James Graham is off to Australia

The more the merrier for me. Perhaps we can produce a tough inner core for the England team. Then we may stand a chance of at least running the Aussies close if not beating them in a series. That's what happened in the late eighties early nineties. With our top players playing in Oz we came within a whisker of beating them in series several times. I suppose Jamie Peacock is too old now, but I think he (and we) would have benefitted from his going to Oz from the Bulls instead of Leeds.

Perhaps Tomkins and Eastmond could be next?

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Sam burgess has gone so well over here - everyone from coaches to media guys can't stop raving about him - that it wouldn't surprise me if more follow.

Think it will be good for England too. Ellis said before that playing over here removed that fear of the Aussies, and he's realised they're only human.

So hopefully we'll beat them soon :-)

The more the merrier for me. Perhaps we can produce a tough inner core for the England team. Then we may stand a chance of at least running the Aussies close if not beating them in a series. That's what happened in the late eighties early nineties. With our top players playing in Oz we came within a whisker of beating them in series several times. I suppose Jamie Peacock is too old now, but I think he (and we) would have benefitted from his going to Oz from the Bulls instead of Leeds.

Peacock has already played in Australia and did ok.

Sam burgess has gone so well over here - everyone from coaches to media guys can't stop raving about him - that it wouldn't surprise me if more follow.

Think it will be good for England too. Ellis said before that playing over here removed that fear of the Aussies, and he's realised they're only human.

So hopefully we'll beat them soon :-)

see he's been on ready steady cook - none of the Aussies get on progs like that over here :P:D

pic link

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Good luck to James Graham, he should do very well. Wonder if he'll sport a beard to give Brad Meyers a run for his money?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

great to see james graham making the move, or potentially making the move.. but think he'll be a slow burner.. burgess and ellis ahve been outstanding in their first seasons.. think graham may take a little more time to make an impact.. but dont have any doubts that he will make an impact.. would like to see shenton and eastmond have a go over there in the next few years..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I think if there were to be a major change in results England needs a couple of backs in the NRL. Preferably a half (Tomkins or Eastmond) and somebody who could be developed into a great centre.

will they let him in australia ?

. i mean with that ginger hair he could cause problems given that ginger people tend to be a bit undisiplined and of course his bulk would cause problems on the plane over .

at least he wont need to take both parents with him i suppose.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.

does life get any better .

It's my opinion that Eastmond would be played at fullback here, and for that reason (strength of depth at fullback in the NRL), there would be very little interest in him.

EDIT: Tomkins I would have at the Raiders in a second.

Edited by CGD

see he's been on ready steady cook - none of the Aussies get on progs like that over here :P:D

pic link

Gordon Brown (the Scottish Union player not the PM) appeared on a sports chat show in Oz in the eighties with Andy Gregory - Brown was a bit miffed to find that Gregory was the main guest - Brown had never heard of him. :dry:

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

It's my opinion that Eastmond would be played at fullback here, and for that reason (strength of depth at fullback in the NRL), there would be very little interest in him.

EDIT: Tomkins I would have at the Raiders in a second.

On-form Eastmond is just as good as the likes of Soward. He just needs to learn how to be a play-maker. Although I think we need Backs of Eastmond & Sam Tomkins quality to stay in England for the good of the Super League.

Edited by HappyDave

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

why wait till the end of next season?

and we really needs some back to have a crack....do a mark flanagan...go on loan or something,if they make it great if they don't they'll have learned alot and come back better players...

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

why wait till the end of next season?

and we really needs some back to have a crack....do a mark flanagan...go on loan or something,if they make it great if they don't they'll have learned alot and come back better players...

Much as I wouldn't like Tomkins to leave Wigan I do agree with the sentiment of this post.

SQL Minor Stupidship winner 2011, 2012

Stupid Grand Champion 2012

Challenged Cup Winner 2013

Good luck to James Graham, he should do very well. Wonder if he'll sport a beard to give Brad Meyers a run for his money?

I'd be more impressed if he went for a 'Kirk Reynoldson' style effort :D

_41801880_kirk270.jpg

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

He may not be the biggest Prop Forward but he's still a damn good Prop so why do Rugby League fans has to be so damn negative? I absolutely hate the negative BS of RL fans. Is it just when players are on opposition teams to the one the support? Can't they just wish him the best of luck? Jeez!

I think there was a comment about him apparently crapping himself when Senior faced up to him. I'm guessing he's probably a few stone heavier than Senior but there are just some Backs you just don't mess with be they G.I., Senior or 'Scrappy Doo'. So, fair play to him on that front.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

He may not be the biggest Prop Forward but he's still a damn good Prop so why do Rugby League fans has to be so damn negative? I absolutely hate the negative BS of RL fans. Is it just when players are on opposition teams to the one the support? Can't they just wish him the best of luck? Jeez!

I think there was a comment about him apparently crapping himself when Senior faced up to him. I'm guessing he's probably a few stone heavier than Senior but there are just some Backs you just don't mess with be they G.I., Senior or 'Scrappy Doo'. So, fair play to him on that front.

I'm not Graham's biggest fan, but he would go well down in Oz. He would possibly have to change his game slightly but he is clever and tough enough to do that.

With regards to him bottling it, perhaps he just didn't want to get binned. These days you rarely see players stand up and fight as it will inevitably end up with them having a 10m break. That doesn't mean that these players are cowards or bottling it, they are probably being pretty sensible.

Biff is still part-&-parcel of league but if you aren't a hothead & can avoid a fight it's best to.

Who was the player the other day who put the forearm/elbow of the guy he tackled the when the 'tacklee' (?) push him away then swung a few punches before diving behind his Prop? That sort of cowardous in a fight is pure comedy gold.

Why does an opinion you don't agree with qualify as BS?

Okay, fair enough. Sorry. It was just a generalisation really but what did you mean by 'found out'??