Killer to Leave.

The Baron Mk11

59 minutes ago, Hornetto said:

It's the 21st Century mate - it's all about branding. We have one of the greatest names in RL, but never had a Hornet on the shirt. Why would a new generation of fans identify with the crest that they see on their bins? It's a modern, evolving world and you have to go with it or you'll get left behind. Leeds have a Rhino, Catalans have a Dragon, Warrington have a Wolf, Batley have a Bulldog, Dewsbury have a Ram, Keighley have a Cougar, Coventry have a Bear, Huddersfield - the home of the game - have a Giant. Wear your old shirt by all means - but the future is that way and that's where we're headed.

Cue the deluge...

The Hornet has so much going for it... I mean for a start its not made up (ahem, bears...), its got history, it's relatively easy to 'brand' (try branding a Roughyed...), etc.  Not sure why you'd want to change to a crest in the modern era?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And look what good it’s done them ... the game is on its ar*e. Did we need to adopt a carton character to sell shirts and the like?

Funnily enough Manunited have a crest, Liverpool have a crest, New York Yankees have had the same logo for 100 years. 

Anyway it’s just an opinion. I want the club to thrive but no desire to wear something with a cartoon hornet, or rhino for that matter on. good luck with the shirt sales Clearly it must work for Coventry (coventry? Please...let’s be serious)..Folks wearing those bears shirts must have been in the top deck at Wembley.

They must have sold well cos you don’t see any in the shops.

Not often I agree with a Hornet but I love having the town crest on our Oldham shirts. It's my identity and my town, not a bear,owl,rhino,bull,wolf and such like, the majority of which have no affiliation to the club or town,the coat of arms is timeless. Some disagree and believe the future is a cartoon or some other manufactured image. Rochdale have always been Hornets even with the crest instead of the cartoon. Nowt wrong with having a crest and Rochdale Hornets RLFC under it. 

Give me a town coat of arms over a cartoon/character/caricature anyday.

I would never have imagined a coach of his calibre would be interested in a role in League 1. With his work with Scotland and Wigan i imagine he wll have a lot of contacts with players on the fringes of the top tier. I just hope who ever takes over the club is brought back down the M62 to Rochdale from Warrington and Chester

On 9/4/2018 at 1:34 PM, Heywood Tiger said:

I would never have imagined a coach of his calibre would be interested in a role in League 1. With his work with Scotland and Wigan i imagine he wll have a lot of contacts with players on the fringes of the top tier. I just hope who ever takes over the club is brought back down the M62 to Rochdale from Warrington and Chester

He's got more games under his belt coaching Barrow and Gloucestershire All Gold than Salford Red Devils. And coaching a natinal side and a league side are not incompatible, one worry I have is that we will get a coach that is of a lesser standard that the one we have but with him the standard will remain the same.

On 9/9/2018 at 10:34 AM, Heywood Tiger said:

I’d personally choose a Rochdale coach as they’d hopefully bring the club back to Rochdale, introduce more Rochdale lads to the squad. A better relationship with the community clubs is essential.

Agree completely but many don’t see this, including I fear the people who will make the decision 

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:34 AM, Heywood Tiger said:

I’d personally choose a Rochdale coach as they’d hopefully bring the club back to Rochdale, introduce more Rochdale lads to the squad. A better relationship with the community clubs is essential.

What we need is the right guy for the job. I don't care if he comes from Mars as long as he can us back on the winning path. Last time I went up the ground and the Club was still in Rochdale. What Rochdale lads are good enough to play at this level ? Just asking.

Have a word with the lads that are involved with the team and ask them how much time they spend in Rochdale! 

What Rochdale lads are good enough? Have you seen how dire we’ve been? I know several Rochdale lads have been spoken to but said no thanks. I mean it’s not like they live in Warrington! No, after a days work they have to get on the road to Cheshire!! 

Bring in a Rochdale coach and Rochdale players for Rochdale people to buy in to.

12 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

Have a word with the lads that are involved with the team and ask them how much time they spend in Rochdale! 

What Rochdale lads are good enough? Have you seen how dire we’ve been? I know several Rochdale lads have been spoken to but said no thanks. I mean it’s not like they live in Warrington! No, after a days work they have to get on the road to Cheshire!! 

Bring in a Rochdale coach and Rochdale players for Rochdale people to buy in to.

If these lads have been spoken to and they've said no how keen are they to play for us ?

27 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If these lads have been spoken to and they've said no how keen are they to play for us ?

Very keen but the circumstances have to be right - they need to not be playing second fiddle to someone not as good as them from down the east lancs road and not approached as an after thought Part way through a struggling season 

35 minutes ago, Sainthamish said:

Just announced that Danny Yates has signed for Batley and I noticed that Deon Cross has signed for Barrow.  With the rumours of there being a few off to Crusaders, will we have anyone left from this team next year anyway?

Yates is a big loss that’s a shame - local lad aswel 

1 hour ago, Sainthamish said:

Just announced that Danny Yates has signed for Batley and I noticed that Deon Cross has signed for Barrow.  With the rumours of there being a few off to Crusaders, will we have anyone left from this team next year anyway?

We heard that at Batley,also Jo in talks with them.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I like the lad, I think he's got a good future in the game. Not everybody I sit with would agree with me though.

I might be wrong but at this level you don’t get a scrum half of his ability vertually on your doorstep everyday - halfback is a hard job we have blamed them for years for our downfall ?

Archived