The TV Thread

9 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

20k if you get the jackpot counter to drop with a double counter at the same time but I think that has only happened once, so yes, it is normally 10k.

Don’t know where I got the idea she’d won £30,000, it was £10,000. Still not a bad outcome.

As you say the most you can win is £20,000.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

20k if you get the jackpot counter to drop with a double counter at the same time but I think that has only happened once, so yes, it is normally 10k.

39 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Have you been watching Family Fortunes? The top prize on that is 30K. 

And you despair?

19 hours ago, Moose said:

Not my cup of tea. Talking of quiz’s it’s about time Eggheads came back.

yes but without the pompous puffed up preck  "well done" jeremy vine

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

18 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Quiz shows? I'm glad Victoria Coren-Mitchells cleavage is back on our screens. Only Connect me with that please. I have even stopped paying attention to the questions.

yes i have found the more i watch - only connect- the harder it gets!

• Haha 2

On 05/11/2020 at 18:39, Moose said:

The first contestant was a middle age Scottish chap who knew that Berwick on Tweed was near the border with Scotland and thought it was in Norfolk. The second answer came from a 20ish year old female who admitted she hadn’t a clue about her own country’s geography. Hopefully neither work for Royal Mail.

When sending a parcel to Thailand once I was asked by the lady behind the counter whether it was in Europe so it is a possibility

Enjoyed Trackers on Sky Atlantic last night based on the novel of the same name by the excellent Afrikaans writer Deon Meyer. Rather surprisingly it was developed by Meyer with Robert Thorogood, the creator of Death in Paradise. There were a few minor changes from the book and I guess it would always be difficult to portray the author's portrayal of the complexities of life in the new South Africa, but it was still a cracking watch

On 06/11/2020 at 16:10, Bleep1673 said:

Quiz shows? I'm glad Victoria Coren-Mitchells cleavage is back on our screens. Only Connect me with that please. I have even stopped paying attention to the questions.

I dreamed last night that VC-M got them out live on TV.

but back to quiz shows - the public v pro quizzers - the chase eggheads etc - there always has to be royalty lines and shakespeare questions in every single show - the pro quizzers memorise all this info as par for the course but keith from kettering doesnt- make it more even - general knowledge for everyone ditch royalty and shakespeare - its too heavily weighted in the favour of pro quizzers 

On 06/11/2020 at 16:10, Bleep1673 said:

Try watching it on mute , helps you try and get an answer without the sound of the geeks discussing the question , and also i`ve noticed when watching without the sound on Victoria C M throws her head , arms  and hair about like a demented Miss Piggy on speed .

3 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Try watching it on mute , helps you try and get an answer without the sound of the geeks discussing the question , and also i`ve noticed when watching without the sound on Victoria C M throws her head , arms  and hair about like a demented Miss Piggy on speed .

I have tried watching it on mute, but V C-M's cleavage keeps appearing. 

And her legs during the "Wall".

Edited by Bleep1673

I was watching TV this morning & I was surprised how I thought of a cross reference. I was watching Homes Under the Hammer,  and I have been following the Oscar Pistorious Story, and when the bids came in "thick & fast", I thought of Oscar, because he never came across as the sharpest knife in the box, did he?

money for nothing = woman waits for white middle aged middle class person to bring chair to tip - spends 50 quid on fuel to transport it from bristol to hebden bridge - item gets tarted up at a cost of eg 300 quid- someone who wants to get their business on tv pays 340 for it because they are gonna get on tv otherwise said item would be re listed multiple times on ebay at a loss 

Watching one of the greatest films ever made , launched the career of Steven Spielberg and Richard Dreyfuss , also starring a bloke who was born 4 miles from where I'm currently sat , Westhoughton to Hollywood , now equally famous for having. wether spoons named after him 😉

" Here lies the body of Mary Lee , died at the age of 103 , for 15 years she kept her virginity , not a bad record for this vicinity " 😁

Farewell and adue you fair Spanish Ladies farewell and adue you ladies of Spain , show me the way to go home , I'm tired and I want to bed , I had a little drink ago about an hour ago 😂

Edited by GUBRATS
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Watching one of the greatest films ever made , launched the career of Steven Spielberg and Richard Dreyfuss , also starring a bloke who was born 4 miles from where I'm currently sat , Westhoughton to Hollywood , now equally famous for having. wether spoons named after him 😉

" Here lies the body of Mary Lee , died at the age of 103 , for 15 years she kept her virginity , not a bad record for this vicinity " 😁

Farewell and adue you fair Spanish Ladies farewell and adue you ladies of Spain , show me the way to go home , I'm tired and I want to bed , I had a little drink ago about an hour ago 😂

I think you're going to need a bigger boat! Best ad-lib of all time.