WELCOME TO WORKINGTON TOWN DANNY TICKLE!

WTRLFC WEBSITE

Ruairi McGoff did play for town when Veivers was here. Charlo signed him before stepping down ahead of the 2014 season, veivers then took over and his first game in charge was against barrow when we won 6-8 and McGoff was playing..

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, LancashireTown said:

B.Phillips? I believe he was on a photo yesterday that a fitness page uploaded but soon deleted when realising there was players on it who hadn’t be confirmed.

Wasn't one of the 2 I meant but he is supposed to be signing

3 minutes ago, scott said:

Ruairi McGoff did play for town when Veivers was here. Charlo signed him before stepping down ahead of the 2014 season, veivers then took over and his first game in charge was against barrow when we won 6-8 and McGoff was playing..

Ha right said on wiki he joined barrow  2012 after he played for town

Ruairi was not a bad player and will certainly boost the haven pack,He was never given a chance by Veivers but i think played for Barrow.I remember watching him playing for Canada v USA against a big american side and performed well,Charlo will know how to use him and if he snags big Brett philips has well they are going to be a big threat in our Division1,I can see them making a stake for the top spot..

7 minutes ago, donald said:

I believe you pal wikis not always right ???

Wasn't he one of several Barrovians who signed at the time? Carter, both Finches, Holt, Kaigan, and Pedly. All went back to Barrow when Holt was player coach. Vanished in no time. Shame really, as Kaighan and Pedley were good la'al players

9 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Wasn't he one of several Barrovians who signed at the time? Carter, both Finches, Holt, Kaigan, and Pedly. All went back to Barrow when Holt was player coach. Vanished in no time. Shame really, as Kaighan and Pedley were good la'al players

Liam finch was the better of the finch brothers. kaigan was brilliant as was pedley shame he was injury prone with his shoulder and holt produced the best drop out ive ever seen.

17 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Kaighan was asked by charlo this year if he fancies haven said he hadn't played league for 4 years so said no

20 minutes ago, havenhater said:

What's our 17 then in people's eyes?

With a winger (say usa) and back up hooker i think we look outstanding on paper.

off the top of my head I would go with..

1-Fieldhouse

2-Mellor

3-Miller

4-Singleton

5-Hambley

6-Forber

7-Doran

8-Wilkes

9-Penky

10-Scholey

11-Tickle

12-G Maudling

13-Olstrum

14-Dawson

15-Curwen

16-Litherland

17- anyone in the crowd who can pass a ball from dummy half

7 minutes ago, Town93 said:

1-Fieldhouse

2-Mellor

3-Miller

4-Singleton

5-Hambley

6-Forber

7-Doran

8-Wilkes

9-Penky

10-Scholey

11-Tickle

12-G Maudling

13-Olstrum

14-Dawson

15-Curwen

16-Litherland

So no confidence in Kurt Maudling then? ??

3 hours ago, Town93 said:

1-Fieldhouse

2-Mellor

3-Miller

4-Singleton

5-Hambley

6-Forber

7-Doran

8-Wilkes

9-Penky

10-Scholey

11-Tickle

12-G Maudling

13-Olstrum

14-Dawson

15-Curwen

16-Litherland

I dont think that will be far from what we play but would be tempted to switch scholey and tickle around

5 hours ago, troutmaster said:

Ruairi was not a bad player and will certainly boost the haven pack,He was never given a chance by Veivers but i think played for Barrow.I remember watching him playing for Canada v USA against a big american side and performed well,Charlo will know how to use him and if he snags big Brett philips has well they are going to be a big threat in our Division1,I can see them making a stake for the top spot..

Haven are getting Brett Phillips marra he’s a player I’ve admired for a long time and hopefully the break from the game will have got him ready and firing again he’s been looking sharp in training 

Archived