Union world cup

rockerlad

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone like both codes? I do. Domestically RL is way better than RU but internationally RU is quality. I can't see past New Zealand for the wos cup but I think England have a decent chance.

rockerlad RU is not quality , you are so wrong here. Well apart from the  New Zealand Rugby Union team, they have always been a Rugby League team in a Rugby Union game, that's why they are the best , over the years.

The game is all hype and kick and clap , it don't matter if there is no try's scored , kicks for points will do , and the ref's making decisions up as they go. The only reason England won the world cup was Johnny Wilkinson was the best goalkicker on the planet , so England won the world cup on that day.

Listen to what David M , says on your forum , he rocks more than you do rockerlad, what with you liking kick and clap ######.

All down to personal taste I'm afraid.

I watched the Wigan v saints game on tv and had the RU on the iPad

Chalk and cheese in my opinion - end to end stuff in the RL game while the RU game was slow and quite boring, typical play safe opening game that you would normally see in the football World Cup.

I'm not gonna castiguise people if they prefer RU, that's up to them, but I wish we had the RU marketeers promoting our game as our product is far superior on the field in every way, but alas we will always play second fiddle to RU in the northern hemisphere unlike down under where RL is king!

Yeah that last round of 6 nations games last season were shockingly poor

Indeed amazing stuff! I guess we're lucky in that there is more sport for us to enjoy.Oh and unless its a genuine turkish kebab give me Michelin 5* any day as long as someone else is paying

Do you seriously believe those figures for Union? They claim 1990988 "registered players" split between 1809 clubs according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rugby_union_playing_countries

So that gives an average of 1100 registered players per club.....I very much doubt those figures as being true.

Sport England produce accurate figures upon which they base their funding distribution. I would look on their website for better data for both sports if you want it.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

All down to personal taste I'm afraid.

I watched the Wigan v saints game on tv and had the RU on the iPad

Chalk and cheese in my opinion - end to end stuff in the RL game while the RU game was slow and quite boring, typical play safe opening game that you would normally see in the football World Cup.

I'm not gonna castiguise people if they prefer RU, that's up to them, but I wish we had the RU marketeers promoting our game as our product is far superior on the field in every way, but alas we will always play second fiddle to RU in the northern hemisphere unlike down under where RL is king!

RL is a professional game run by amateur people.

They had their chance before RU turned pro and they missed the boat but even at the time RU was an amateur sport run by professionals.

The sad fact is that RL will never catch union and they'd be better fixed concentrating on areas where it's popular rather than throw money at areas it isn't and never will be.

It was a fantastic game. 13th ranked side beating 3rd ranked. To put into perspective, thats like canada beating england (rugby league).

Thats for me where the union game offers more internationally. The union internationals are more competative games.

Its as rare in union as league though, you only have to look at the blow outs in the last union world cup.

I didn't think I would enjoy it but the Japan game was amazing. There was plenty of running rugby and a fairytale finish. It was one of the best games I have ever seen.

By the way credit to your forum for having this thread. I had a comment deleted on the general rl forum purely because it was union related.

Their loss because there are very interesting and well made points here.

Good luck in the play offs.

It was a fantastic game. 13th ranked side beating 3rd ranked. To put into perspective, thats like canada beating england (rugby league).

Thats for me where the union game offers more internationally. The union internationals are more competative games.

Watched the first half and it was appalling entertainment. Push over tries are soooo exiting.  Cant comment on the second half cause I went and watched the NRL Semis instead

Archived