Did you see it?

Vic Johnson

Well done Batley. A great victory. Did you see the report on 'Look North' this morning? or on the local 'Calendar' news. Did you see the pictures of the players rejoicing and holding up the cup? NO. Not a word! Not a mention! Once again the RFL has missed out on a wonderful opportunity to spread the good word about Rugby League. They should have been knocking on the doors of the stations. Where is the publicity team? What a shower they are.

Featherstone Rovers-a Super league club in waiting. It's time to let us in.

The saddest thing is Vic, most people won't even be surprised. In all the time i've watched RL the publicity dept (if there is one) have missed countless opportunities to push forward our sport and it's top stars.

"FEVVED UP AND RARING TO GO"

Well done Batley. A great victory. Did you see the report on 'Look North' this morning? or on the local 'Calendar' news. Did you see the pictures of the players rejoicing and holding up the cup? NO. Not a word! Not a mention! Once again the RFL has missed out on a wonderful opportunity to spread the good word about Rugby League. They should have been knocking on the doors of the stations. Where is the publicity team? What a shower they are.

I seen your double page spread in the rugby paper though :-)

Featherstone Rovers: league champions 2010...

hear hear

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Busy counting their inflated wage packets, as per the RL paper today. Disgusting state of affairs.

Thought in these hard times, all rises of this magnitude would have to be justified and I for one just can't see any whatsoever!!

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Was on Calendar news day of match. Match repeated on Sky today. But my main gripe is that when they have sport reports after the news we are never mentioned.

Rugby League is terrible at marketing!! I saw 3 excellent games of Rugby League this weekend, by far the best sporting entertainment around but very little national recognition. People are more interested in where footballers have gone on holiday!!

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Look North tonight was a disgrace. Harry Gration is allegedly honorary president of Batley (or some equally ###### made up honour). He should hang his head in shame - especially as he reckons to be an RL man through and through.

Vic, as you know you have not been watching Rugby league or Featherstone Rovers for that long (i stand corrected if im wrong) but this is nothing new, or as just come into fruition since the onslaught of Super League. Unfortunately the demise and lack of publicity for our great game started long before that. I remember on several occassions writing to both the BBC and Yorkshire Television in the 1980's about the very same as you are writing on this forum, the answers i received back were nothing short of pathetic, and to be honest i cannot see that changing. In my opinion we are seen as a minority sport and will be used to fill the gap on any news programme if theres nothing else of interest to report that day eg; A tankfull of fish drowned in water. Rugby League as always sold its self short and will continue to do so.

Im Fev and im proud

Vic, as you know you have not been watching Rugby league or Featherstone Rovers for that long (i stand corrected if im wrong) but this is nothing new, or as just come into fruition since the onslaught of Super League. Unfortunately the demise and lack of publicity for our great game started long before that. I remember on several occassions writing to both the BBC and Yorkshire Television in the 1980's about the very same as you are writing on this forum, the answers i received back were nothing short of pathetic, and to be honest i cannot see that changing. In my opinion we are seen as a minority sport and will be used to fill the gap on any news programme if theres nothing else of interest to report that day eg; A tankfull of fish drowned in water. Rugby League as always sold its self short and will continue to do so.

tbh Maureen, i don't think it's just rugby league, if it aint football they're not interested.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

tbh Maureen, i don't think it's just rugby league, if it aint football they're not interested.

Sorry but i dont agree with you totally on that score, ive seen Squash, Table Tennis and other sports mentioned on these programmes and not a word about Rugby even though there as been games played that day.

Im Fev and im proud

Rugby League is not treated seriously by the general public because of the stupid way the sport is run, i work with people from all over the country and the way the game is run baffles them. I will give you some eg: Hull merge with Gateshead, play in Hull and are called Hull and get given a million, Huddersfield merge with Sheffield move to Huddersfield and are called Huddersfield and get a million. Barrow merge with Carlisle Border raiders move to Barrow are called Barrow Raiders and get given nawt, Paris put in super league last 2 seasons then go bust, Celtic move to a new city. no one can get promoted or relegated, that really gets them. Even further back our great friend Maurice Lindsay sends half the squad home from the New Zealand leg of the tour as a cost cutting excercise turning the GB team into a laughing stock, the constant changing of the rules half way through seasons is another reason people cant take it seriously, there are many many more i can think of but cant be bothered to type. Our game seems to attract clowns running it and the money Woods gets paid is obscene its more than Championship clubs get, he is disgraceful, if it wasnt for loving Rovers i would never ever pay to watch another game as long as i live

Rugby League is not treated seriously by the general public because of the stupid way the sport is run, i work with people from all over the country and the way the game is run baffles them. I will give you some eg: Hull merge with Gateshead, play in Hull and are called Hull and get given a million, Huddersfield merge with Sheffield move to Huddersfield and are called Huddersfield and get a million. Barrow merge with Carlisle Border raiders move to Barrow are called Barrow Raiders and get given nawt, Paris put in super league last 2 seasons then go bust, Celtic move to a new city. no one can get promoted or relegated, that really gets them. Even further back our great friend Maurice Lindsay sends half the squad home from the New Zealand leg of the tour as a cost cutting excercise turning the GB team into a laughing stock, the constant changing of the rules half way through seasons is another reason people cant take it seriously, there are many many more i can think of but cant be bothered to type. Our game seems to attract clowns running it and the money Woods gets paid is obscene its more than Championship clubs get, he is disgraceful, if it wasnt for loving Rovers i would never ever pay to watch another game as long as i live

Well said Lowfield - some painful hometruths there.

Lets not forget, Featherstone Rovers is a RUGBY club.

Excellent post and like Jimmy B states some painful home truths, weve two debates going on here.

1. How the media covers Rugby League.

2. How Rugby League is run by the powers that be.

I was debating the media issue.

Im Fev and im proud

As a game the media has interest only in something that might sell newspapers. So perhaps the running of the Rugby Football League might make news. The farcical and inept way that the RFL expect every fan to accept their way of thinking, makes us ( as fans and as a game) seem total idiots. For instance would a Premier league football team which had financial problems be saved by merging it with another team, and then continue playing under it's original name ( after being given a Edited by Bob Fowler

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.

Excellent post and like Jimmy B states some painful home truths, weve two debates going on here.

1. How the media covers Rugby League.

2. How Rugby League is run by the powers that be.

I was debating the media issue.

The 2 run in tandem Mo, because if it was run better it would probably be covered better

I used to write letters to the BBC ITV even the Rugby League and it was garbage what they sent back their replies were what they thought you wanted to hear and like you I cant see that changing

I used to write letters to the BBC ITV even the Rugby League and it was garbage what they sent back their replies were what they thought you wanted to hear and like you I cant see that changing

Before the days of the computer. I wrote to the BBC Look North and the reply basically said that. "Not many pepole in Featherstone watch the programme, So why should we bother". The letter I then sent to BBC Head office, - well never even got a reply. That was 9 or 10 years ago. Never bothered since.

Sorry but i dont agree with you totally on that score, ive seen Squash, Table Tennis and other sports mentioned on these programmes and not a word about Rugby even though there as been games played that day.

You are right Mo after the general news they have the sports news. All the sports you mention were commented on. We weren't and never are. Taking a point about Harry Grayson. I wrote to him twice when he was secretary. Both times he replied with a personal letter. He is a RL man. He fell down when at a sportsman's dinner (Iwas there), he was making a speech and said that Rock Hudson's personal papers had been found (joke), unfortunately Maurice Lindley's Photo was found in them. Harry was gone in a short while from his job. Since then he doesn't seem to push us like he did. Still a nice bloke.

As a game the media has interest only in something that might sell newspapers. So perhaps the running of the Rugby Football League might make news. The farcical and inept way that the RFL expect every fan to accept their way of thinking, makes us ( as fans and as a game) seem total idiots. For instance would a Premier league football team which had financial problems be saved by merging it with another team, and then continue playing under it's original name ( after being given a

Come off it Bob. We have already got Stevo, Hemmings and Co.

Good reply Bob I forgot about that lot haha :D

To be a ROVER is a privilege not to be taken lightly, with fans like ours, we will always be honoured.