Richie mathers

After watching yesterdays cup final(congrats to the wire by the way, your team was superb and by far the better team) i can't help wondering why warrington would want to sign a 32 year old aussie looking for a pension pay off rather than keep a 26 year old richie mathers ? Who imho was the lance todd winner by a country mile.Any thoughts ?

After watching yesterdays cup final(congrats to the wire by the way, your team was superb and by far the better team) i can't help wondering why warrington would want to sign a 32 year old aussie looking for a pension pay off rather than keep a 26 year old richie mathers ? Who imho was the lance todd winner by a country mile.Any thoughts ?

I thought he kept them in the game early doors. And it wasn't his fault that his try was disallowed.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Because the Aussie has to be better :rolleyes: gee dont you know anything ;)

I have to admit to not been his biggest fan. However I thought the way he put his body on the line yesterday was absolutely superb saving Wire how many tries? I thought his attack was a bit sharper than normal and as was said unlucky with his "try".

I'll admit to being a non Mathers fan, but he was very good yesterday, and Brett seems to be on the later stages of his career, and is also being more closely watched by defences now, kind of "Jamie Bloem" all over again, sensation at first, then everyone watched for him.

I'm a bit unsure, but suspect moving Ritchie on could be a mistake come the business end next year, though when the announcements were made thought it could be ok...

Yeah, you heard it here first folks, I'm pretty much on the fence. B)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Wire are in massive need of a recognised kicker (imagine we had that Leeds would have been massacred yesterday) and with Hodgson in the team we will tick that box. But Mathers did a great job and will look back on his time at Wire as a great spell that has turned his career around. I am sad to see him go and wish the guy well.

I'm unsure as to whether Wire are right to let Mathers go or not, I am sure I am happy for Huddersfield to let Hodgson go. While he was superb last season for us, this season he is showing his age.

And it will be interesting to see how long it takes him to stop passing to the TJ rather than his winger when he gets to Wire.

I'm unsure as to whether Wire are right to let Mathers go or not, I am sure I am happy for Huddersfield to let Hodgson go. While he was superb last season for us, this season he is showing his age.

And it will be interesting to see how long it takes him to stop passing to the TJ rather than his winger when he gets to Wire.

I agree. Whilst I will show faith in Smith as he hasn't done too much wrong at Wire so far, I am not overly happy with another ageing player in Hodgson. We are then looking at having our main playmakers (Briers, Hodgson, Monaghan, Clarke etc. along with our skipper Morley) on the wrong side of 30. Hopefully they will help to bring the young lads through, but we need to be careful IMHO.

I agree. Whilst I will show faith in Smith as he hasn't done too much wrong at Wire so far, I am not overly happy with another ageing player in Hodgson. We are then looking at having our main playmakers (Briers, Hodgson, Monaghan, Clarke etc. along with our skipper Morley) on the wrong side of 30. Hopefully they will help to bring the young lads through, but we need to be careful IMHO.

Fear not - after we've had him at cas during the off season you'll soon start to think SMith has done the right thing - Mathers will look very ordinary next year!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Fear not - after we've had him at cas during the off season you'll soon start to think SMith has done the right thing - Mathers will look very ordinary next year!
Genuinely hope not mate. He seems a good bloke, and whatever flaws he has, he works bloody hard and is as passionate as anyone playing in SL at the moment...

I got slated last year off Hannibal when i said Wires signed solomona to help bring on the kids, look what he has actually done on the pitch for us....... off the pitch, the young lads have loved having him around.

Hodgson has been brought in for his goal kicking, as a natural FB and also a great ball player..... in my eyes all improvements to our current offering.

Wires have a couple of young lads in the U20's (hub cap winners don't forget) who play at FB and they are the "Future"........TS hasn't made many mistakes at Warrington.

I have been fortunate enough to be around the club over the last few months (i did the club suits for wembley, didn't they look smart ;) )

One thing that Tony Smith said, and i will not forget.......... getting the right management team, coaches, physio's, conditioners etc etc in place, builds strength within, take this on to the pitch, build on results and get better and better, working harder and harder as a team and all the efforts will pay off..

In TS we must trust.

I agree with above and think that Smith knows some good kids are coming through from the team that won the academy league this year such as Evans and Evans.

I agree with above and think that Smith knows some good kids are coming through from the team that won the academy league this year such as Evans and Evans.

Rhys Evans is due to make his debut on Friday.

http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/wolves..._debut/?ref=rss

Warrington have HIGH hopes on this lad.

Infact, the Welsh RL have made sure he can't go over to be an English International, thats how high the hopes are on this lad......and for the record his brother ben.

Hodgson has been brought in for his goal kicking, as a natural FB and also a great ball player..... in my eyes all improvements to our current offering.

You already have a decent enough goalkicker, think Westwood has been doing a great job & cant see Hodgeson doing any better IMO.

Richie Mathers has impressed me the last few times have seen him play & I feel Wire may have dropped a clanger in signing Hodgson over Mathers. He will probably prove me wrong though ;)

You already have a decent enough goalkicker, think Westwood has been doing a great job & cant see Hodgeson doing any better IMO.

Richie Mathers has impressed me the last few times have seen him play & I feel Wire may have dropped a clanger in signing Hodgson over Mathers. He will probably prove me wrong though ;)

Are you saying that based on his miss v's Saints B)

back on thread, time will tell.

Are you saying that based on his miss v's Saints B)

back on thread, time will tell.

No I am not (honest guv :D ) I actually felt sorry for him when he missed that as he kicked far harder that night plus Sky were barstewards for asking him about it :rolleyes:

I think Tony Smith has made a very big mistake. Richie is one of the most enthusiastic and positive players in Super League. He was always very good at Leeds until his knee injuries and didnt settle in a very poor Wigan side. The fans didnt take to him and was probably the hardest worked FB in the league at the time. He would probably been very good again working with the current Wigan Coach. I Know its ifs and buts but I hope he stays injury free and Cas see the best of him as he reads the game very well and could play at 6 for them if Richard Owens comes back at his best.

Good luck Ritchie make TS sorry he let you go again!