today

Robin  Evans

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we reckon it will be Sam Day going the other way? Surely by spending money on a new hooker, that must mean that Sharpie has no intention of playing Say this year, so the lad should move on and play elsewhere. You have to respect Sharp's judgement, but Sam Day is far too good to be playing second team rugby and should be able to get a game with a first team somewhere.....especially at the next level down.

Same could be said for Kyran Johnson as well. Assuming Ash Handley is recalls to the Rhinos this week, if Johnson doesn't play on the wing, that sends out a clear message from Sharp about his future at the club as well. He's another one that is of the age now where he needs to be playing rugby week in week out in a first team somewhere and would do well in the next division down.

This is the issue with DR. It makes good business sense for the club, who have a small squad, but must be rubbish for fringe players, who won't have a clue whether they are coming or going. I have seen comments on here saying that they need to take their chance, but Sam Day done nowt wrong when he has stepped up and Johnson made a few errors in bad conditions against Leeds, but other than that has done well and scored tries, so not sure what else these lads could have done in the pre-season games.

Do we reckon it will be Sam Day going the other way? Surely by spending money on a new hooker, that must mean that Sharpie has no intention of playing Say this year, so the lad should move on and play elsewhere. You have to respect Sharp's judgement, but Sam Day is far too good to be playing second team rugby and should be able to get a game with a first team somewhere.....especially at the next level down.

Same could be said for Kyran Johnson as well. Assuming Ash Handley is recalls to the Rhinos this week, if Johnson doesn't play on the wing, that sends out a clear message from Sharp about his future at the club as well. He's another one that is of the age now where he needs to be playing rugby week in week out in a first team somewhere and would do well in the next division down.

This is the issue with DR. It makes good business sense for the club, who have a small squad, but must be rubbish for fringe players, who won't have a clue whether they are coming or going. I have seen comments on here saying that they need to take their chance, but Sam Day done nowt wrong when he has stepped up and Johnson made a few errors in bad conditions against Leeds, but other than that has done well and scored tries, so not sure what else these lads could have done in the pre-season games.

Sorry but you have absolutely no idea how there doing, we are only seeing them in the odd game, i know for a fact 1 of the players that wasnt getting a game last year and everyone saying he should was because every training sesh he would pull up with a mystery injury, or not turn up training because of a mystery injury, and pull out of games same reason. Not saying thats what the lads you mention are like but Sharpe will have his reasons fans are only seeing a small % of there character / ability, sharpe sees the whole 100 % he knows what hes doing

fair enough, good luck to the lad. he's a good prospect.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

He's staying at York, Fev offered to double his money bet he said no, he's a loyal lad and we at York are glad he's staying, good luck for rest of season.

Great to see loyalty (even if it means us missing out) say's a lot about his character but you can't blame us for trying

All the best for the season

Forza Fev

Like i have stated in previous posts he probably just enjoys playing rugby league without added pressure.If he was good enough to make his debut at seventeen it answers a doubt i had of why he has not moved up to a championship club or super league squad as he must have the potential .Good luck to him in future.

Don't know what the future holds for the fev squad...

But if any player anywhere at any level can make a successful mix of playing RL and teacher training... he should be considered extraordinary at the very leat. ..

Purely from a selfish point of view I'd love to see Andy back in a fev shirt...

But mixing with PGCE???? That's a big ask... huge!

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Archived