Leeds Rhinos v St Helens

Who will make it to Wembley  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will make it to Wembley

• Leeds Rhinos
    • St Helens
    • Golden Point Extra Time

Biggest game of the season for mine as these two Rugby League heavyweights clash for the Third time this year.

With the results so far being:

Saturday 24th April 2010, St Helens 41-20 Leeds Rhinos, Attendance: 11,048, Referee: Richard Silverwood

Saturday 3rd July 2010, Leeds Rhinos 28-24 St Helens, Attendance: 17,200, Referee: Richard Silverwood

So one win apiece and in two totally contrasting games so the comparing of the two doesn't really give us any idea as to what to expect on Saturday at a packed Galpharm stadium in Huddersfield or does it?

I'll be cheering for *cough St Helens on the day but I really do think Leeds will make it to Wembley where they will face the Catalans Dragons.

So then for mine it's Leeds Rhinos 22-20 St Helens with 19,000 in attendance.

Edited by Tommy The C5t

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see there being anymore than six points in this game to be honest.

Shouldn't you be cheering for Leeds instead of your arch rivals?

Tough one to call. Think Saints will just edge a Leeds side without the mercurial Ablett.

Leeds 18 Saints 20.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Underestimate Leeds at your peril - no matter what they have said in the press, it's blindingly obvious this is the comp they really want to win this year.

Regardless of my blatent anti-Leeds bias, I'd still rather Saints won as a Wire/Saints final would be a belter for mine and hopefully the best cup final (on paper) in half a decade.

Still, I think we have an amazing semi in this fixture, but regardless of what I want to happen, I can see Leeds taking this by a score or two.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Saints will have my support on Saturday, and I think they will be grinning afterwards. Leeds need to be on top in the forwards to win this, and with Ablett rightly doing a 3 stretch and injuries elsewhere they won't even have parity. Saints are not the side they were and cannot perform every week like they used to, but have shown enough for mine to win this comfortably. An all Cheshire final looks a likely outcome.

I thought that the semis last year were both excellent games and hope that this year's will equally be a treat.

It would be good to have a classic final, as it has been a long time since we had one (any since Radlinski's foot final?).

It would be good to have a classic final, as it has been a long time since we had one (any since Radlinski's foot final?).

2005 - Hull vs Leeds was a pretty good one IIRC. Was Radlinski's 2004?

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Can see this being decided by the video ref in the dying seconds.

Cant choose between them, BUT if I had to bet 5p id go for for Leeds by 2

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

Full team maybe, even two or three injuries, but not with half our pack missing.

We are struggling so much in the back row that Senior is going to have to move into the pack at some stage if not the whole game.

Lee Smith at centre? He'll be destroyed by Gidley.

Sinfield back in the pack with Burrow and McGuire partnering up again for the first time in a while, they will be rusty.

We are lacking beef and it will show towards the end of each half.

Saints by 16.

"Rugby league is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nk*rs"

Laurie Dailey

Kirkes only in the 19, may not play.

Possibly Diskin as well! Hope so, we need all the experience we have for this game. If those two are fit and play then hopefully it will be a closer encounter than I first thought.

Edited by Optimus

"Rugby league is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w@nk*rs"

Laurie Dailey

Possibly Diskin as well! Hope so, we need all the experience we have for this game. If those two are fit and play then hopefully it will be a closer encounter than I first thought.

Really hope so but we have a few players who are only just getting back to fitness and some look as if they are struggling with injuries, it could end up as a real embarrassment for us.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

Underestimate Leeds at your peril - no matter what they have said in the press, it's blindingly obvious this is the comp they really want to win this year.

Regardless of my blatent anti-Leeds bias, I'd still rather Saints won as a Wire/Saints final would be a belter for mine and hopefully the best cup final (on paper) in half a decade.

Still, I think we have an amazing semi in this fixture, but regardless of what I want to happen, I can see Leeds taking this by a score or two.

Agree on both counts. They'll never admit it publicy, but I believe they've targetted the Challenge Cup this year.

Despite their absentees and poor form in Super League, I'm sticking with Leeds to win this one.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Agree on both counts. They'll never admit it publicy, but I believe they've targetted the Challenge Cup this year.

Despite their absentees and poor form in Super League, I'm sticking with Leeds to win this one.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/rugby-leagu...ield.6461072.jp

Makes a good read.

As a born and bred Bradford lad (well, apart from a short time in Morley as a very young child), I shall be cheering Saints on. Well, I would but I'll be on the ferry to France at the time the match is on. :D

Go Saints!

I'm not mad but I am...

Donkeys forever, forever Donkeys!

Well, I would but I'll be on the ferry to France at the time the match is on. :D

You do realise, despite Lobbygobbler's insistence, the other semi is not in France, don't you?

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board