just maybe

lakeland

12 minutes ago, wonky said:

About as much chance as billy slater wanting to come to derwent Park for a last hurrah. Now if it  was Bradford that missed out then they’d be a huge chance 

Funny you should say that . I was in Greggs this morning ....

They won't go down because the rfl showed what they thought of us..Probably just mess it all up and have 13 teams in the league above or something. 

The Leigh chairman is just trying to get bailed out from paying anything else out.

Higham will be player coach for starters

Has Acton signed for anyone yet 

They should get threw out if they’ve made a catastrophic financial mess and can’t  get their house in order . There should be tough sanctions . I’ve no sympathy for their chairman , they’ve lorded it long enough . I doubt they will as the RFL make it up as they go along. You manage your club well you should be rewarded (us)and if you don’t then you’re punished (them) . 

It's only about 5 or 6 years since they last did this, so they should definitely be relegated as a minimum. Not sure it would be of any benefit to us to go up though, we would really struggle as we're way behind everyone else with the squad for that League.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

It's only about 5 or 6 years since they last did this, so they should definitely be relegated as a minimum. Not sure it would be of any benefit to us to go up though, we would really struggle as we're way behind everyone else with the squad for that League.

That’s the one thing . Would be very very difficult this late , and god knows what would happen with funding . Looking at this league though I’d still snap their hand off 

20 minutes ago, DavidM said:

They should get threw out if they’ve made a catastrophic financial mess and can’t  get their house in order . There should be tough sanctions . I’ve no sympathy for their chairman , they’ve lorded it long enough . I doubt they will as the RFL make it up as they go along. You manage your club well you should be rewarded (us)and if you don’t then you’re punished (them) . 

Not relegating them is probably the worst thing that could happen to them,like Bradford staying in the championship with a large points deduction would result in their relegation anyways.

Not sure Town going up at this late stage would be a good thing,yes there would be extra funding but would there be the quality of players to survive in the championship available at this time.

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Not relegating them is probably the worst thing that could happen to them,like Bradford staying in the championship with a large points deduction would result in their relegation anyways.

Not sure Town going up at this late stage would be a good thing,yes there would be extra funding but would there be the quality of players to survive in the championship available at this time.

Very difficult . Hard to see it being anything anything other than a moot point really . Would they relegate Leigh ? Not so sure , they usually look for a cop out or points deduction . As you say that just puts a team in a twilight zone and does noone any good 

7 minutes ago, bobg said:

If they did promote us in place of Leigh, would be to late to assemble a competitive squad, however promote us with a seasons immunity to relegation may work.

It may work for you guys but wouldn't for all the other relegation candidates...us included !!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Archived