Pics from Truck 11

2695013771_0323fb7d70.jpg

The Lemonheads aka Evan Dando

2695009137_84144405bc.jpg

Random cool hippy

2695051971_9289e8d577.jpg

Laura Marling

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26299928@N07/...57606328811132/

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I genuinly don't want to be vicious here but;

How much is a good photo down to a persons 'ability' and your ability to photoshop?

There is no substitute for a good photo. Software will enhance but poor composition etc will still be an issue.

How much is a good photo down to a persons 'ability' and your ability to photoshop?

Well, firstly one has to be able to use photoshop. :dry:

But it's unlikely it will save a 'bad' photo although it might make it more interesting.

There's no difference to me between what's done in Photoshop now and what's been done in post-processing since the dawn of photography.

Very, very few images are exactly what the camera saw.

That said, without the camera taking the pictures for me, I'd be flucked.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I genuinly don't want to be vicious here but;

I agree with Red Willow and GJ, you can make a good photo look great with photoshop, (but you have to take a good photo first) but you can't improve it if its rubbish. This is an original photo I took a few weeks back (just been reduced in size to fit on here, nothin else changed).

IMG_7208a.jpg

This is how it looked after I photoshopped it, I think the second one looks better than the original, with less than a minutes work.

IMG_7208b.jpg

And don't forget, all these old black and white and early colour masterpieces have all been 'photoshopped' by the standards of their time, only it wasn't called photoshop, it was called 'dark room processes'.

Having said that, you can still get a first timer taking a cracking shot, and I'm sure some of the pro photographers on here, Sussex Vic and Gary Coyle, will tell you they still take some howlers.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Apparently 60% of photoshop users are working with a pirated copy. Who on here has forked out for it? :D

me

but the software I get with my cameras is usually pretty good anyway and I often use that

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

That said, without the camera taking the pictures for me, I'd be flucked.

A decent pro or competition judge with a magnifying glass can tell whether you used an expensive camera and lens combi or a "cheap" one, and he's gonna plump for the expensive one every time because firstly, yes, it will have taken a marginally technically better quality picture and secondly he has to justify having spent thousands of pounds on kit himself.

So if I ain't got 3 grand to spend on an EOS1 what's the point?

Apparently 60% of photoshop users are working with a pirated copy. Who on here has forked out for it? :D

Erm..... :ph34r:

My new 450D landed last night, yay, bye bye 400D!! :)

Whitehaven RLFC - Still in NL1, I blame Leroy Joe

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

All Hail King Gerremonside I

Use Elements, no need for the full version.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Erm..... :ph34r:

My new 450D landed last night, yay, bye bye 400D!! :)

my new D80 landed this morning after what I consider an unreasonable delay

battery warming up as I write

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

D80, nice!! :) (apart from it being a Nikon obviously!! ;) )

We should organise a TRL photography outing at some point, could be a laugh, non?? :unsure:

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

Free concert outside the National Theatre, part of their Watch This Space programme:

2720611352_6e215c8d11.jpg

2720610326_b30a58172e.jpg

2720609224_d15e3ec061.jpg

Had a 400D for about 6 months but only recently started trying to use it 'properly'. Now acquired photoshop. Somehow think I'm going to be rather busy for the forseeable future trying to put it all together - decent piccies to start with and then seeing what else I can do with them.

Will post my first efforts shortly.

Get a copy of Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson (sp.). A great book to get you away from the cameras Auto modes. :)

Candlestick Chimney

Get a copy of Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson (sp.). A great book to get you away from the cameras Auto modes. :)

Awaiting delivery, due Monday, along with Canon400D for Dummies. Although not a total novice and I can work out of Auto mode (with instruction book to hand) decided to, as the song says, start at the very beginning.

Off to Leigh to watch the GB v Oz Masters this afternoon so will see what I can get. After all, the speed is a little slower....

Well you seem to have so much time on your hands with 2 small children, plus all your photos recently have been of the streets :rolleyes:

:P

Photos mainly taken during lunchtime or on my way home!