Uninteresting Trivial Facts

I also remember my 18th birthday party (friends version at a nightclub, not the family version) my dad turned up and started dancing with some of the girls.  I all bar called him a dirty, senile old pervert.  He was 38 at the time.

I didn't know your dad was Silvio Berlusconi! :O

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I didn't know your dad was Silvio Berlusconi! :O

That's how I see him in my memory at the time but looking back at family photos of the time he looks younger than I do now :(

He's still a dirty old sod though, his latest girlfriend is 33 or 36 (or something like that, my brain refuses to sensibly store that sort of information) even though he's now 62. 

Although, if pressed, I will admit that there's a bit of jealousy in there that he still has undiminished pulling power into his 60s.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just had a little potter on the common behind us with the cats and I'm still ill - Hurry up with the MRI then I know what I'm dealing with

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Just had a little potter on the common behind us with the cats and I'm still ill - Hurry up with the MRI then I know what I'm dealing with

I've lost the smileys on here but imagine there's one with just the right amount of concern on it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Only in Britain will you see police arrest right wing nutjobs and anti-fascist nutjobs then put them on a double decker bus waiting for transport to the end destination of the police station.

Today seems to be full of angry people being angry about things.  I'm not too sure that many of them really care about their causes but just like being angry people.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I've lost the smileys on here but imagine there's one with just the right amount of concern on it.

ta hun x

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

There's a little button to switch TRL emoticons on. It's the top left one on the ribbon at the top of the posting box

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Hope everything works out and it's just a temporary blip.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Hope everything works out and it's just a temporary blip.

thank you x

I just uploaded 3.2GB of data to my company website from home in under 12 minutes.  it doesn't seem too long ago that I was grumbling about downloading more than 20MB of data as it'd trash my internet connection and take too long.

It should be interesting when kids celebrate these new GSCE's scores;

"Yay, I got 5 1's, 4 2's, 3 3's and 1 4."

It's daft... numerical ratings are just about OK if you have 1 as high then 8 as low as you can just about infer that without a qualifier, to have 8 as the high score will need a qualifier against that score.  If someone said to me that they got a grade 8 in their GCSE for a subject and I didn't know 8 was high then I'd be thinking about why they'd be revealing an abysmal result.  I don't see the problem with letter scores, an A is an A, that is unless the qualification has been degraded so much that the top score is A*****!*!*!!*+++ and a simple A is a marginal pass.

It's daft... numerical ratings are just about OK if you have 1 as high then 8 as low as you can just about infer that without a qualifier, to have 8 as the high score will need a qualifier against that score.  If someone said to me that they got a grade 8 in their GCSE for a subject and I didn't know 8 was high then I'd be thinking about why they'd be revealing an abysmal result.  I don't see the problem with letter scores, an A is an A, that is unless the qualification has been degraded so much that the top score is A*****!*!*!!*+++ and a simple A is a marginal pass.

I thought the proposals were 1 being top. Although I didn't hear whether it was/wasn't.

I suppose it's the same as music Grades then?

They should use colours like martial arts.

Happy birthday to Gene Wilder, who is 80 :O today.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I thought the proposals were 1 being top. Although I didn't hear whether it was/wasn't.

I suppose it's the same as music Grades then?

They should use colours like martial arts.

8 is the high score, the idea is that you can add up all your scores to get a nice overall mark at GCSE level of education.  In a few years, they'll probably add 9, 10, 11 and 12 point scores to help show that educational standards are still increasing...

At home today, I just went to put the RU Lions game on in the background but hit delete by accident.  I'm fairly convinced my subconscious took over, gave me a mental slap and hit delete before I could watch it.

Please don't post spoilers on here, I may watch the game later on a highlights version..