Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Lakeland stuff is generally pretty good, so this is a surprise.

Yep, their customer service is usually exceptional as well so I'll return the things tomorrow for a refund.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

My daughter camped out on The Great Wall of China last night!!

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I made my first ever steak pie for tea tonight. Lovely stuff. Probably the best food I've made myself.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Are you cool enough?

Not even close.

Just asked for a pint. The bar had no pint glasses.

I got my beer in two halves.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The time it takes the International Space Station to travel 1000 miles is the same time as it takes to play the Proclaimers "500 miles" song in its original, unedited length from end to end.  (The song is 3m 30s long and the ISS travels 7.66 km/s)

I had eggs benedict for lunch at a little cafe in Lindley yesterday and it was superb.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Today my ex best mate has become an Australian.

Corrected it for you.  This treachery must not stand...

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

AOL.

I want to kill someone in their Indian Call Centre.

Anyone will do.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Do they still exist? The technology provider that is the evolutionary equivalent of two tin cans and a piece of string. :D 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

The best and quickest way to de-waterproof a waterproof jacket is to embroider it! *shakes head in disbelief*

A friend's wife put his brand new Barbour waxed jacket in the washing machine because it "smelled a bit".  It smelled a bit better after the wash but completely defeated the purpose of buying a waxed jacket. :P

A friend's wife put his brand new Barbour waxed jacket in the washing machine because it "smelled a bit".  It smelled a bit better after the wash but completely defeated the purpose of buying a waxed jacket. :P

When waxed jackets were popular in the 80's a GF had hers re-waxed, it looked like new, even though it was about 8 years old by then