like I don't when I hear yanks,krauts,jars

The thought of not been able to call my local Chinese "the ******" is lost to an age where life didn't carry as many pigeon holes,labels or victim cards.

If the lady said golliwog, yes that was and is unacceptable. 

Have a walk down Saville town tonight and feel the recieving end of real venomous racism, or walk down from mount Pleasant on a Sunday afternoon and be attacked with your young children them been called "white b####" 

Then comeback

And tell me how insignificant your moan is

The woman was quickly mooted by her and your fellow fans.

Blasting it all over social media in the manner you have has not helped

Anybody.. 

If you feel aggrieved follow the correct channels where it can be dealt with in a proper way,rather than attracting every victim looking for a bandwagon 

The lady made mistake 

And she I'm sure won't do it again and will have learned a valuable lesson.

Let's just put it to bed now

Before its front page news.

Racism is wrong in any form in my book Coolie..........and I've had my share of racist incidents against me so it would be very easy to just turn a blind eye...... I choose not to - my perogative.   We agreed on Morrison - we disagree on this subject. That's what forums are about, I guess. "Let's just put it to bed now"............. Works for me, pal

19 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

Racism is wrong in any form in my book Coolie..........and I've had my share of racist incidents against me so it would be very easy to just turn a blind eye...... I choose not to - my perogative.   We agreed on Morrison - we disagree on this subject. That's what forums are about, I guess. "Let's just put it to bed now"............. Works for me, pal

Me too mate

No point falling out on the only blemish on a fantastic match & result. 

Whether right or wrong I.still respect your opinion mate. 

23 hours ago, coolie said:

I expected your reply in Spanish ;)

It would have been wasted here.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 minutes ago, NickD said:

Por que?

Porqúe!

7 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Ke?

That's Basque, not Castillan.

:preved:

Archived