Fans given opportunity to #AskTheRFL

Fans given opportunity to #AskTheRFL

Rugby League fans will have the opportunity to put questions about the ongoing Policy Review and planned competition restructuring directly to RFL Chief Executive Nigel Wood and RFL Chief Operating Officer Ralph Rimmer in a ground-breaking online question and answer session on Friday (May 17).

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

This can only go well...

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

I think the questions they don't answer will be something to behold.

@rlmeltdown will be busy! :D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

First I'll ask @TheRFL why my #AskTheRef questions get ignored by @RFLReferees.

Then I'll ask @RFLReferees why my #AskTheRFL questions get ignored by @TheRFL.

Ha ha brilliant.  #asktheref has quickly turned in to the following:

Fan: Can you explain X decision?

Ref: Having looked at X again, I was right.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

Ha ha brilliant.  #asktheref has quickly turned in to the following:

Fan: Can you explain X decision?

Ref: Having looked at X again, I was right.

I've had a few I've thought of asked by others and answered, but all I want to know is why TV Tony gets so many TV games!

I've had a few I've thought of asked by others and answered, but all I want to know is why TV Tony gets so many TV games!

and has he always looked that age...even as a child

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

They've lost the plot.

Someone ask them why they are considering implementing a totally ridiculous and unneccessary system, potentially undoing all the good work by the previous (competent) regime and setting the sport back 10 years for the sake of a few moaning idiots and business executives who have no idea what's best for the sport.

Someone also ask them whether they will be forcing the return of an U20's/reserves competition next season, and if not then why not?

They've lost the plot.

Someone ask them why they are considering implementing a totally ridiculous and unneccessary system, potentially undoing all the good work by the previous (competent) regime and setting the sport back 10 years for the sake of a few moaning idiots and business executives who have no idea what's best for the sport.

Someone also ask them whether they will be forcing the return of an U20's/reserves competition next season, and if not then why not?

Summarise it to 140 characters and do it tha'sen. ;)

They've lost the plot.

Both those have been asked , so watch out for the replies

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

The guys orchestrating this mess can be summed up in one Q&A.

Q - Why would fans buy season tickets when they only know half the fixture list?

A - That's for the clubs to work out.

Incompetent doesn't even begin to describe these people. Oh for the days of Richard Lewis.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The guys orchestrating this mess can be summed up in one Q&A.

Q - Why would fans buy season tickets when they only know half the fixture list?

A - That's for the clubs to work out.

Incompetent doesn't even begin to describe these people. Oh for the days of Richard Lewis.

Now to be fair, that's not the whole response.

Q.) How can you expect fans to buy season tickets if they don't even know which teams their team will be playing in opt3?

A.) The issue of Season Tickets is clearly one for each club to determine. Many clubs already offer full season tickets and half-season tickets on a club by club basis, similarly people buy season tickets for different reasons, some for discounts they offer and some for the certainty of securing their seats for every game. It is certainly the case that some clubs wouldn’t be totally clear as to their full year’s fixtures before the season under option 3. But at the time of offering season tickets they would be embarking on an exciting 25 game journey. Is that a better prospect for a club and it’s supporters than a certain fixture list with perhaps more dead-rubber games?

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Now to be fair, that's not the whole response.

Q.) How can you expect fans to buy season tickets if they don't even know which teams their team will be playing in opt3?

A.) The issue of Season Tickets is clearly one for each club to determine. Many clubs already offer full season tickets and half-season tickets on a club by club basis, similarly people buy season tickets for different reasons, some for discounts they offer and some for the certainty of securing their seats for every game. It is certainly the case that some clubs wouldn’t be totally clear as to their full year’s fixtures before the season under option 3. But at the time of offering season tickets they would be embarking on an exciting 25 game journey. Is that a better prospect for a club and it’s supporters than a certain fixture list with perhaps more dead-rubber games?

Just a longer way of saying "that's for the clubs to work out".

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959