Haven reaction

town4me

The game was winnable today,but with patched up players and only 3 on the bench it was ultimately too big an ask. General consensus seems to be that the powers that be are not just alienating the supporters but also disrespecting the players by asking them to perform under those circumstances. Even I couldn't stick up for Buffer today- he had a mare of a game. Only thing I can say in his defence is that he's getting married tomorrow. Maybe that's why he was dropping off the TACKLE ! Donald- do you know who the drunken gob###te was who abusing Ellen and the other Town lasses after the match? I had a serious word with him and he clearly only gets off on mixing it with women. They tell me he teaches at West Lakes College.

missed some simple kicks. Although i noticed more pressure was put on him organising as sammut took more of a backseat in that aspect today.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thankful Chris is there to be honest but it's not good enough for him to have too to be honest, him and tee should be a few games here and there not the only choices! Sorry but With them lads we are gonna get relegated, also disappointed in verlinden to be honest, hardly been in

so you'd blame the wingers this season when  the forwards are getting bossed by every team and the middle of the park leaks like a sieve ? how many wins with the other wingers ?  nil ..its not a wing problem .

To be fair, tooth ache can be excruciatingly painful and painkillers don't really do anything, let's hope callum and verlinden are back for monday and loans can be sourced asap. Sometimes you need your lowest ebb to step up and come out fighting. We asked for pride in the shirt win or lose so respect to all involved today and that is all we ever ask. Good effort.

To be fair, tooth ache can be excruciatingly painful and painkillers don't really do anything, let's hope callum and verlinden are back for monday and loans can be sourced asap. Sometimes you need your lowest ebb to step up and come out fighting. We asked for pride in the shirt win or lose so respect to all involved today and that is all we ever ask. Good effort.

its horrible. But is it worse than stack playing with a busted shoulder and more than likely putting himself out for even longer. Ive had wisdom tooth pain and still had to go and work my shifts. If someone really wanted to play then they could do.

..... Weve left ourselves so short its embarrasing.

The start of the season was embarrassing enough but to still be in this state now is getting hard to bear. Too much to ask of players and fans.

The start of the season was embarrassing enough but to still be in this state now is getting hard to bear. Too much to ask of players and fans.

its been the same for the last 4 years. And as i said the people who suffer the most are lads who do pull the shirt on a sunday.

its horrible. But is it worse than stack playing with a busted shoulder and more than likely putting himself out for even longer. Ive had wisdom tooth pain and still had to go and work my shifts. If someone really wanted to play then they could do.

If the truth been known today then nobody on this forum would be having a go at anyone pulling on a Town shirt today

Stack,Karl,Mossop,Hulme,Sammut all should have missed that game today . I bet Jason is sore after that effort really tremendous effort. 

If the truth been known today then nobody on this forum would be having a go at anyone pulling on a Town shirt today

Stack,Karl,Mossop,Hulme,Sammut all should have missed that game today . I bet Jason is sore after that effort really tremendous effort.

no ones had a go at the lads who did play though mate. I think the general consensus is the lads have been let down by not having numbers to back them up. 3 of those listed picked more injuries that will keep them out a while as well.and you could tell sammut wasnt right by his lack of involvement in the 1st half.

Karl and Jarrad played through the pain barrier today and shouldn't have been out there- resulting ,no doubt in even longer on the sidelines. I'm reminded of Eric Prescott the G.B.prop who played most of a Test match against the Aussies with a badly broken arm-no subs back then. As for toothache -if it's true -I'm not buying it. There are painkillers that at least take the edge off as l know from recent experience-I finally had it extracted without anaesthetic-just wanted to get out of that chair a.s.a.p.   

It's about time the board came out and told us what is going on at the club and why we are in this position and what they're going to do about it. They're happy to have their backs slapped when things are going well, they should be men enough to accept the criticism and address the issues. I know for a fact that at least 2 of them have user accounts for this forum but no doubt we will get the usual wall if silence. Then they'll be moaning next week when crowds dip to 500. Being proactive us an alien concept to this club.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

The game was winnable today,but with patched up players and only 3 on the bench it was ultimately too big an ask. General consensus seems to be that the powers that be are not just alienating the supporters but also disrespecting the players by asking them to perform under those circumstances. Even I couldn't stick up for Buffer today- he had a mare of a game. Only thing I can say in his defence is that he's getting married tomorrow. Maybe that's why he was dropping off the TACKLE !          Donald- do you know who the drunken gob###te was who abusing Ellen and the other Town lasses after the match? I had a serious word with him and he clearly only gets off on mixing it with women. They tell me he teaches at West Lakes College.

If it's who I think it is he used to teach at St Joseph's ,I think he is at the college now mind,total embarrassment and should know better.

Was expecting a thrashing, thankful it didn't end up as one... just hope there are enough to field a team on Monday...

I've got toothache at the moment and it's taken 4 days to get the pain bearable with painkillers and antibiotics!!!

Donald- do you know who the drunken gob###te was who abusing Ellen and the other Town lasses after the match? I had a serious word with him and he clearly only gets off on mixing it with women. They tell me he teaches at West Lakes College.

Surprise, surprise, yet another drunken Haven fan causing trouble....

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

The whole set up is the problem, my point is we could have won the game today with experienced finishing wingers the opportunities we had.

The forwards agreed as big as they are arnt scaring anyone

No loans will be done over the weekend maybe a draft from Cumbria storm and if Carter wasn't fit today he won't be fit Monday.

I didn't see a clear cut chance missed due to finishing on both wings ? but I saw space and the ball wasn't passed out twice .

and apart from sammut not one in field player would have scored if they played til monday but carry on the blame game instead of acknowledging a good effort in the circumstances .

If it's who I think it is he used to teach at St Joseph's ,I think he is at the college now mind,total embarrassment and should know better.

He was well out of order,saying some pretty disgusting stuff to the lasses who raise so much money for Town. When I offered to take up the argument on their behalf he bolted into the bar faster than 

Usain Bolt . Hope his missuss doesn't have to wash his kecks tonight. 

I would maybe get a dvd of the game then? Ritson got put in touch a yard out and there was at least 2 chances bombed on the other side also right on the line, that was in the second half alone

I saw that in the corner , wasn't he just up and hobbling from a second heavy fall on the same first half injury and had two men to beat ? clear cut ? never he could hardly put the foot down but battled on to save being down to 12 .

i thought the only reason we lost today was a lack of composure near the line and often took the wrong option.....passing when we could have dropped the shoulder and slid in.... and going alone when players were free outside them ....we did this with players injured , with only one man on the bench for the majority of the game , with carl having an off day with the boot ,and playing without both first choice hookers ....despite this i thought we stuck to the game plan , made very few errors , our pack constantly made yards and i still thought at 12-6 we could win......jack was on the end of 2 poor calls....one when he sliced through first half only to be brought back for obstruction/sheparding , no one appealed for anything where i was stood ....and 2 when the ref/linesman gave that knock on off the kick that  saw haven score straight from the scrum....he wasn t within a yard of knocking it on !.unlike one or two people i thought our pack was tremendous today considering we didn t have the needed inter changes . we were handicapped by jarrod having to play most of the game wide out left which left carl trying to do it all in the middle....he must have had the ball in his hands upwards of 40 times in the first half , i think jarrod handled it 4 times .....i hope this performance kills dead the idea we are not fit , the boys ran themselves into the ground today . UP THE TOWN.

He was well out of order,saying some pretty disgusting stuff to the lasses who raise so much money for Town. When I offered to take up the argument on their behalf he bolted into the bar faster than 

Usain Bolt . Hope his missuss doesn't have to wash his kecks tonight. 

Worrying as well SS, no wonder the kids are like they are, he should know better.

Archived