If Leeds then Sinfield, occasionally McGuire

If Saints then its Eastmond

If Hull and hes fit then Long

If Hull KR then its Dobson

For us its always Hodgson

Couldnt be bothered going down the reat of the teams

Regardless how any of em play to be honest

Could be a mile off but it normally seems to be the above most of the time

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Ben Westwood was the M.O.M by a country mile on Friday night versus Wigan.

A bloke said to me that Westwood is the finest second rower in the country at the moment and i could not disagree with him.

That bloke, whoever he is, is wrong.

Thanks.

Lazy analysis, it happens all the time. invariably a half back from the winning team will win mom just cos its the easy decision even if they have done a basic job.

hard working props often get moms for losing teams in the press.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Why????

Sky showed the stats of Westwood v Tomkins before the match on Friday. I know the game isn't played on paper, but Tomkins' stats were certainly quite a way ahead of Westwood's.

Meant feck all on Friday of course, when Westwood was far more dominant.

People called Romans they go the house

It depends what you look for.

Westwood was excellent on Friday and would have got my vote, but then a fair few of the forwards on each side had good games, especially when you look at how much defence each team had to do and some of the big hits that were going in.

The main difference though was when Briers did get involved things happened, and without him, we may have struggled to score, so you could say he was the difference.

Briers certainly wasn't the best player on the park, his pass to Mathers for Richards' try was not up to his usual standard and look what happened, his kicking from deep was very poor, and tbh I commented that he looked injured and he only got involved when he had to.

That said, his short kicking game was outstanding, and there was a spell late in the first half when he was terrorising the Wigan defence with the little kicks, which very nearly led to three tries.

The fact is that we could have this debate after every match where a forward doesn't get the award. They do far far more work than the backs and you could always put a case forward for a hard working 2nd rower.

For a start look who chooses the MOM in the S/L covered games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nuff said.

That other clown; Hemmings once said Quote: how can a player on the losing side be the MOM!!!

I do not believe that I have ever heard a dafter question asked on TV than that. He ought to look up the name of one Brian Gabbitas who shared the Lance Todd at Wembley, that from a losers prospective, to name but one.

However returning to Stevoe, how do you trust the judgement of a person recorded on SKY as stating that one player on scoring: had a lovely pair of BRAINS!! Nuff said, what? :wub:

Ben Westwood was the M.O.M by a country mile on Friday night versus Wigan.

A bloke said to me that Westwood is the finest second rower in the country at the moment and i could not disagree with him.

there is no such thing as 'the' man of the match, although like you I would have voted for him.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

there is no such thing as 'the' man of the match, although like you I would have voted for him.

I sort of agree with that, though sometimes, whilst all players efforts are equal some are, perhaps, more equal than others?

I can't understand Eddie's attitude about the winner coming from the losing team either to be honest, and on sky this usually only occurs when there is a late winning score. I also agree that Westwood should have been MOM on Friday, it would be churlish to say he did nothing wrong, the truth is he did (just about everything) right.

Unfortunately, his performance, from an Eddie and Stevo perspective, would have looked unglamorous or not flashy enough, with too few 'standout' moments to show in the recap.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/