Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Random internet link of the day

On 10/04/2020 at 14:19, Futtocks said:

This is the bit that tickled me, had a quiet giggle ... "The Rafale-B's command ejection system is meant to fire both seats if one of the crew pulls the handle. A very confused pilot, however, was still sitting in his newly canopy-free Rafale wondering what the hell had just happened. He returned to land, conscious all the time that the seat could fire at any moment without warning."

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

'We considered ourselves dead': the explosive tale of Mad Max's rocket car. Quite a read, and not even the most dangerous stunt in the movie. You may well wonder what the hell they were thinking.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

• Haha 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

John Carpenter meets claymation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

BBC empty sets collection - for your online meetings.

And yes @John Drake , there is a selection of TARDIS interiors. Or Blake's Seven interiors, if you prefer.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

And yes @John Drake , there is a selection of TARDIS interiors. Or Blake's Seven interiors, if you prefer.

Unfortunately I can only hit “like” once. One bazillionty interweb points to you, sir. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Magnificent!

The eagle-eyed will notice that if you choose the Liberator from Blake's 7, you get the crew included too. ?

8 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Magnificent!

The eagle-eyed will notice that if you choose the Liberator from Blake's 7, you get the crew included too. ?

Shame they couldn't get an empty set shot of the Liberator's bridge - you can't pretend to be Avon if the real thing's looming behind you.

• Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/10/the-ultimate-quiz-from-this-week-in-sports-history

I thought the Guardian was a British newspaper, most of this quiz seem to be about Australian sports/men/women

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

42 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/may/10/the-ultimate-quiz-from-this-week-in-sports-history

I thought the Guardian was a British newspaper, most of this quiz seem to be about Australian sports/men/women

The quiz is in the "Australia Sport" section of the website.

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The quiz is in the "Australia Sport" section of the website.

If you click on "Rugby League" it's all NRL.

2 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

If you click on "Rugby League" it's all NRL.

I've noticed that in the past too.

• Thanks 1

On miniclip.com 8 ball pool I am a level 22, I was playing a level 122 and I had just the black ball to pot for the best win of my life.

Then my wireless mouse played up, and fluffed the shot by releasing too early, and I lost. Change of battery & I'm back to 'normal' (well, what passes for it).

Michael Barrymore does a cover of the theme tune to The Family Ness.

IMG-20200501-WA0000.jpg

Australian Parliamentary Language. Not big, not clever. :kolobok_biggrin: