Uninteresting Trivial Facts

This seems to be a very succesful example of carefully targeted leafleting.  

Stable doors, horses ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

My car failed its MoT today.  Headlights work but one is loose on a broken bracket and both don't self-adjust properly.  Garage quoted £2000 to replace both.  Ah well... I suppose it's long past the time when I abandon the main dealer and go to an independent.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

My car failed its MoT today. Headlights work but one is loose on a broken bracket and both don't self-adjust properly. Garage quoted £2000 to replace both. Ah well... I suppose it's long past the time when I abandon the main dealer and go to an independent.

What model Bentley is it?

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

What model Bentley is it?

It's actually the wife's car.  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2.  Lovely car and is probably the best winter driving car I've ever driven.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

You said it was your car. Now you say it's your wife's. I won't believe another word you write. And nor will my band.

I got rid of my car back in 2011 after we realised it was so rarely used with me being in London for work all the time. The TT is definitely the wife's but I do all the grunt work of maintaining it.

It's quite convoluted the reason but it's basically cos Little Ginger (who is now eight needs support at school and we're having to move to make sure he gets it.

Plus, the vegan brewery.

Edited by gingerjon

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Nice enough but in the wrong side of Sussex. West is best......

Back to square one now the person we were to be renting from has 'suddenly' discovered she can't actually afford to move anyway.

Offer more rent?

Sadly, that wouldn't make a difference.  She's an old biddy who was moving to a new house and renting out her old one.  She could only afford to do it (it transpires) if she over-valued the house she was currently in to give her a smaller cash requirement on the new one.  Yesterday, her mortgage surveyor came round and knocked about 25% off the price she'd valued the house at.  There are various other factors but that's the key one and it means she's had to pull out of the deal and stay put.

Sadly, that wouldn't make a difference.  She's an old biddy who was moving to a new house and renting out her old one.  She could only afford to do it (it transpires) if she over-valued the house she was currently in to give her a smaller cash requirement on the new one.  Yesterday, her mortgage surveyor came round and knocked about 25% off the price she'd valued the house at.  There are various other factors but that's the key one and it means she's had to pull out of the deal and stay put.

Well there will be others no doubt.  It may just take a bit of time.  Moving is never easy, I absolutely hate it, but you have a good reason to do it sooner rather than later so I'm sure it'll happen before long.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,